• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Trying to decide if I should grab this for my One or Ps4...remember hearing it looked better on Ps4, so I guess I'll go with that.

I loved Dead Island, so I'm extremely excited to smack some zombies around.

psychotron

I'm having some trouble dealing with the huge zombies. On the mission where you have to turn on 3 gas valves. One area has a huge zombie in a fence and I can't seem to kill him. Heard people just killing them with molotovs etc. However I have hit him with molotovs, explosive tanks and molotovs, then went in with melee, couldn't bring him down.

Did you go across the street and follow the sewer? It leads right to him. You can run in, hit him and run back to the sewer for safety.

antitrop

I got my first sword today and it only does about 250 damage with mods, but it still slices regular zombies in half in one hit. Glorious.
Night is still very dangerous even when you're at max level with a weapon that kills Volatiles in 1 or 2 hits. If you try to stand and fight at night, they still pile up on you faster than you can swing your sword.

Even when I was at the max level and just running around cleaning up Trophies, I still had to rest in a bed to skip past nighttime.

psychotron

Trying to decide if I should grab this for my One or Ps4...remember hearing it looked better on Ps4, so I guess I'll go with that.

I loved Dead Island, so I'm extremely excited to smack some zombies around.

Looks and runs great on PS4. The ONLY issue I've seen is that some interior areas stutter. They're separate buildings that load when you enter them. The main tower doesn't have this issue curiously.

Looks and runs great on PS4. The ONLY issue I've seen is that some interior areas stutter. They're separate buildings that load when you enter them. The main tower doesn't have this issue curiously.

Thanks for the reply, Ps4 it is then. I've been putting this off because I'm still neck deep in DA:I, but I think I'm going to cave after work tonight...Blizzard watch for tomorrow night makes staying in and playing Dying Light sound excellent.

funkypie

Banned
Really enjoying this game. Game looks fantastic on ps4, this game would be much worse if it were cross gen. Best 20 dollars spent.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Capture All Safehouses - This glitched Trophy can be gotten by starting a New Game at the "Extraction" checkpoint, and then unlocking a few safehouses. Trophy popped for me after about 4 in a new game.
This trophy unlocked as normal for me on my first play-through, I guess I was lucky.

So about new game plus...

Do the weapons you find continue improving and offering more varieties? Or are you already seeing the best the game has to offer by the end of the first playthrough, meaning that you're just going to see the same stuff over and over for the entirety of new game plus?

I was hoping I'd see wrenches and more blunt weapons show up again in the beginning of new game plus, but scaled to match our higher level. However, the only high end weapons I've found are the same blade weapons we had at the end of the previous game.

bryanee

Climbing the bridge to get those lightbulbs
was terrifying. I just finished that quest last night and was getting real uncomfortable up at the top, rarely does my fear of heights translate to games but it definitely does with Dying Light, I think it's the way the character sways around in the wind when he's that high in the air.

I was saving that mission because it says you have to do it at night but I did it earlier in the day time just fine.

Denton

I finished it yesterday :(

Apart from the QTEsque ending, which was indeed a shame, I utterly loved it. Sure the writing could have been even better, but I love the fact that when Rais spouted all that cliched bullshit, Crane actually called him out on it...that was fucking awesome (and for a game, unexpected!). In fact, Crane is one of the better protagonists I have seen in games, and would not mind playing as him in a sequel. Thank Spaghetti Monster they did not go with a silent protagonist, pheeeew.

The gameplay was so well tuned and atmosphere so absorbing, I want expansion now!

Btw this mission had such a great atmosphere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKgdVUwM9b8

Really wish storms and rain happened more often in the game. Reminded me of STALKER in its awesomeness.

9/10

Anung

Un Rama
Did they not fix the trophy glitch in the patch? I've completed all side quests and all the safe houses and got nothing.

antitrop

This trophy unlocked as normal for me on my first play-through, I guess I was lucky.

Yes, it's a fairly uncommon glitch. It works as intended for way more people than it doesn't. Still, not a very difficult glitch to fix if it happens to you. The Trophy for Quarantine Zones was glitched for me in the opposite way, in that it unlocked before I even finished them all. Not that I'm complaining about that one.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm not having too much hassle with the challenges. The only one that I found infuriating was the headshot 30 zombies.

Hopefully that side quest trophy will unlock after that.

antitrop

I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumors that they cut a sidequest due to the situation in France, and as a result had to repress the discs without said quest for PAL regions? If that's true it might have been a simple matter of forgetting to remove the flag for the quest in the trophy code.

Yes, I believe it was known shortly after release (by someone looking through the PC code) that the side-quest tracker's denominator was 1 higher than it should have been. Then the recent news made sense of that.

I'm not having too much hassle with the challenges. The only one that I found infuriating was the headshot 30 zombies.

Probably one of the most frustrating things I've done in a video game in years, and I'm not even sure that the Challenges are absolutely required for the Trophy.

Hopefully that side quest trophy will unlock after that.

I have glitched Trophy tips in detail on the previous page.

Ruff

This game gives you a strange feeling in the balls when you have to climb tall stuff. I almost went castrato making leaps of faith on the tall construction tower

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This game gives you a strange feeling in the balls when you have to climb tall stuff. I almost went castrato making leaps of faith on the tall construction tower

I'm terrified of heights and this game actually makes me feel sick sometimes. Absolutely worth it though, I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I think the weapon damage increase every survivor level was a mistake. Maybe it should have been every 5 levels or so. I'm finding myself just dropping pretty much all my weapons and picking up new ones since they now do 90 damage instead of 70 or whatever.

It starts slowing down. Also when you start adding mods, they can power up the weaps a few hundred points beyond the default, so finding mods becomes more crucial. And good mods are much rarer. Weapons are all over the place, mods can be hard to find.

pa22word

I just discovered that this game force-mutes the PS4's USB music player.

I'm unhappy.

If I had made an OST as good as this game has I might do the same xD

But seriously, what a weird thing. I usually have a podcast running on my iphone while playing though, so eh.

Yes, I believe it was known shortly after release (by someone looking through the PC code) that the side-quest tracker's denominator was 1 higher than it should have been. Then the recent news made sense of that.

Ah, I see. Have we heard anything specific about the cut quest? Was it something meaningful or was it just a little oneoff quest somewhere down the line?
Probably one of the most frustrating things I've done in a video game in years, and I'm not even sure that the Challenges are absolutely required for the Trophy.

Huh, if you don't mind me asking why, but what makes that so difficult? Granted I'm playing with a mouse, but I haven't noticed anything difficult about nailing headshots thus far in the game at all. No weird recoil nor acceleration problems at all, shots just go where I tell them too.

Anung

Un Rama
I have glitched Trophy tips in detail on the previous page.

Ahh crap I missed that. I've just finished every sidequest, challenge, defense mission and now a few quarantines (97%) and it still hasn't popped.

I'll take your advice for the safe houses etc.

I just discovered that this game force-mutes the PS4's USB music player.

I'm unhappy.

It does the same thing on PC. It's annoying if I'm trying to watch a movie or show on the second monitor because I have to turn all the in game sounds down really low and then I have to raise my system volume a ton just to hear the second monitor. And then if you quit and you forgot you raised the volume so high to compensate it's like...

8LhyPbK.gif

It's super annoying.

Jrs3000

Oh man I get that exact feeling about heights too though I'm not scared to be high and do it anyway. My first climb of the tower and looking down with how they wobble the camera did it.

Anung

Un Rama
What is the best way to level agility? My survivor and power is near 15 or so, but agility is still lagging behind around 10 or 11.

Oh man I get that exact feeling about heights too though I'm not scared to be high and do it anyway. My first climb of the tower and looking down with how they wobble the camera did it.

It gives me this feeling in my lower back like my spine is screaming.

Anyone else notice the
Master Sword
during the Rupert (Gunsmith) side quest in oldtown?

One thing really annoyed me with this sidemission. It made it sound like you would be able to mod the weapons or atleast add a silencer to your weapon, but you get nothing for doing that full quest.

pa22word

One thing really annoyed me with this sidemission. It made it sound like you would be able to mod the weapons or atleast add a silencer to your weapon, but you get nothing for doing that full quest.

You do get a blueprint for offing the kid's "Troll", though.

The silencer thing was an obvious joke I thought by the devs. Chris Redfeild has all sorts of sarcastic shit to say during sidequests like that so I just laughed it off as another one of those.

One thing I hope Techland could patch in somehow is after completing the game is
airdrops. Crane could have easily blackmailed the Harran politics to supply airdrops again.
I really miss the dynamic it adds to the game.

I got creeped out when I ran into (late game spoilers)
the baby zombie, with that crying.
wasn't expecting any more zombie types.

Yeah, that was kind of surprising.
I had already seen non-infected kids in the game but I figured the devs would shy away from the idea of infected kids, since that would also mean we'd be able kill them.

They put thought into it, too. Instead of just making them normal (but smaller) shambling zombies, they had their own characteristic that fit a small child, like staying put and simply crying for help. They even have an exclusive way of "silencing" them, although you can also stay out of range of their scream and kill them with ranged weapons.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
1.4.0 Patch Notes
posted by Modlin_Techland @ 01:29PM on February 14, 2015
List of fixes in version 1.4.0:

Hardware, performance & stability issues
• Resolved various stability issues
• Numerous general performance optimizations
• Significantly reduced RAM memory usage

Gameplay issues
• Added option to disable film grain video effect.
• Fixed the issue with reaching Survivor Rank 25
• Optimized video memory management to eliminate “ResizeBuffers failed 0x887a0005” error message
• Fixed extremely long load times that some users were experiencing
• Resolved issues with unlocking certain achievements
• Fixed the issue with ammo disappearing from player’s inventory when attempting shooting challenges
• Resolved issues with Personal Statistics menu
• Fixed problems with using keys assigned to gameplay features during chat
• Fixed duplicating weapons exploit

Be-the-Zombie mode
• Fixed the ‘infinite spit’ exploit in Be-the-Zombie mode
• Fixed several issues with connecting to games when playing as the zombie
• Added additional tools for tracking network issues

Game data integrity (modding)
• Games can be modded
• Modded games will not work online with original unchanged versions
• Modded games will work with other identically modded games

Graphical Bugs
• Resolved extremely low resolution textures on certain objects regardless of texture quality settings

Linux specific improvements:
• Fixed motion blur switching via main menu
• Fixed messaging when playing cross-platform session

Known issues we are still working on:
• Screen flickering when using dual-GPU setups
• Radeon support on Linux platforms

pa22word

Can you do quarantine zones again?

Also is there a better way to get agility than running around at night getting chased?

Don't use the hookshot. You'll get like 10x the experience running around and climbing a single building that takes ~1sec to hookshot to the top of with one draw of the thing that gives you a single +10 exp boost.

I noticed this like a few hours of questing in oldtown because my weapon EXP suddenly started to massively overtake my agility bar once I got the hookshot. Like prior to getting it my agility exp was over 2 levels above my weapon exp bar, but by the time I had noticed something was wrong I had already jumped +2 levels on my weapon side o_O

I've since changed it up and started actually platforming more, and the disparity is massively shrinking again, lol. I mean sure it takes longer to get around, but I only had a few more levels to go before reaching max anyways so eh...

Don't use the hookshot. You'll get like 10x the experience running around and climbing a single building that takes ~1sec to hookshot to the top of with one draw of the thing that gives you a single +10 exp boost.
Thanks. Yeah I figured that out a while ago plus running, jumping and climbing is more fun. (That said I'm glad they put it in, as an option.)

Top Bottom