• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

webkatt

Alienware is doing a giveaway for a in-game shirt.

*Ninja Edit*
Steam/PC Keys for Shirt

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/dying-light-in-game-alienware-t-shirt-key-giveaway

83fb54e30081e1fab7fc91f1ad43f1a5c2c4833a.jpeg

Free is free

Ferrio

Banned
Tons of people have reported this problem. Also deleting save files after a crash too with MP. i've avoided it until I hear of a patch.

Guess I'll wait for patch before I play anymore period since multi seemed alot more entertaining. Racing people to objectives was more fun than worrying about zombies.

So I'm a little confused about the Be A Zombie mode. I thought I could jump into a friends game as he's playing single player as a zombie and just try and kick his ass. Is this not true? I'm reading about 4 on 1 and destroying nests. Is that all it is?

sleepykyo

Damn, night is supposed to be this difficult right? Those super zombies gangbang me in a hurry. My weapons did nothing, :(

At least it doesn't seem like you lose XP.

Two other questions:
1)When a weapon has no repairs left its done right? No bringing it back from the dead?
2)Are valuables junk items? Any reason to keep all these pouches or coffee or whatever?

Well night is optional outside of a certain missions, but I do wish I spent more time out at night to gain that increased xp. Just have some flares on hand. Oh and I think I took one out with the electrified gate trap.

Corpekata

Banned
So I'm a little confused about the Be A Zombie mode. I thought I could jump into a friends game as he's playing single player as a zombie and just try and kick his ass. Is this not true? I'm reading about 4 on 1 and destroying nests. Is that all it is?

You invade him, he has to destroy nests to repel you.

AlexIIDX

Ive only played about 2 hours, and I think I can have fun playing anything co-op with my friend, but man we're having a blast. Some of the ways we're taking out zombies are hilarious. I love the ragdoll physics. I'll run in and slide and knock a zombie into the air while he comes rushing in and drop kicks it....Haven't even gotten to night yet, outside of the short portion in the beginning.

Teknoman

You can get a real sense of vertigo when really up high and while wearing headphones.

Should I make the Steam Dying Light group public or private?

Co-op works out nicely, and the zombies get pretty tough.

jond76

Banned
Did a quarantine side mission. Shit was hard. Apartment full of zombies and the damn thing was on fire too. Died like 4 times until I remembered I had a rifle.

The game is really good. Really good.

Man this damn game is too fun with co-op. Can't wait to sink more time into it tomorrow. Only down side of co-op is that we mess around too much and hardly make progress lol.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Phionoxx

I had a one on one Night Hunter match, where I was the survivor. It was an absolute beatdown as the hunter became the hunted, I was chasing him down with the UV light and smackin' the shit out of him with a Nailed Cricket Bat. The only time he ever got me was when I was preoccupied with smashing the Nests.

Sounds fun. Haven't been invaded yet though in 6 or so hours of play. Wonder if your invasion settings also mirror your Co Op settings? I'm playing on friends only, not public. If that's the case (only friends can invade) it would make sense I suppose. Might have to switch it to public.

Phionoxx

Did a quarantine side mission. Shit was hard. Apartment full of zombies and the damn thing was on fire too. Died like 4 times until I remembered I had a rifle.

The game is really good. Really good.

Did you get the sense that those quarantine missile are meant for co op groups? Or is it doable solo? I've come across 5 or so quarantine zones but haven't tried one yet.

BeeDog

I was ready to impulse buy this on PSN, but I checked the Swedish store this morning and couldn't find the game, when it was there yesterday. What the hell?

I have literally never seen my in-game player model, and can't convince any of my friends to drop $60 on this.

Sounds fun. Haven't been invaded yet though in 6 or so hours of play. Wonder if your invasion settings also mirror your Co Op settings? I'm playing on friends only, not public. If that's the case (only friends can invade) it would make sense I suppose. Might have to switch it to public.
Those online settings are for invasion mode. They don't affect co-op.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I haven't tried co-op yet as I just got out of the tower and died the forest two side quests. I'm liking this game a lot so far. There are some tense situations!

Found a guy in game who told me about the sewers. Basically, they corralled a majority of the zombies into the sewers, but there's a trade off that using the sewers is a fast way to get around places. Hoo boy. I like that. Not all the information has to be quest related.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i'm pretty sure that's how that works.

How do you invade your Friends? I tried to join from my friends list (while in Be a zombie menu) and could not. I think they really dropped the ball in implementing it. I wish you could join a real 4:1, 3:1 etc. game mode instead of hoping some one invades your game...

Dr.Acula

Banned
Do you get the 24hrs day/night cycle doing side quests?

Time just runs. I think it's an hour of daylight and 7 or 8 minutes of night. You can pick quests in the menu at anytime and drop or pick them up at anytime. Time in the game just runs. Some quests are night only. If you sleep you can sleep until day or sleep until night.

Corpekata

Banned
How do you invade your Friends? I tried to join from my friends list (while in Be a zombie menu) and could not. I think they really dropped the ball in implementing it. I wish you could join a real 4:1, 3:1 etc. game mode instead of hoping some one invades your game...

Friends probably haven't opted into it.

It's one of the co-op options. So they have to be playing online, and have to allow invasions, and they also specify if night time only, so can mean a narrow list of players to invade. They really should invert things and let people opt out rather than opt in since the way to do so is not that intuitive.

Do you get the 24hrs day/night cycle doing side quests?

Yes but only after a certain story mission which acts as the intro to night time. Before that you have plenty of time to explore or do side missions.

Friends probably haven't opted into it.

It's one of the co-op options. So they have to be playing online, and have to allow invasions, and they also specify if night time only, so can mean a narrow list of players to invade. They really should invert things and let people opt out rather than opt in since the way to do so is not that intuitive.

We were playing around with Online options: Friends Only, Public, All times. Nothing, all you can do is Quick Join.

i've played about 5 hours last night and i'm really having a great time so far.
it's a very polished game and i didn't have any major bugs or glitches.
the first gameplay during the night was fucking intense.
can't wait to jump back into game tonight.

feel free to add me for some co-op mayhem.

ps4 (eu) King_Sabotage

JambiBum

We were playing around with Online options: Friends Only, Public, All times. Nothing, all you can do is Quick Join.

Go into the be the zombie menu and if your friends are able to be joined they will show up in the bottom right. You can also just join through your friends list. As long as you are actually in the BTZ lobby you will join as a hunter. If you are on the main screen you will join as a survivor.

Wish multi wouldnt crash so much for me on pc. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Well that was lame... was in a cave for a night mission when it turned morning and volatiles literally spawned out of thin air and murdered me lol

Time just runs. I think it's an hour of daylight and 7 or 8 minutes of night. You can pick quests in the menu at anytime and drop or pick them up at anytime. Time in the game just runs. Some quests are night only. If you sleep you can sleep until day or sleep until night.

Night is terrifying to me. I can't hang yet. I get the holy fuck stomach drop feeling when it's sunset and I'm in the middle of nowhere

Teknoman

How does one go about joining this group?

Thanks! Got a key.

I havent made it yet, but I guess the majority of other GAF steam groups are public so why not. They would have to look in this thread to join anyway. I'll make it and post the link, then maybe it can be added to the OT? I think a PSN/XBL spreadsheet would be cool too. Especially since it has an in game menu to show where friends are / story percent.

c0Zm1c

The companion app is addictive. I just wish it was a bit more stable, less glitchy. I get frequent connection drop pop-ups and after a while the icons for scouts on the mission tab become messed up requiring an app restart. I hope they release an update.

Top Bottom