• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Corpekata

Banned
The potions you can make are super useful if anyone ignored those perks. The stamina one lasts a pretty decent amount of time, more than enough to clear out a safe house with no trouble. Night vision doesn't last very long but good for avoiding attention.

Kinda wish it was just an inventory slot you could use from the menu though.

Getting the ingredients might be a slight hassle but they're on the map so not too bad.

Flunkie

Banned
LOVING this so far. Especially the traversal.

And yes, holy shit night time is unlike any game I've played before. They nailed it. And I love how if you turn your flashlight off at night... it's actually completely dark.

Sad that breaking arms isn't in this game, the only part that feels like a step back from DI really. This game is really scratching an itch I didn't know I still had, left over from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Kicking zombies into spikes = awesome.

Made a few videos.

Traversal

Explosive Multi-Kill

and my favorite thing to do besides kicking them into spikes? Kicking Them Off the Roof

if you click nothing else click this: http://gfycat.com/ScaredLargeCowrie XD

about users reviewing and scoring the game on metacritic:

how the fuck do you do a review of a game that just came out and score out of ten? have they really play it extensively or are they just going off first impressions? when you have a new game you go through a honeymoon period where the excitement and novelty of the game is strong and pristine while certain faults have yet to be experienced enough times to hamper your view of the game, for example: when i first started playing far cry 4 on ps4 i thought there wasn't a lot of pop in, but i kept playing and now i see it everywhere, its still a fun game but if i would have reviewed it and scored the game day one based off my first impressions i would have given misinformation that the game was low on pop-in

this game looks fun and i will definitely be picking it up

Corpekata

Banned
You're putting far too much thought into user scores. Here's the amount of thought they are doing:

1. I like zombies 10/10
2. This is delayed in Europe 0/10.

It's especially bad with any game that has controversial elements, like NuDante in DmC which got bombarded with low scores the second it released. They tend to balance out a bit after a while when people that aren't so clearly vested in pushing some sort of agenda chime in.

Only got to play about an hour last night but I came away pretty impressed. The story stuff has consisted of really clunky exposition so far and hasn't been interesting but the traversal and combat both feel really good so I'm looking forward to digging into it some more.

MrBali

Neo Member
So I got Unity and this game today and gave Assasin's Creed a go at first. My god that frame rate was terrible. Anyway Dying Light turned out to be better than expected it's very fun and tense to play. No tearing or frame rate drops either. Felt so good after Unity.

tmespe

Glad to hear the game is god!
This game is so god I pray to it every night.

How exactly does the agility upgrades work? It seems kinda random. I run and jump around constantly, but the bar doesn't really move, then suddenly I level up. Power and survival is more straightforward.

Lucifon

So frustrated at the Gamestop deal finding out people got the Season Pass too! I bought it the day before from Amazon US (i'm from the UK) for $60 :( Nevermind, game is awesome so far!

Do all digital copies get the 'be the zombie' competitive multiplayer mode for free too? It's just the free dlc we don't get right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this title, however the lowres buildings when climbing up high disappoints me.

also, has anyone found a way to climb down?

I climbed the antenna only to feel pretty fucked, and had to take little jumps down, resulting in me slipping and falling 1491249124124 ft.

bye bye survivor points

tmespe

So frustrated at the Gamestop deal finding out people got the Season Pass too! I bought it the day before from Amazon US (i'm from the UK) for $60 :( Nevermind, game is awesome so far!

Do all digital copies get the 'be the zombie' competitive multiplayer mode for free too? It's just the free dlc we don't get right?

Glad I jumped on the gamestop deal. Yes, all copies get the be a zombie mode. It was planned as pre-order DLC, but they removed that after the outrage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this title, however the lowres buildings when climbing up high disappoints me.

I climbed the antenna only to feel pretty fucked, and had to take little jumps down, resulting in me slipping and falling 1491249124124 ft.

bye bye survivor points

zip lines from the top?

taco543

How does the co-op work guys? do I need friends for it?

Haven't bought it yet.

naw you can make it public and have anyone join you can have upto 3 friends with you so 4 players as well as you can turn off people joining as zombies to try and kill you

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I see some bilinear filtering in that second video linked in the OP. Yikes.

Klyka

Banned
This game is so god I pray to it every night.

How exactly does the agility upgrades work? It seems kinda random. I run and jump around constantly, but the bar doesn't really move, then suddenly I level up. Power and survival is more straightforward.

Every longer jump you do,every ledge you climb gives you points. You can see that at the top on the left bar. You can literally jump back and forth over a waist high wall and getpoints for that.

bye bye survivor points

The radio towers all have ziplines going down from them that you can....well zipline down.

Corpekata

Banned
Most towers have extra areas, that you can climb up to that don't have ziplines, so getting back down to the ziplines can be a bit awkward.

Klyka

Banned
Most towers have extra areas, that you can climb up to that don't have ziplines, so getting back down to the ziplines can be a bit awkward.

Isn't that the fun part though? ;)

Also, keep looking for trashbags on the ground next to high locations.
It's basically the "Leap of Faith" from Assassin's Creed, just in First Person.

Klyka

Banned
hmmm I guess I should save mine for Item Duplication glitch then?

giphy.gif

guggnichso

Banned
Ok, I hoped this hasn't been asked / answered yet:

I bought the Xbox One digital version. How do I start / participate in that "Be the zombie" mode? I heard you can invade other people's games / be invaded by other people.

Do I have to download something? Does this only happen in multiplayer? I don't seem to find something like that anywhere in the menues.

Not loving the parkour after a few hours, it just doesn't feel smooth in the same way that it does in Mirrors Edge or Assassin's Creed. Everything you do seems to have a pause before you're back to moving. Still early on I presume though, so we shall see if that aspect improves.

G_Berry

Banned
Its been glitched on the aussie PSN store all day. Just managed to get it working by logging into the store on a pc, click your profile and go to download list, then force the download through there.

Didn't work for me earlier in the day but just worked then. Give it a go!

Its been glitched on the aussie PSN store all day. Just managed to get it working by logging into the store on a pc, click your profile and go to download list, then force the download through there.

Didn't work for me earlier in the day but just worked then. Give it a go!

Glitched?

Top Bottom