• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

joecanada

This is my first ever dynasty warriors game and after playing Lu bu for a while i have discovered the awesomeness that is Zhao tai.Bunny hopping around with him is really fun.
I sort of got into the second part of Ambition mode without really thinking about it, and now i am in sort of a pickle. I am liking how it changed but i want the character for the acadamy back. Does starting over take particularly long or should i just continue the mode?

Zhao Tai was always good, try Ling tong as well... This is the only game that makes me want a turbo controller again, dat button mash!! 1000 kills is the baseline lol.

I heard some people complaining of bad online connection, any updates or is this not issue

HiiiLife

So I haven't played this since part 3 and my main dislikes are, you can't seem to clear out the entire map, some of the changes to my beloved characters are wtf, music isn't as epic as it was in 3 and why the heck are officers shrugging off my attacks?! They're like bullet sponges. Other than that, its dynasty warriors.

So I haven't played this since part 3 and my main dislikes are, you can't seem to clear out the entire map, some of the changes to my beloved characters are wtf, music isn't as epic as it was in 3 and why the heck are officers shrugging off my attacks?! They're like bullet sponges. Other than that, its dynasty warriors.

If officers are literally shrugging of your attacks, it probably means they are Guarding. I've noticed that officers Guard a lot more in 8 than they did in 6. Most characters have at least 1 strong attack that will break guard, most switch attacks break guard , grabs break guard, all musous that I've seen break guard as do some Ex attacks. You can also break guard by getting behind them, since you can't guard from the back. Oh and you basically can't break guard if you've got a weapon disadvantage.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Will this game get cheaper please? I want to buy a new game that'll last me a while (sorry inFamous), but I'm strapped for cash. Just bought concert tickets...

Yawnier

Banned
Will this game get cheaper please? I want to buy a new game that'll last me a while (sorry inFamous), but I'm strapped for cash. Just bought concert tickets...

I find DW games to drop in price pretty slow, it's why if I buy a musou game nowadays I'll just get it at launch day, or have to wait like 6 months.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Had trade-in credit and nothing else to buy, so I decided to get DW8XL on both PS4 and Vita. Now to see about getting rid of the Japanese versions.

This isn't something I'd normally do, but decided to go ahead and get the U.S. versions since I still had my DW8 save, which I remembered to upload to the cloud before selling off. Nice to not have to replay that 30+ hours I put into it. Now I get to wait for that field of view option patch with the rest of you guys!

TheWriter

I feel really dirty by saying this but seriously, they need to bring the DLC costumes for the PS4 over quickly. Most of them look so good. I ain't buying any BGM unless it includes DW7 Jin Battle Finale.

Eusis

Rented it from GameFly, first Musou game I played more than just a demo of. I'm surprised I'm enjoying it as much as I have! Definitely plan to check out Zelda when it hits.

Codiox

I just tried it this weekend for the first time with a friend of mine. We had two disconnects in about 3 hours.

Okay, this seems ok i guess. Just played coop on ps4 the first time with a friend for 1 hour and got no disconnect.

I hope this game will be stable because in coop its really great. When i search for a onlinegame to join there isnt any of it, thats weird though.

I'm really enjoying this game, there's just something about it that is perfect to unwind with after work. I chose beginner for the Tutorials, easy for Wei and Normal for Wu and Shu and each has forced me to switch up my moveset without feeling swamped. I'm loving it.

Played Zhang Jiao today and he's a blast! Thousands of fools K.O.'d before me. It helped that i was familiar with the map and had a lucky sequence of catching events before they turned bad but it was so awesome. Haters be damned, this is fun.

Okay, this seems ok i guess. Just played coop on ps4 the first time with a friend for 1 hour and got no disconnect.

I hope this game will be stable because in coop its really great. When i search for a onlinegame to join there isnt any of it, thats weird though.

I haven't tried searching for online games but, the coop I've done with my friend has been fun.

Recall

I have the PS3 disc version of Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends. In the options is an install option, how much space is needed? The game doesn't indicate how much space this install option will take up.

Eusis

I have the PS3 disc version of Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends. In the options is an install option, how much space is needed? The game doesn't indicate how much space this install option will take up.
Well, the PS4 game's about 20 GB, but that may have higher quality assets and I don't know if installs that size are normally allowed, MGS4 may well have been a sole exception and that was probably just a mercy allowed due to the fact it'd re-install periodically.

So... I'd go and expect between 2 to 4 GB, similar to Deception IV. Granted that's a Tecmo game while this is Koei, but if the Gust purchase and transition to the Musou engine's any indication the lines blur a hell of a lot more there than they did with the initial Square Enix years.

Recall

Did some hunting to my own question. Ok, the PS3 disc version takes up 22GB on the Blu-Ray disc, install option installs 10GB.

The Dynasty Warriors games have always had huge sizes on PS3. I normally download them from PSN but I've ran out of space so had to get the disc version for Xtreme Legends.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
We just got the PS4 version (retail disc) and are having a problem: there's no sound in-game at all.

Sound appears to be working normally on the PS4 and in other games. Just this game has no sound once the disc boots. Already restarted the system, etc. Anyone else have this happen?

Eusis

We just got the PS4 version (retail disc) and are having a problem: there's no sound in-game at all.

Sound appears to be working normally on the PS4 and in other games. Just this game has no sound once the disc boots. Already restarted the system, etc. Anyone else have this happen?
Odd, not me. Try deleting the install then re-installing?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
We just figured it out: the game isn't playing well with the switch user function after the new firmware update. Having more than one user logged in causes the sound to cut out if somebody touches controller 2 while on the PS4 dash and switches to their homescreen.

Recall

We just figured it out: the game isn't playing well with the switch user function after the new firmware update. Having more than one user logged in causes the sound to cut out if somebody touches controller 2 while on the PS4 dash and switches to their homescreen.

People should make notes of these fixes.

The End

Has any progress been made on online play for PS4?

I've been jonesing bad for some ancient chinese buttrock and I may pick this up on the way home today if none of you talk me out of it or tell me when Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is coming out.

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
So with the Import feature for Xtreme Legends, is it a one time deal with if you have a DW8 disc you can play the previous stories or would you constantly need the disc in order to play them? and I thought you only needed save data from 8 in order to have access to the stuff from 8?

So with the Import feature for Xtreme Legends, is it a one time deal with if you have a DW8 disc you can play the previous stories or would you constantly need the disc in order to play them? and I thought you only needed save data from 8 in order to have access to the stuff from 8?

If you are signed in PSN at the time of Import, it lasts about 3-4 or something days.

If you are not, you have to do it every time.

Importing lets you play the old stages from DW8 and you need to use the import feature to get everyone's fifth weapons.

-----------------------------------------------

Getting everyone's 6th weapon is becoming a rage inducing chore of itself especially with how bloody useless the AI is. Half the time I fail at it cause the AI loves killing themselves before hand.

And I'm not going to start on the whole ranking system too for the Free Mode.

Metaledgeking

Neo Member
If you are signed in PSN at the time of Import, it lasts about 3-4 or something days.

If you are not, you have to do it every time.

Importing lets you play the old stages from DW8 and you need to use the import feature to get everyone's fifth weapons.

-----------------------------------------------

Getting everyone's 6th weapon is becoming a rage inducing chore of itself especially with how bloody useless the AI is. Half the time I fail at it cause the AI loves killing themselves before hand.

And I'm not going to start on the whole ranking system too for the Free Mode.
Damnit, wish I was aware of that before getting rid of DW8, ah oh well guess I will start pulling my hair out getting the 6th weapons, are they as useless as the 5th ones were? because it made no sense to use them since you couldn't fuse them.

Damnit, wish I was aware of that before getting rid of DW8, ah oh well guess I will start pulling my hair out getting the 6th weapons, are they as useless as the 5th ones were? because it made no sense to use them since you couldn't fuse them.

As of now, they are less customizable since they come with preset skills. Some of them are decent but there is also the whole dumb thing of having all of them Heaven again.

But!

The new patch that was just released in Japan lets you to actually customize the starred weapons so they could become useful far far into the future.

Kysen

Sucks that they buried the actual zone take over mode(制圧戦) until you've rebuilt the whole town. So much more fun than chain running laughably easy maps till you get one shot. It was also the mode I was expecting by default as its like that in every other DW game (gundam for example).

Also the game difficulty is a mess there is no middle ground at all, you either steamroll enemy generals or get caught in 1 combo/musou and die instantly. Its gotten so bad that I have resorted to R1 spamming with the guy who uses a huge fan. Complete invincibility while attacking except for enemy musou attacks which I counter with my own. R1 + O for a sizable heal.

Yuuichi

Probably not the best place to ask this, but does anyone know yet if the PC version is still going to have splitscreen? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Creaking

1614466_630223663729878_4211427506501548750_o.jpg

Even in ancient China, they say it wrong. "Couldn't care less." Couldn't dagnabbit! That private is going on my list of people who can't use phrases correctly and also tend to jerk off the air.

sensui-tomo

XLCE PS4 doesn't include any of the DW8 DLC, does it?

nope, now if you bought any dlc for the ps3 version you can redownload it for the ps4/vita version (only time koei included the dlc was dw7 empires iirc and that was for dw3-6 outfits and some weapon dlc(the ones that added the weapons) unique costumes and weapon skins had to still be bought)

Invictus

Banned
I'm getting an error every time I play. It says it can't upload the save to the cloud because it is try to upload it from a different ps4. Anyone encounter this before?

nope, now if you bought any dlc for the ps3 version you can redownload it for the ps4/vita version (only time koei included the dlc was dw7 empires iirc and that was for dw3-6 outfits and some weapon dlc(the ones that added the weapons) unique costumes and weapon skins had to still be bought)

Does that cross buy work yet?

I know when the base set DLC came out, they were still asking me to rebuy them even though I bought them the first time. :|

sensui-tomo

Does that cross buy work yet?

I know when the base set DLC came out, they were still asking me to rebuy them even though I bought them the first time. :|
well the costume dlc has worked so far for me so i didnt have to buy that ( i havent bought anything yet since i sold the ps3 version to get the ps4 complete(i'd get a vita edition but i'll wait for patches to fix that up... or WO3U is the next purchase for a koei vita product) hopefully they add those dlc weapons soon( guessing another 2 weeks since koei is dumb like that and doesnt want to re-release all the old dlc at once.
also what the heck with the old DW costumes at more than half a gig, was this the case back on the ps3?

Creaking

So, on Chi Bi, Wu's forces, dealing with the fire ship. You have to clear some obstacles with a catapult, but I can only ever clear tiny pieces. There's this big broken up boat that you're supposed to get rid of as well, but no matter how many times I fire at it, it won't break. It just disappears automatically after like three minutes.

Is there something I'm missing?

Top Bottom