• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

How do you break guarding? I feel like the game is harder cuz I don't know how to break guarding, so I have to move to the back and attack.

Some character EX attacks breaks guard too.

Most switch attacks as well.

The first charge usually does it. Deng Ai's lance also naturally breaks guard with its normal string. Attacks that grab also breaks guard.

Just note that if you are at a weapon disadvantage, than most of the time you'll probably never break their guard.

Some character EX attacks breaks guard too.

Most switch attacks as well.

The first charge usually does it. Deng Ai's lance also naturally breaks guard with its normal string. Attacks that grab also breaks guard.

Just note that if you are at a weapon disadvantage, than most of the time you'll probably never break their guard.

Well I'm playing the Lu Bu campaign, and I have Chain Whip offhand for healing...

Playing with Xiahou Ba and his siege lance for the first time...

tumblr_lyqt5cAy851qh9y1k.gif

While not my favorite weapon, it definitely has this fresh novelty to it.

Tsundere

Banned
I'm stuck at 809/816 officers in ambition, and I can't seem to get any of them to pop into the battles anymore... Anyone know how to get the rest?

I'm stuck at 809/816 officers in ambition, and I can't seem to get any of them to pop into the battles anymore... Anyone know how to get the rest?

Try using the barracks.

I had that problem too but realized each time you send out soldiers in the barracks, you get a new officer from there.

Reknoc

patch the game first. what in the fuck? people tweet temco all the time to update the US version. quit pulling the cart before the horse, youre burning goodwill with new fans.

its probably a lot easier to get the game on steam than it is to get a patch through! lol

codhand

its probably a lot easier to get the game on steam than it is to get a patch through! lol

i agree, youre probably right, but you know what else is easy? responding to fans on twitter. seriously, you cant ignore a problem and then act like a baron of social media when polling for a new version, fix the existing version first, seems like the right thing to do.

i agree, youre probably right, but you know what else is easy? responding to fans on twitter. seriously, you cant ignore a problem and then act like a baron of social media when polling for a new version, fix the existing version first, seems like the right thing to do.
Seems like they are working towards fixing problems: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/1...-legends-problems-prompt-response-tecmo-koei/

On a similar note, is there anywhere with a list of patch notes for the Japanese updates? Koei Wikia has them for other Musou games, but noting on this one. I know that DoF is togglable with the latest update, but IDK much else they changed / fixed.

shaowebb

YES. Oh lord yes. Dynasty Warriors on PC. Here's hoping the Orochi series and Samurai Warriors comes over as well. Cannot wait to see the inevitable costume mods.

Looks like I'm double-dipping for the PC version. Shame that cross-save with the Sony systems/PC is highly unlikely. But then again, so was getting DW8XL for PC in English on Steam, so... fingers crossed?

Looks like I'm double-dipping for the PC version. Shame that cross-save with the Sony systems/PC is highly unlikely. But then again, so was getting DW8XL for PC in English on Steam, so... fingers crossed?

I said similar in the other thread. I will likely get this just to support more PC Musou games, especially in English. I'll also toy with the dlc included. Now, if there was some way to transfer my ps4 save, then I'd fully switch over.

I said similar in the other thread. I will likely get this just to support more PC Musou games, especially in English. I'll also toy with the dlc included. Now, if there was some way to transfer my ps4 save, then I'd fully switch over.

I'm just assuming it won't, but no biggie...I'll just play through it all again, especially if it looks as good as it should on my rig.

Now that i think about it, there will probably be some mods to bypass most of the grinding. Infinite gems / mats / gold could easily cut out a majority of the grind. Then it would solely be weapon element hunting and ambition mode ally recruiting.

I hope we get some fun mods. Did any previous pc ports get cool mods? I only ever played DW4H and MOZ.

Now that i think about it, there will probably be some mods to bypass most of the grinding. Infinite gems / mats / gold could easily cut out a majority of the grind. Then it would solely be weapon element hunting and ambition mode ally recruiting.

I hope we get some fun mods. Did any previous pc ports get cool mods? I only ever played DW4H and MOZ.
Only thing mod wise that I can think of for previous titles are chats like infinite [item]/weapon modifications, and switching up movesets.

Think I hit a bug on the battle of chibi free mode. I need to manually fire a catapult while the engineers just sit there. i dont recall doing that before. firing manually, i cant seem to get it to hit anything.

edit: its because I had 2 players, both needed to be on the burning ship to advance.

HiiiLife

Dynasty Warriors is such a guilty pleasure. I just can't decide if I want to shell out 60 for this, or put it towards indie games on PSN.

Einhandr

Sorry is this was answered in the thread already, but I had a question regarding co-op before a friend and I take the dive and buy this:

If I'm hosting and invite my friend to my game to play a mission, does the progress for completing the mission count for both of us? Or is it like some games where only the host receives credit for completion?

codhand

I hope the Steam release doesn't mean they are just gonna leave the PS4 version unpatched...

This is why Temco polling on Twitter for a Steam version rubbed me the wrong way.

I have Steam, I have 60 bucks, but why would I double dip, if they're gonna call it a day on the PS4 version?

Uthred

i fail to see how these things are in any way related

I was wondering that as well, seems like a weird alarmist assumption to make

This is why Temco polling on Twitter for a Steam version rubbed me the wrong way.

I have Steam, I have 60 bucks, but why would I double dip, if they're gonna call it a day on the PS4 version?

Theyre also looking for feedback from fans on problems with the PS4 version, I mean unless theyve decided to "call it a day on the PS4 version" in the last few days this - https://www.facebook.com/koeigames/posts/10152328270441163 would sugges that theyre actively interesting in addressing the problems

I was wondering that as well, seems like a weird alarmist assumption to make
There's no assumption, I haven't made any claims. I'm simply saying I hope they haven't moved on. Its not like they have the best track record of release parity across regions, aside from paid DLC of course. There's been how many patches for Japan? How many for US? Any word on a patch at all? Nope, but they are thrilled to announce a new platform release of course.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
>__< DLC for PS4 and Vita are out on EU PSN but they are base themes and bgms -___-;

Even the DLC for the Japanese version isn't that much farther along. Just some classic outfits recently added. None of the cool extra-weird costumes have been put up.

I want my already released costumes and weapons.

My Vita version looks so bland I don't even want to play it.

-------------------------------------

Forgot I wanted to post this.

I finished the New Ambition Mode. It wasn't bad. Pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. It's pretty easy since you can max out the subjugation rating in two battles and that's only about 20 or so battles. And there's no real grindy trophies associated with it so a lot better than the bonds grinding in the original Ambition mode.

HiiiLife

I haven't picked this up yet but is online co-op restricted to free roam only or can you play online during story mode? PS4 version.

I'm back from the grind.

So, have we started a movement to add steam tags for dw 8 so we could all pair up for just grinding like mad?

i shall, of course, be there with ZHOU tai, Xiahou dun, and my assortment of dw waifus

The Stone Pillar is pretty interesting. I like the different things it can drag out.

The Mandarin Duck Hooks was a lot different than I expected it to be. I was expect it to be more acrobatic though the gimmick is pretty interesting.

The Dragon Bench is amusing. It's gimmick is pretty cool since it's pretty defensive though does seem kinda limited.

All of these new DLC weapons are pretty awesome though.

Top Bottom