• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

EYEL1NER

I think I am going to order a copy from Best Buy today. I keep forgetting that I have $25 in credit built up that I got for answering surveys and stuff. It will take a couple weeks to get here, but maybe by that point an Xbox patch will be out.

I suppose I could get it for PS3, but that would mean I would have to bring my PS3 back up here when I come back from vacation in two months. It would also mean I would have to wait two months to play it. But I prefer playing these games on a 360 controller and I don't think I'll mind the slowdown too much. People are saying that WO2 had it bad, but I never patched that game at all and had a blast playing it (I remember not patching it because it came out during a time when I went a year or so without hooking my 360 up to the internet in my dorm).

As much as I love these games though, I feel like I should wait a bit, if only because I am so wrapped up in 7's Conquest mode. I didn't play 7 much when it released and am going through it now and am loving it. But I suppose I will still buy it now so Koei can get my money. I couldn't really complain too vocally about stuff like Legends of Troy's 360 port getting cancelled here or 7's expansions being PS3-only here if I am buying the games used for $15 from a Gamefly sale a year from now (not that I have done that with any Musou title).

Kaizer

Banned
Picked my pre-order up from GameStop a few minutes ago and no, my code isn't working either. Guess we'll have to wait for PSN tonight to use them.

suko_32

LZWAm2U.jpg

My PS3 froze here and I had to power it down, but this has only happened once luckily.

Game is great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aerial Musous
SECOND musous

I think this is the first proper sequel to Dynasty Warriors 2. Also Xiahou Yuan continues to be underrated and awesome

FlipJonesy

Neo Member
Anyone know when the PSN version is going up? I just checked a few minutes ago and couldn't find it. Are all full games day 1 releases now? or will it go up with the weekly store update?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyone know when the PSN version is going up? I just checked a few minutes ago and couldn't find it. Are all full games day 1 releases now? or will it go up with the weekly store update?

It should go up with the weekly store update later today/tonight, which is typically anywhere between 5-8 PM EST.

I'm getting a kick out of that Xbox site reviewers awesome experience and rationalization of the events he experienced:

the only real issue I had was with one of the earliest bosses who just seemed to be massively over-powered and constantly hit you while you were down similar to how a sneaky Street Fighter player would do to you in an arcade, I put this down to a bug and will probably be fixed somewhere along the line.

He really should have been warned..

35qih1.jpg

especially not that early, unless one wants to die.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm thinking about picking this up. Last DW game I played before moving on to Gundam, FotNS, and One Piece was DW5.

I'm hearing a lot of great things about DW8.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm thinking about picking this up. Last DW game I played before moving on to Gundam, FotNS, and One Piece was DW5.

I'm hearing a lot of great things about DW8.

Its definitely looking like this is the best DW title of this generation judging by most of the impressions here.

Takuya

Banned
Just picked up my copy (and saved two people from buying the broken 360 version); can't wait to get home and play this.

I HAVE IT NOW!

I have another 4 hours plus before I can get home. :[

Oh, post up any reviews that pop up so I can toss it into the first post once I get home. :]

And haha, everyone's getting killed by Lu Bu.

Top Bottom