• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you can turn the tables and kick the zombie's ass as a human, but that's not the objective. it requires you to turn your attention away so even with the survivor sense it's kind of competitive... i think I like this.

aro52

After the school mission...

Anyone have any advice for
even FINDING a damn Bolter?! I've spent 3 nights now in different areas, marked as their hunting grounds, on the map, and not a single one. Just packed with normal zombies and Volatiles.

Kurdel

Banned
Holy shit the grappling hook is amazing, completely changes the flow of the game!

Gotta say, I am shocked at how much I am loving this.

After the school mission...

Anyone have any advice for
even FINDING a damn Bolter?! I've spent 3 nights now in different areas, marked as their hunting grounds, on the map, and not a single one. Just packed with normal zombies and Volatiles.

Check you map you can see their feeding areas.

I got mine near the bridge, at the gas station.

I love the hit-reactions when swinging a pipe at a zombie followed by some kicks and how they stumble around realistically. Great feeling successfully connecting with a head shot with a weapon.

One thing I'm not too sure of, in Dead Island you could break zombie limbs so they would be pretty useless. Can you do that in this? I know you can slice them off but can you break them?

The grappling hook is a game changer. It's like it adds the blink ability from Dishonored to mirrors edge. But it's not op as its on a cool down after two throws. Great addition to movement.

Jrs3000

One thing I'm not too sure of, in Dead Island you could break zombie limbs so they would be pretty useless. Can you do that in this? I know you can slice them off but can you break them?

I think so. I know you can break their legs. I haven't landed a critical on a arm yet but I'll try.

Yes. There is an upgrade you can break their legs :] while you are running press circle and then press L1 but first you must get the upgrade.

Flunkie

Banned
No on the arms. That was one of my favorite things to do, crack their arms, run away, then seeing their arms flopping all over the place as they stumbled after me.

No on the arms. That was one of my favorite things to do, crack their arms, run away, then seeing their arms flopping all over the place as they stumbled after me.

You sure?

I've definitely gotten the xray move thingy on their arms before. Don't know if that actually does anything thing though.

tesqui

So just got this laser gun looking thing called the "anti gedoib gun" from a side quest.

It does absolutely nothing.. Unless I'm missing something, I think it's a joke weapon as a far as I can tell.

AngerdX

Ohh my ohh my, sitting wiht a big fat grin on my face, now i really need to get better at running i seem to miss alot of jumps and ledges. :)

Just finished the story mode at around 30 hours.

A surprisingly meaty game to be honest, I need to finish up the side quests too. There's even a new game plus that brings all your stuff and abilities with increased difficulty too.

Phionoxx

The grappling hook is a game changer. It's like it adds the blink ability from Dishonored to mirrors edge. But it's not op as its on a cool down after two throws. Great addition to movement.

Agreed. Getting the Grappling Hook fundamentally changes the flow of the game. Opens up a lot of new movement possibilities. I got it tonight while still in the slums. Only 15% done with story, have just been knocking out sidequests and going crazy during the nights. You can rack up a ton of survivor points at nights just by being outside of a safe house, and sprinting to air drops.

Phionoxx

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can't break their arms, I think even the X Ray image on the arm is just to signify a stun.

But I have encountered a handful of zombies that had lost both of their arms, and we're shambling around aimlessly. Their lunging motion is pretty funny without arms.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
game really needed to have fast travel between safe houses, maps are way too big for those of us doing every sidequest :/

Jrs3000

Just finished the story mode at around 30 hours.

A surprisingly meaty game to be honest, I need to finish up the side quests too. There's even a new game plus that brings all your stuff and abilities with increased difficulty too.

30 hours already....whatttt!? Dr. scan this man for vital signs.
Doctor: "No life signs detected."
JK I miss binge gaming

Is game+ just they have more health and do more damage?

game really needed to have fast travel between safe houses, maps are way too big for those of us doing every sidequest :/

That would take a lot from the feeling of night time and the enemies if you could just fast travel. I see it taking a lot from the experience, new game+ option though I can kind of see it fitting with 2nd playthrough and some things get old.

You ARE the fast travel ;D.

I do kinda wish that, but traversing the world is so much fun I don't want anything taking that away. I enjoy finding a new shortcut or area to explore.

Drop kick upgrade in action.
x3Xu8PB.gif

Doing one of the sidequests "Gunslinger" I chose the quest, then show on map and it points to a location near the sea. The marker is pointed on some rocks but I can't find the pistol. Anyone have success with this, or is it some kind of glitch?

pa22word

Na; fast travel would break the flow of the game's internal clock, which is the best feature of the game by far.

I honestly don't know why people buy games like this and just use fast travel all the time. Doesn't it defeat the entire point of having such a dense world with great method of traversal if you could just fast forward through it?

Honestly I wish the devs hadn't pussed out and included the rest feature, even though I think they did a really damned good job of incentivize people to play at night. Playing coop and tossing flares and moletovs at night and hearing screams of pain, anguish, and rage is some of the best coop I've played in a long time.

Cels

Has there been any talk from the devs about a patch and when? Sorry, thread a bit big to wade through for it.

Hi guys,

We've been getting a MASSIVE amount of feedback from you all - good work everyone.

We've listened to the good (thanks!) and the bad (thank you as well - we need to hear those things). So, with your feedback, we will be issuing a Patch.

Here's what we will be fixing:

- CPU Optimization

- Save game issues

- and more.

We will keep you updated on the progress.

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/2655-a-patch-is-coming-your-way/

ViciousDS

Banned

amazingly though, its still the best performing techland game to be released.....been very, very happy with the performance compared to there first offerings.

This game is just amazing, co-op is just hhhnnnggg. The handled loot perfectly in this game, love it when everyone gets there own stuff and you don't have to worry about standing there thinking about whos going to grab what.

I drop kicked into a (shallow) lake and the water didn't stop my movement and I died from fall damage. I wonder if you can drop kick to the bottom of the ocean that way

nOoblet16

When do you get the grappling hook?
I am doing the bolter mission and I don't have it, yet I saw someone on youtube have it while playing the same mission.

pa22word

Hopefully they fix coop soon. Sadly by the time they do, I'll probably be done with it.

What's wrong with coop? Other than some audio dsyncs and some funky texture problems during cutscenes I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary in my coop sessions.

Not trying to be contrarian here or anything, but I genuinely want to know because I'm doing a coop run with a friend alongside my SP run and want to make sure we don't unintentionally run into any show stoppers during the course of play.

When do you get the grappling hook?
I am doing the bolter mission and I don't have it, yet I saw someone on youtube have it while playing the same mission.

Pretty sure the survival stat path gives it at level 12 doesn't it? I haven't unlocked it yet, but it's blipped out under the "expert" section.

I thought the same at first then realized that would defeat the purpose of getting good at parkour. My suggestion is crafting Speed Boost Herbs. It turns you into Sonic the Hedgehammer. Makes fast travel pretty fun actually.

pahamrick

Saw this on Techland forums. Is this seriously true? When you're sleeping they temporarily overwrite your save with a level 1 character with no items? Who in their right mind ever thought that was a good idea? I lost my progression because my game hard locked the PS4 right after sleeping.

Corpekata

Banned
I think they should maybe have a couple fast travel points. Some of the outlier areas of the slums are pretty sparse flat areas that aren't particularly interesting to traverse. Maybe have it be that each of the the "settlement" areas allow it rather than every safe house.

pa22word

Who in their right mind ever thought that was a good idea? .

Likely no one. They're called bugs for a reason :p

And again, autosave in games sucks - we need an option to trigger it anywhere and anytime.

So agreed. Autosaving fucks more than it helps in like 99% of situations. Though it's likely here in this game to prevent people fudging their progress, so I can cut them a little slack.

And again, autosave in games sucks - we need an option to trigger it anywhere and anytime.

Yesterday I ran all the way to the tower's "safe area", the save icon appeared then I turned it off. Loaded up the game today and I spawned from a safe house nowhere near the tower.

Another weird thing is my game playtime is stuck at 1hr39mins for some reason.

What's wrong with coop? Other than some audio dsyncs and some funky texture problems during cutscenes I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary in my coop sessions.

Not trying to be contrarian here or anything, but I genuinely want to know because I'm doing a coop run with a friend alongside my SP run and want to make sure we don't unintentionally run into any show stoppers during the course of play.

It doesn't work at all for a number of people. Crashes the game within 10 minutes.

http://community.us.playstation.com...ues-Getting-error-code-CE-34878/td-p/44925756

BeeDog

How do the guns work in this game? Finally found an Assault Rifle (still no pistols!); I checked its stats and it doesn't seem to degrade, correct? Do you simply use up the ammo in the weapon then discard/sell it, or can you actually find/buy ammo?

Anyone?

Top Bottom