• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
is the game on a timer?

I ask because im doing these missions for
Rais
, and now and then
Bracken
calls me for updates, and in the meantime im also doing all the sidequests I find (as usual). so im doing these sidequests in the
fishermen village
, and
bracken
calls me and says s
omeone turned on the tower and they need the medicine asap and shit

so... am I fucking / fucked myself over by doing sidequests before finishing this
Rais
main quest for
the medicine
?
I don't know for sure but I don't think there's anything like that. I think you just get reminders of your current mission every so often.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know for sure but I don't think there's anything like that. I think you just get reminders of your current mission every so often.

ok cool

also, there are SO MANY FUCKING sidequests opening up everywhere, oh my god

I just opened the map to get my bearings and all of a sudden theres !s everywhere lol

Einbroch

Banned
How is the co-op? What I mean is, can I earn trophies? Can we advance the story at the same time? Or is it just a tagalong experience where I don't earn anything by playing on my friend's game?

lol, this game's story...

Side character: "Hey main character, we chose to do the job you were gonna do."
Main character: "Why would you do that!?"
Side character: "You think you're the only one qualified to do it? You're new here!"
Main character: "Sorry..."
Side character: "Anyways, we messed up, and we're all dying. We need your help now."

lmao, why do any of the other people in the game even try?

Compsiox

Banned
Playing on xb1. Just lost all my blueprints and weapons and xp. What the actual fuck?!

Sometimes when two accounts are signed in it will have you play as the other account so make sure that isn't the case. Had my fair share of scares in Sunset Overdrive.

impact

Banned
ok I finally got my game to work by... uninstalling AVG anti-virus lol

so weird, never had that issue with any game before

antitrop

Side character: "You think you're the only one qualified to do it? You're new here!"
Side character: "Anyways, we messed up, and we're all dying. We need your help now."

The main character's voice over is hilarious to me. He sounds so casual, when he's supposed to be like a tough, highly trained government operator or whatever. He sounds like a college kid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How is the co-op? What I mean is, can I earn trophies? Can we advance the story at the same time? Or is it just a tagalong experience where I don't earn anything by playing on my friend's game?
So far as I have heard, it's actually pretty seamless. If you're in the same story segment, I guess you can progress it just like it's singleplayer, and all of your acquisitions and progression is retained. Someone who has experience with it can correct me if wrong on that.

This guy I run into 3 hours into the game is like "so I hear everyone bragging about how you're the best runner in the Tower. I'll have you know that's me, so you best watch yourself"

Bitch I just got here, how did they even have time to brag about me to you
Kicked his ass for +400 agility, nomnomnom.

The main character's voice over is hilarious to me. He sounds so casual, when he's supposed to be like a tough, highly trained government operator or whatever. He sounds like a college kid.

Do any NPC's ever question why he randomly showed up one day? I can't think of any. Or is he just "the new guy" with no explanation needed?

Does anyone know if the Companion App imparts any benefits to my game on the PS4? The app lets me send "scouts" to collect various things... that's about all there is to it as far as I can tell. Do those things carry over to my main game? Otherwise, the app seems pretty pointless...

Yes you can send things to the game :] just create a package and put some stuff in it and send it to game

jond76

Banned

There are some parts that are spot on perfect to me. Like close to the start when you're turning in the first electric box and the big zombie bursts out. I fought like 7 zombies with a shitty water pipe and lived. When I flipped the switch inside, the guy was all like, "there! I turned on the GOD damned power!"

Made me laugh because it was perfect for what I just went through.

dork

Banned
I was on like the 2nd mission or so running back to a safe house during my first experience with nighttime. 1) its SUPER dark i cant see anything at all...feel like that was a bug... and 2) i was like 30meters away and i just loaded and warped into the safe house... was really strange.

There are some parts that are spot on perfect to me. Like close to the start when you're turning in the first electric box and the big zombie bursts out. I fought like 7 zombies with a shitty water pipe and lived. When I flipped the switch inside, the guy was all like, "there! I turned on the GOD damned power!"

Made me laugh because it was perfect for what I just went through.

Yeah I feel it's usually appropriate. For a zombie game I actually think it has a better cast and dialog then most of its cousins.

I was on like the 2nd mission or so running back to a safe house during my first experience with nighttime. 1) its SUPER dark i cant see anything at all...feel like that was a bug... and 2) i was like 30meters away and i just loaded and warped into the safe house... was really strange.
You've got a flashlight, but I'm not sure why you warped into the safe house.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How far into the story are you percentage wise?

15% story wise with 9 hours played. I just got a quest called
Siblings, where I have to sneak into a school with Jade to see if thats where Rais is keeping the Ativan

atm I have 9 sidequests and 7 finished sidequests. I have about 3 or 4 more !s around the city to get too. And these sidequests are actually surprisingly involving, all have dialogues and little stories, I havent seen a "kill 10 rats" type deal yet

I also have 6 or 7 challenges but I havent touched any of those

GravyButt

Check the end of the OP, there's a possible fix there.
Nope didn't work.

Xb1 digital. Who do I call for a refund on this shit? It's something that extremely pisses me off, and im not one to hardly ever ask for a refund but this is one of the few cases it would ever happen.

pahamrick

Nope didn't work.

Xb1 digital. Who do I call for a refund on this shit? It's something that extremely pisses me off, and im not one to hardly ever ask for a refund but this is one of the few cases it would ever happen.

Yeah, it sucks. All three platforms can get hit with this bug, and supposedly it's going to be fixed in the next patch but that's how many hours of the game down the drain at this point.

So, how is the coop? Do I have to wait for my friends to get in the story for me or we have to move at the same timw because it can screw the other friend story quest like dead island 1?

GravyButt

Yeah, it sucks. All three platforms can get hit with this bug, and supposedly it's going to be fixed in the next patch but that's how many hours of the game down the drain at this point.

About 20 game hours for me, plus 12 dockets, plus a bunch of hours put into their companion app. Yup, fuck that and fuck this game. Biggest annoyance is when a game you pay for waste your time like this. I can see if the game sucked, and you were upset it wasted your time that way. But when a game breaking bug happens that actually does waste your time on an other wise good game, then once again fuck that.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So what alerts the Volatiles? Any tips on how to avoid them seeing me? Died 3 times now trying to get back. Will they see me using my flashlight?

CzarTim

What you're a zombie in Be A Zombie mode, how much awareness do hunters have of you? Can they see you without LOS or is it just audio?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Playing on xb1. Just lost all my blueprints and weapons and xp. What the actual fuck?!

Known bug related to sleeping in-game.

If you go to sleep then quit/crash during or right after you loose everything.
This also applies to co-op if your teammate quit/crashes during or right after sleeping.

To be safe, always run around a bit and talk to an NPC after sleeping (to trigger autosave) until the patch comes out. Consoles may have to wait longer for the patch than PC.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So what alerts the Volatiles? Any tips on how to avoid them seeing me? Died 3 times now trying to get back. Will they see me using my flashlight?

They won't see you unless you're in their vision cone on the minimap. No zombies can see your flashlight (that I've encountered yet).

I really really hate the fact that zombies can "grab" you, mashing X every 10 seconds is not one of the most fun things to do in this world

Kinda late with this response but If you're being grabbed every 10 seconds then you are clearly doing something wrong and need to avoid them.

GravyButt

Known bug related to sleeping in-game.

If you go to sleep then quit/crash during or right after you loose everything.
This also applies to co-op if your teammate quit/crashes during or right after sleeping.

To be safe, always run around a bit and talk to an NPC after sleeping (to trigger autosave) until the patch comes out. Consoles may have to wait longer for the patch than PC.

Oh well. Got a refund. Fuck em.

Rhaknar

lol XD

just stay calm everybody!

whats it called? :p

dude I dunno, the medicine

edit: that bug sounds scary. Hell if I lost my 9 hours I probably wouldnt restart to be honest, no matter how much im enjoying the game. just read in the OP what causes it tho, and yeah, I never exist games right after saving or whatever, im always paranoid and make sure its actually saved and whatnot, so hopeflly ill be safe

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh well. Got a refund. Fuck em.

Yeah, fuck em. It's so weird for open world games to have bugs on release day. I have almost never heard of it.

Loosing a single day's playtime just makes me want to get all my money back and if that doesn't happen I will fling my fist in rage while rolling on the floor.

Rhaknar

Yeah, fuck em. It's so weird for open world games to have bugs on release day. I have almost never heard of it.

Loosing a single day's playtime just makes me want to get all my money back and if that doesn't happen I will fling my fist in rage while rolling on the floor.

20 hours of gameplay is not a single days worth so...yeah. His messaging might be a bit rage-y but he is not wrong

The sidequests / challenges start to populate on the map in the 12% to 15% story range. At least that is when I noticed it happen.

yup my experience aswell

GravyButt

Ya 20 hours is nothing not counting time on their companion app.

I pay for a product to work. If its a bug that halts gameplay or resets it then it should of been caught.

not going to entertain your fits comment since clearly your a child.

Top Bottom