• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Flunkie

Banned
Yeah I really love the interior gameplay but the frame drops are really weird... you'd think it'd be better performance inside.

Corpekata

Banned
They're also useful in Be the Zombie because the zombie levels up to have a spit that nukes your UV flashlight for a bit so you can switch to them.

tfur

The game is pretty awesome.

I am very happy that Twitch streams have legitimately weakened the relevance of game reviewers... for me personally, at the very least.

All done with the main story it had a few annoying parts but I enjoyed it.

What was annoying (not done so maybe can you answer conceptually without spoilers?)?

So far I'm really not having very many problems, but I'm really taking my time which is making it feel less grindy.

Rip

I really wish the rain in the game lasted longer, especially raining at night. Always seems to come and go so fast.

Akibared

What was annoying (not done so maybe can you answer conceptually without spoilers?)?

So far I'm really not having very many problems, but I'm really taking my time which is making it feel less grindy.

Just a few combat sections I don't particularly enjoy fighting the bigger infected.

This game is not bad with the rift, I honestly thought I was going to need a barf bucket. I just now wish it had independent head and depth tracking. Any night missions/dark areas though are scary as SHIT.

antitrop

There is some random jank in the game though, I tried standing when crouching under a crouching uh, space, and it stuck me under the world. I was able to get out by climbing up a wall. lol.

And something similar happened to me too, one of those exploding fuckers went off and sent me through the roof.

1212.jpg

This is exactly what happened to me, same exact area, too. I posted this yesterday:

I was crouch-walking through an air-duct and the collision glitched and I thought I was stuck in the geometry and I would have to reload, but I was able to weasel my way up through the geometry into the top of the level, where I could freely walk around on top of the entire indoor level, until I found a place it let me drop back down to the game and carry on normally.

I just started playing for a couple hours today and got to the quest where I had to get antizin from Gazis house. I feel really weak in this game and I feel like I'm not really getting everything. Any starting tips? Areas I should explore?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I just started playing for a couple hours today and got to the quest where I had to get antizin from Gazis house. I feel really weak in this game and I feel like I'm not really getting everything. Any starting tips? Areas I should explore?

Don't be afraid to use your strong weapons. I ended up selling all my colored weapons because I was saving them.

antitrop

Don't be afraid to use your strong weapons. I ended up selling all my colored weapons because I was saving them.

Ya, weapon hoarding is pointless. Everything in this game is meant to be disposable, except maybe the Night Hunter Potion or whatever it is that makes you basically invincible.

carlsojo

If you need weapons, go to the Airdrops when Rais's thugs are there. They can be hard, but they usually drop good stuff.

Gaz_RB

This game just keeps getting better and better. Half way through the game and the combat is just getting more tense and frantic. What a damn surprise coming from the developer of Dead Island. I was expecting a ridiculous amount of jank and I've found little to none. And the story actually isn't atrocious. I'm pretty addicted at this point.

antitrop

This game just keeps getting better and better. Half way through the game and the combat is just getting more tense and frantic. What a damn surprise coming from the developer of Dead Island. I was expecting a ridiculous amount of hank and I've found little to none. And the story actually isn't atrocious. I'm pretty addicted at this point.

Dying Light follows pretty much the same "fun curve" as Far Cry 4. Mediocre and tedious at the beginning, pretty damn awesome once you make your way near the end of the skill trees.

stix zadinia

Neo Member
Am I the only person that has a problem with playing with more than 1 person in coop? Everytime me and 2 of my buddies try to play, we'll start and then like 5 minutes in 2 of us will blue screen. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. Coop works just fine when its me and one other person, but add anymore and BLUE SCREEN. Anyone else?

Chabbles

Someone made a script on Reddit to hotkey the HUD. I'm not going to link it because I haven't downloaded it so can't vouch for it. Seemed ok from trhe comments though.

On console though... i was hoping for more options with the on screen hud since they had some in Dead Island, but nothing in Dying Light.

Woah, game got super buggy on the quest where the gas is turned off. After the explosion in the area with all the pipes I dropped to like 4 FPS and it stayed that way until the quest was completed and the last event happened. But the menu would load at the regular framerate and be fully functional during all this. At the point where you have to run away I tried running from there and I randomly fell through the world and died. lol

Despite being buggy... still having a great time. The side-quests are actually really good. Also the music in this game is amazing.

Danielsan

Got this for the PC today. Didn't think my old rig would be up to the task, but I can lock it at 30 and still have it look better than the console version.
Game is a ton of fun too. I'm quite surprised by how meaty it is too. Quests seem to pop-up constantly at the moment.

There is a blueprint called Cut N Go or something like that which makes the game even better. You just need to use it in a machete and you can cut zombies to little pieces :)

Is there any way to beat those zombies who come out at night, forgot the name but they have a hanging out jaw lol.

Edit: just looked it up, they're called volatile.

antitrop

Is there any way to beat those zombies who come out at night, forgot the name but they have a hanging out jaw lol.

Edit: just looked it up, they're called volatile.

Get a very, very strong weapon and shine it with the UV light while you slice it to death or whatever. Basically, avoid them in the early game.

They can still leap on to you if you're hitting them with the light, so you constantly have to be dodging left or right.

Anyone with the PS4/Xbox versions, can you comment on the FOV. Is it distractingly low? I want to play this on my PC but the two things my PC happens to feature are the worst optimized, AMD processor and crossfire graphic cards.

Top Bottom