• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

The frame-rate on the PS3 version is...woof.
Game is fun but wow, joke's on me for thinking Koei stepped it up since DW7/WO3.

you're literally the only person I have seen this complaint from.. I guess when everyone's familiar with what the xbox360 versions horrible slowdown, they overlook what ever amount the PS3 version has.. Or you're actually playing on the xbox360 -__-

Got a review copy of 360 on the way but picked the PS3 version up. If their is no update for xbox, might just be doing my review off the PS3 with some xbox 360 for comparion video.

JJP12

Completing the tutorial under each kingdom for the bronze trophy Graduation Day is quite tedious. Ahh but such is the life of a trophy whore. The game is amazing and I'm having a blast so far! Many hours of my life shall be lost to this game.

Astarte

Instant I saw sterling post his review I ran out and bought it. I don't ever doubt his reviews, not since Deadly Premonition. That really is 10/10.

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
Man the last DW game I played seriously was 4 (if you don't count warriors orochi and orochi 2) and I gotta say I am liking the battle mechanics for this one.

GrayFoxPL

Is it still too easy on normal? I start all musou games on hard, because they make every sequel easier then the last but I wish I didn't have to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it still too easy on normal? I start all musou games on hard, because they make every sequel easier then the last but I wish I didn't have to.

The rumors about the arrows had me trying easy just to be safe.

....It's WAY too easy. I'd go for hard, especially now that all your guys level throughout the story to encourage you changing it up.

Also Li Dian soudns like Adachi.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Why are these games not on PC? I'm just lazy to setup my console for this. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

They usually release a "Special" version for PC with the main expansion and DLC about a year after release.

So maybe we'll get a PC version just over a year from now? And it'll most likely be Japan exclusive with a translation patch for menus.

Yawnier

Banned

....It's WAY too easy. I'd go for hard, especially now that all your guys level throughout the story to encourage you changing it up.

Wait, what? How didn't I know this? This is a very, very good thing.

ZhugeEX

Banned

Good luck on Hu Lao Gate...

Jinaar

They usually release a "Special" version for PC with the main expansion and DLC about a year after release.

So maybe we'll get a PC version just over a year from now? And it'll most likely be Japan exclusive with a translation patch for menus.

Wow go figure, I could have sworn I checked before and came up empty handed but there they are... DW7 on PC... youtube is showing Japanese text. Going to have to research this now. Thanks for letting me know!

B-Dex

Installing on my PS3 as I type. The woman at my local gamestop likes me so she gave me a pre-order code since it was the last copy of the game they had.

Yawnier

Banned
No, it was the first stage in Shu. The last dude you have to fight hit me with his musou/rage attack and my health just drained so damn fast as I got juggled to death.

That would have been "I don't believe in Magic" Zhang Jiao, I think.

Installing on my PS3 as I type. The woman at my local gamestop likes me so she gave me a pre-order code since it was the last copy of the game they had.

Holy shit, Joel.

I can't remember which game it was but I did end up killing Lu Bu the first time I fought him...I don't expect to be lucky the next time.

Anywho I want this game...though from the looks of it, some of the characters I'm interested in will take a while to unlock...such a drag.

yeah. downloading now.

can't wait for ps4 where i don't have to sit and wait lol.

right, it took a lot to get just 10gigs for Warrrors Orochi 3, turned out my PS3 had amassed a bunch of phantom space, had to back up and restore to get rid of it all..I pray this is not the case when you try to free up space..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Li Dian and Yue Jin are two of the best new characters. Though I wish that JP voice patch was up, Yue Jin's VA is awful.

wei stay weinning.

B-Dex

Started with Shu. (After cheesing tutorials for dat trophy) Only on the 2nd mission but having a blast.

FOrgive my ignorance does more compatibility stars mean eventually that character will be better with those types of weapons or is it something else?

Enjoy mang! One more hour and I'll be downloading too..

As far as Japanese VO is concerned, the word was that it was a day one download, I may hold off on it until I do ambition mode!

Well, it's not up according to the in game store option. Annnnd just searched and found nothing but the game itself and some avatars. :|

Jumping into Ambition mode, right now.

Installing right now! :D

Anyone know when the Japanese VO DLC drops?

We all assumed it'll be day one but I guess not. Hopefully when the first paid DLC gets released.

Started with Shu. (After cheesing tutorials for dat trophy) Only on the 2nd mission but having a blast.

FOrgive my ignorance does more compatibility stars mean eventually that character will be better with those types of weapons or is it something else?

Yes, at max stars (4) I believe you can use the compatibility's special feature like dash or shadow step. You also gain a bonus boost to the weapon's attack based off the character's compatibility.

There is more than slowdown to worry about with the 360 release. Nasty glitch with regard to Online Coop. When you join a game your save data is reset and then overwritten with your data from that play session. Just lost a bunch of progress thanks to this. Apparently this glitch was present in the Japanese Ps3 release but eventually patched out. Pretty inexcusable for it to be present in the 360 port.

I don't know if this happens every time, but I tested it twice and it happened both times. I should have known something was up when it reset my camera settings...

Well, it's not up according to the in game store option. Annnnd just searched and found nothing but the game itself and some avatars. :|

Jumping into Ambition mode, right now.

That kinda sucks for those that were going to jump into it with J-VO, I may get into Ambition mode once I unlock Zhou tai.

Top Bottom