• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I can't seem to find this game for less than $50 anywhere. Should I just wait for XL at this point? Is it going to include all the content in DW8 along with new stuff?

I can't seem to find this game for less than $50 anywhere. Should I just wait for XL at this point? Is it going to include all the content in DW8 along with new stuff?

The PS3 version will not as it will just be the XL version, which includes only the new stuff and not the story mode.

The Vita and PS4 version will as it'll be called the Complete Version and have everything from both the original game and the expansion.

Shadow780

I have the PS4 Chinese version of DW8+XL, it does not include any DLCs unfortunately.

I think KOEI has figured out that how to milk money from their musou customers.

I have the PS4 Chinese version of DW8+XL, it does not include any DLCs unfortunately.

Speaking of which, is the DLC transferable between the PS3 and Vita versions?

I mean, there is some limit of how many times I'll buy the same DLC over again...

Shadow780

Speaking of which, is the DLC transferable between the PS3 and Vita versions?

I mean, there is some limit of how many times I'll buy the same DLC over again...

I think so between Vita and PS3, but not forward compatible. Conversely when I redeemed my PS4 bonus DLC code it gave me 3 different downloads for PS4 PS3 and Vita.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Koei recently patched the Vita version, but unfortunately all the horrible framerate problems are still present. :(

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
The PS3 version will not as it will just be the XL version, which includes only the new stuff and not the story mode.

The Vita and PS4 version will as it'll be called the Complete Version and have everything from both the original game and the expansion.

Thanks, guess I'll keep hunting for a decent deal on it. Anyone know where I can get it for $35 or so? I should have bought it on BF for $25.

Sora_N

Wow Wu story mode, Fan Castle stage is pretty tough. I failed twice already (first time Lu Meng and Lu Xun died, second time the castle flooded and Cao Ren died I guess).

Tabby

Some of the new XL tracks sound pretty good.

Anyone else think it's worth double dipping (for the ps4 version)?

Holy I didn't even know there was a DW8 OT.

I want to say yes.
It comes with improvements not found on the PS3 like better graphics and more soldiers on the screen, and it comes with XL.

Sora_N

I'm so annoyed they took down the exclusive costumes DLC off PSN...I didnt even know they released it and now I can never get it.

Sora_N

Tecmo-Koei is my favourite company now.

I tweeted both NA/EU twitters about the Exclusive Costume DLC.

Magically they are available on PSN now again! (They didn't respond to my tweet)

ok guys, finally getting my musou fix after 2 years of dw7. what would you guys reccomend are essential DLCs, or is it all superficial quick cash grabs that won't be missed?

Uthred

Tecmo-Koei is my favourite company now.

I tweeted both NA/EU twitters about the Exclusive Costume DLC.

Magically they are available on PSN now again! (They didn't respond to my tweet)

Only on the EU PSN apparently, cant find them on the US one

Red Mage

So, when should we start hearing about Empires 8? I really want to play another Empires game with the 8 engine. (And please don't tell me I'm the only one who makes FF Character CAWs.. -_-;)

i was confused with the whole getting allies part, but as i played more and more i understood that even though i was no getting allies cause i hit the limit, they would pop again eventually.

the only sad thing about it is that since i almost maxing out the number of allies, the inmap generals are starting to be replaced by random no name mobs.

shaowebb

it's spring already, where's mah DW8XL for the PS4! :D

just finished Warriors Orochi 3 yesterday so i'm totally ready for a new one.

Spring? Im iced in from Winter Storm Titan!
Yeah I feel ya though...I really want me some more DW. I keep hoping we'll get at Warriors Orochi 4 announcement later this year.

oh yeah meant to ask, in story mode can i choose a character freely?

I've been playing DW Next on the Vita lately and it's super frustrating as it often just forces me to play with a shitty character that has the rubbish starting weapon and weak attacks.

Those missions are better where i can choose between warriors of the same faction and use the ones i like best. (Guan Yu and Ding Feng for teh win)

Or the Warriors Orochi style where i can use whatever 3 characters i like / need to level up.

I've been playing DW Next on the Vita lately and it's super frustrating as it often just forces me to play with a shitty character that has the rubbish starting weapon and weak attacks.

Those missions are better where i can choose between warriors of the same faction and use the ones i like best. (Guan Yu and Ding Feng for teh win)

Or the Warriors Orochi style where i can use whatever 3 characters i like / need to level up.

A Conquest mode that actually lets you pick the difficulty yourself would fix that issue. That's what I'm hoping for.

In Story Mode, you get a choice of characters to use in each stage. Some characters get shoved down your throat while others get hilariously shafted in availability.

The leveling system is back to WO3's.

Returners

A patch for DW8 just hit. Anyone know what it does?

I loaded it up to see if there was cross save, but can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: Found it. On the save screen, press Square.

hamchan

Bah, I feel I haven't played my PS3 copy enough to justify rebuying it again for PS4 and I feel that the $40 release price of these Xtreme Legends expansions is always too expensive.

so lay-zee dakku

too drained from Dangan OT to want to do a full OT

not to mention there wasn't much to add anyway

It's been almost a year and I even haven't touch the original yet.
Is the trophy separate?

The XL and CE sets have the same trophy sets I believe.

Bah, I feel I haven't played my PS3 copy enough to justify rebuying it again for PS4 and I feel that the $40 release price of these Xtreme Legends expansions is always too expensive.

Well the CE (PS4/PSV) contains the original DW8 and the XL expansion pack so you could always look into getting that since you get more or whatever.

I mean, is it same as the original DW or just the CE sets? If it same, I'll probably picked XL and continued that instead
(I want to skip but Lu Linqi :( )

The original game, DW8, has its own trophy set.

The expansion, DW8XL and the next gen set, DW8CE have the same but separate from the original game trophy set.

So if you want the DW8 trophies, you'll have to play DW8 without any of the new enhancements or characters.

These games just sneak up on you. just bought Dark Souls 2, plan on getting MGS:GZ, Final Fantasy 13: LR, Infamous: SS and I need to get DW8.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Glad I waited on DW8. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a bit more for this one, since I just bought inFamous and I'm strapped for games cash. I've got mine eyes on this and the new Wolfenstein as my next purchases.

Shengar

The original game, DW8, has its own trophy set.

The expansion, DW8XL and the next gen set, DW8CE have the same but separate from the original game trophy set.

So if you want the DW8 trophies, you'll have to play DW8 without any of the new enhancements or characters.

Damn, maybe I skipped this one after all. DW trophy usually very grindy at that.

Dragun619

Whoa, Had no idea this was coming out on Tuesday. And there's a retail version for the Vita?

Damn, probably gonna grab this then and play it after FFX HD. but man, My Vita is alive again, haha.

Returners

MY VITA AND PS4 IS READY.

I'll mostly play on the Vita though, my PS4 is stuffed with Ground Zeroes and Infamous.

How is trophies handled across the games? Unlock on Vita = unlock on PS4 = unlock on PS3?

Top Bottom