• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

Tohsaka

Ah, yes. I knew I was missing something when I mentioned that it's been disappointing me.

No language switch option on the disc, and Tecmo Koei is skirting around giving a date.

That's really dumb, the BD is nowhere close to full. Maybe they want feature parity with the Vita version or something, but they should've had the DLC out on day one if so.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So any impressions from those who bought the Vita version? Would like to know if it ended up being improved in any way over the Japanese version.

There were some comments on GameFAQs about the Japanese version being 1.01 compared to the Asia version's 1.0 and the feature being new: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/730572-dynasty-warriors-8-xtreme-legends-complete-edition/68618019

It could've just been pressed onto their disc. Sadly we didn't get it :(

Can't see them not patching this into the English release. That would just be bizarre.

I would love to play the other titles you've mentioned on the Vita... but no localisation :/

My Kanji knowledge is pretty bad, but I speak enough Japanese to get by. But really, it's not that hard to play these games whether you know the language or not, especially with FAQs and guides all over the place. I kind of gave up on buying these games in English since it takes them too long to localize them...if it all. Out of all those musou Vita games, only two of them -both DW games- got translated. -_-

so in terms of technical quality, DW:Next > DW8CE Vita?

Yup, no question about it. Better looking character models and higher resolution, too, although the backgrounds are smaller in scale in Next. Plus Next has all that touch screen/panel garbage. :/

Ryuukan

Sick vita port T-K, totes:

n28DiZ0.jpg

ZhugeEX

Banned

n28DiZ0.jpg

To be fair to KOEI, their Vita support has been great and they have some of the best looking and running games on Vita atm.

I'm surprised they even released this on Vita over here.
Although I'll most likely get the PS4 version when I can afford one.

That's really dumb, the BD is nowhere close to full. Maybe they want feature parity with the Vita version or something, but they should've had the DLC out on day one if so.
Extremely so. I don't even know how the DW8, or even the new XL DLC, works. I have a few pieces of DLC from DW8 that don't show up anywhere even after importing my save, and I got the Mandarin Gowns as a Gamestop pre-order bonus that don't seem to show up anywhere in-game. And yes, I did get to download those. :p

Can't see them not patching this into the English release. That would just be bizarre.
I hope so. It looks like a mess to me, and it's a bit hard to see anything. :(

n28DiZ0.jpg
Now THAT'S quality!

ZhugeEX

Banned
Lu Su? Hahahaha, fucking Lu Su? This series is getting to the pint of being a parody of itself.

I know what you mean, but Lu Su is an awesome character from the novel so it's obvious why he'd be in the game.

But they really need to slow down on the additional characters being added every game.

I know what you mean, but Lu Su is an awesome character from the novel so it's obvious why he'd be in the game.

But they really need to slow down on the additional characters being added every game.

Lu Su is a great character, but man, I never would imagine him as a fighter. Then again, everything is out the window the minute Kongming was in a fighting game. I wonder if Guo Jia is in the game. Cause at this point, he might as well. I bet they'll add Guo Jia next game if he's not in DW yet.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lu Su is a great character, but man, I never would imagine him as a fighter. Then again, everything is out the window the minute Kongming was in a fighting game. I wonder if Guo Jia is in the game. Cause at this point, he might as well. I bet they'll add Guo Jia next game if he's not in DW yet.

Guo Jia's been in DW since 7XL, which was quite a while ago. You'd know that if you came into Warriors threads for any reason other than to shit on the series. I miss ROTK too man, but come on.

You are one expansion set behind.

---------------------------------------------------------

Picked up the PS3 and Vita version today from Gamestop.

The new PS3 cases made me think the guy was grabbing the PS4 version for me when I saw it, lol.

Though nice to see a color manual in the PS3 game.

I've always wanted to play some DW but never really got the chance. I watched someone play this over PS4 sharing this morning, it looks fun but definitely has a hey-we-did-a-quicky-port-from-PS3 vibe to it. Color me interested, but not for $60. Hopefully I can land this at a discount or sale sometime soon.

This is how I feel about it too. Actually, it is exactly how I felt about the port of DW to the 360 near its first year after launch. I'll wait to get it cheap.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So does anyone know how it works if you have digital DW8 on PS3 and get the digital XL? XL being 22GB really puts me off, since DW8 is already like 18GB by itself, and I'm sure a lot of that 22GB of XL is redundant data (all the old character models/voices, stages, etc).

Guymelef

The US version of DW8XL on PS4 does NOT currently have the option to turn off DOF. It was apparently added in a 1.01 patch for Japan. I'm hoping we'll get it soon.

Other than the DOF, it's the same fun as DW8. It plays very smooth! The frame rate was very consistent when I played for about 45 minutes this morning in the Jin campaign.

Why they release the game unpatched, this sucks.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so hows the enemy popin in split screen compared to ps3 ?

So it looks like the DLC for the original game doesn't work for the Vita version. :|

It's going to be jarring when I go between the PS3 version and the Vita version and I don't have my costumes.

Yawnier

Banned
Lu Su? Hahahaha, fucking Lu Su? This series is getting to the pint of being a parody of itself.

Don't worry, they will surely add some more mid to late era Wu characters besides Ding Feng and Lu Xun sometime in the next decade.

old man yells at clouds.jpg

Doesn't it cost them a fair chunk of money to patch games? I don't see why the option would not be there already and it makes me think we just won't get it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, so I found this:

By importing data from "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8" for the PlayStation®3 system into "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends" for the PlayStation®3 system, you can play the stages from "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8" within Story Mode and Free Mode, allowing you to access "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8" content along with all of the new features found in "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends" as well.

Importing data from the disc-based version of "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8"
You can import data once the "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8" disc has been verified. The disc verification can only be performed while you are signed in to PlayStation®Network and is only valid for a number of days before it must be recertified.

Importing data from the downloadable version of "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8"
When the downloadable version of "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8" is installed on the HDD of your PlayStation®3 system, it will be verified automatically and you will be able to import the data.

*The method within the game for importing data into "DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends" is the same for both the disc-based and downloadable versions.

So if it automatically verifies the digital DW8, and you can't sell digital games, does that mean that it only has to verify the digital version once, then you can delete it? With XL being bigger than 8, I'd assume it already has the entirety of 8 in it.

B-Dex

Having played vanilla dw8 on ps3, the character models seem much improved and the resolution bump is great. I don't mind the dof myself. (PS4)

Returners

Alright so cross-save trophy syncing.

So far I've only got 1 that's easy to check, leveling up the XL characters to 50 for their skills.

They work but you must open the Skill tab in Ambition mode for it to trigger, both on the PS4 and the Vita. The Vita trophy description state this, but you have to do the same thing on PS4.

EDIT: Challenge modes don't sync, Vita has a different ranking number than PS4.

kollapse

Neo Member
Almost picked this up for PS4, but backed out at the last second. These new $70 Canadian prices are painful (yes, exchange rate has changed, but my garbage young lawyer salary has not).

I'm worried about availability though. For whatever reason, it seems like there aren't many copies floating around for PS4. Is a price drop actually likely? I'm used to buying Musou games upon their release so I haven't followed post-release price and availability.

Returners

Almost picked this up for PS4, but backed out at the last second. These new $70 Canadian prices are painful (yes, exchange rate has changed, but my garbage young lawyer salary has not).

I'm worried about availability though. For whatever reason, it seems like there aren't many copies floating around for PS4. Is a price drop actually likely? I'm used to buying Musou games upon their release so I haven't followed post-release price and availability.

VideoGamesPlus if you're in the GTA area. It's 59.99 there.

Dead

well not really...yet
Died in a battle, and the game didn't save and lost all my progress

Havent played DW in like 10 years. Is this normal? If so, trading this in asap

Garland7G

When I went to pick mine up at Gamestop today, it seemed like if you didn't pre-order, you may be out of luck. So I suspect there aren't many copies out there either..

There's no such thing as a rare Dynasty Warriors game so you'll be fine.

Have not played 8 but I think thats how it usually works, you don't keep progress gained in the battle you just lost. Anything from before you started it should be there though. Usually is not an issue unless you were like... sitting there for 5 hours grinding one level without saving which I dont even think you can do.

Arken2121

Quick question guys, having an issue here. Downloaded the game, started it up but apparently I can't play since it's telling me the download is not complete on the bottom.

Shengar

Until Sima Fu, Liao Hua and Hao Zhao make it to the game, there is no stopping.

sensui-tomo

its the same for any dmc/bayonetta game/ any rpg if you die you dont keep your progress, unless you mean you have no files whatsoever ... which might be odd, but if you level up in a stage and dont clear it, you get zip zelch,natta, nothing. you gotta clear that level to keep those stats.

Sophia

Quick question guys, having an issue here. Downloaded the game, started it up but apparently I can't play since it's telling me the download is not complete on the bottom.

Yeah. I'm confused here. It did the initial 4GB download which has the tutorial, but it doesn't appear to be downloading anything else...

EDIT: Oh nevermind. Checking the information on the game shows it's still downloading. Weird.

Arken2121

Yeah. I'm confused here. It did the initial 4GB download which has the tutorial, but it doesn't appear to be downloading anything else...

EDIT: Oh nevermind. Checking the information on the game shows it's still downloading. Weird.

Where do you see that? I must have missed something.

zulux21

i did a quick read through of the last few pages but didn't see anything....

anyone here try out the vita ad hoc?
I'm curious how it performs (and if it allows you to do everything co op like you would be able to do split screen in the ps3/ps4 verisons) as this seems like a great game to buy digitally, download on both mine and my wifes vita and play together while watching some tv (like buffy the vampire slayer lulz)

Top Bottom