• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

bigkrev

Well, pre ordered and paid in full for a copy today, so I guess there is no turning back!

Why is this out the same day as SMT4 though

^An amazing day for me, two of my top series get their next release on the same day, but luckily, I have the money for both, a month ago and it would have been a very different story.

I find them more much more interesting than Shu's new adds of more Guan kids and Zack.

Agreed. Shu got the boring additions in this game.

Hystzen

I
Have Diao Chan die before fighting Lu Bu.

good_good.gif

good I have no issues taking her down first then rising to challenge

if broken as hoping I run then cry in corner after

I was waiting for Zhang Bao be added but looks kind of meh needed more Wang Ping instead

Sulik2

I haven't played a dynasty warriors game in years. I might be in for this one. It looks great and I need some mashing in my life after Rogue Legacy.

Awesome for the manual and man that's basically the size of DW7E. My hard drive space ;_;

Thank God I upgraded it to 500GB recently. But god damn this game is amazing. Koei finally declone the characters I LOVE IT! I think I'm actually gonna by the DLC weapons and Maps for this game. The install is optional but it helps a lot.

Yawnier

Banned
Eh, it could easily just be bad mixing of all these short audio clips into an attempt to make a coherent trailer. I wouldn't completely judge this until I play the game.

Yeah, I know what you mean the voice acting may be different or appear to be more seamless when you're playing the actual game for yourself, but solely judging off these few trailers with English VAs I just noticed that they come across as corny/cheesy, which probably shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us at this point after seeing DW3 voice acting, lol.

This game is godlike!!!!

Any specific comments on the game so far?

ZhugeEX

Banned
One thing i like about Koei Tecmo is they've listened to fan feedback on difficulty level. A lot of western fans say they want a harder game and so the AI for the EU/NA version is much better.

Basically the easy mode in the EU/NA is the same as playing Normal in the JP version. And Normal is like Hard. If that makes sense. Plus archers have been allowed to give more damage and some player attacks have been toned down to give the feeling of more difficult gameplay.

So some of you guys might find it hard on normal if that makes sense.

Damn, dat install size. Will only have 40 gigs left after instailling :x

I wonder if I even have enough empty room for the install right now. I'll probably have to delete FFXIV's beta. :/
This game is godlike!!!!

Hyped.

One thing i like about Koei Tecmo is they've listened to fan feedback on difficulty level. A lot of western fans say they want a harder game and so the AI for the EU/NA version is much better.

Basically the easy mode in the EU/NA is the same as playing Normal in the JP version. And Normal is like Hard. If that makes sense. Plus archers have been allowed to give more damage and some player attacks have been toned down to give the feeling of more difficult gameplay.

Death by a million tiny pokes and arrows.

Yeah, I know what you mean the voice acting may be different or appear to be more seamless when you're playing the actual game for yourself, but solely judging off these few trailers with English VAs I just noticed that they come across as corny/cheesy, which probably shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us at this point after seeing DW3 voice acting, lol.

Any specific comments on the game so far?

Playing tutorials for all the factions. So far it's way superior than 7, the voice acting is really not that bad(I actually prefer it over JP VA). The storm rush and switch counter adds new gameplay which is kinda cool but makes the game easy. The one thing I love the most is the evolution musou it's just so bad ass and so much fun to use.

Difficulty really only gives enemy units more dmg output. They're still kinda dumb.

Yawnier

Banned

Interesting, I didn't know about this. I was going to play through this game on hard like I did in DW7, but if that is actually expert in the JP version, then eh......

Playing tutorials for all the factions. So far it's way superior than 7, the voice acting is really not that bad(I actually prefer it over JP VA). The storm rush and switch counter adds new gameplay which is kinda cool but makes the game easy. The one thing I love the most is the evolution musou it's just so bad ass and so much fun to use.

Superior to DW7 and voice acting isn't bad = really good to hear.

Wow I really like the new Sima Zhao moveset. He was one of my favorite characters in 7. Holding R2 to ride a horse automatically is one the best feature they put in. Finally!!! I got sick of clicking R2 then wait for the horse to arrive and position myself to get on it.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Difficulty really only gives enemy units more dmg output. They're still kinda dumb.

From what i've heard the AI has been improved quite a bit. It's just archers that give more damage. Officers actually attack more and use more aerial musou attacks and charge attacks to break your combos. So even if you're juggling an officer they'll be able to defend/attack before you can fully kill them.

Wow I really like the new Sima Zhao moveset. He was one of my favorite characters in 7. Holding R2 to ride a horse automatically is one the best feature they put in. Finally!!! I got sick of clicking R2 then wait for the horse to arrive and position myself to get on it.

Ah, I knew I forgot about a feature.

Looking forward to using that instead of calling a horse, waiting for the game to let me ride it as I keep pressing X and the horse walking away cause it thinks I'm attacking in that area.

Ailike

So to save me from assembling an excel file of the different games, is there anyone who hasnt been included this time? I was pretty cheesed after the Pang De thing in 7 (360. Grrr.)

Also, they better take all my money for music DLC. I loved rocking out to Eve again in 7, and I'm going to miss 7's Theme of Jin-Finale.

So to save me from assembling an excel file of the different games, is there anyone who hasnt been included this time? I was pretty cheesed after the Pang De thing in 7 (360. Grrr.)

Also, they better take all my money for music DLC. I loved rocking out to Eve again in 7, and I'm going to miss 7's Theme of Jin-Finale.

Everyone who has been in a past DW game is back besides Fu Xi and Nu Wa (who been put into the WO series) and the exclusive for Strikeforce characters. Even Zuo Ci is back!

They definitely gonna take my money for Weapon, Map and OST DLC. Costume DLC's on the other hand I'm not really interested.

They definitely gonna take my money for Weapon, Map and OST DLC. Costume DLC's on the other hand I'm not really interested.

I pretty much want all that DLC. Weapons, maps, more weapon skins, music, ambition mode towns, original costumes, all of it!

The only ones I'll probably not get are the older DW outfits since Koei will probably charge for them.

Stoof

Man, I haven't played Dynasty Warriors since 5E. I've gotten really hyped for this just in the past few days, can't wait to get back into the series again.

ZhugeEX

Banned
how's the game's performance? does it maintain the framerate most of the time.

PS3 version is great. There is very slight slowdown around fire attack areas, so for example in the battle of Hu Lao Gate one of the cities is on fire and there can be some slight slowdown if there are too many troops on the screen at once. But it's fine normally.

It's the Xbox 360 version that no one is sure of just yet.

EYEL1NER

I'm trying to decide if who I should order from. Amazon will get it here quicker than Gamestop and will be free shipping but has no pre-order costumes. Gamestop will take longer and cost me $5 for APO shipping but has pre-order costumes.
I mean, if I wait for them to release on Live, they will more than likely be cheaper than $5. So it makes since to go with Amazon I guess and buy the pre-order costumes when they are released as DLC. But that is also assuming they will release them at a later date. Odds are they will, but I don't really want to end up in a Lollipop Chainsaw situation again where they say "Nope, they were for pre-orders only. We will never release them for everyone else." And if they do release them on Live and I buy them then, how will I be able to limit myself to only buying them? There is a lot of DLC for this game. Granted most of the DLC costumes looks cool, but I can't allow myself to pay the prices they want for everything they release. I haven't bought anything for 7 and only bought the initial cheap DLC for WO3.
I wish they would have cheaper DLC and cheaper bundles. Or even a season pass, these are games I would actually grab a season pass for. But then again, I tend to grab season passes on sale, and one for this game would probably stay full price forever.
What I would love is to see a Complete Edition release with all the DLC at a later date, but I do realize that these games aren't big enough for that to happen.

I'm trying to decide if who I should order from. Amazon will get it here quicker than Gamestop and will be free shipping but has no pre-order costumes. Gamestop will take longer and cost me $5 for APO shipping but has pre-order costumes.
I mean, if I wait for them to release on Live, they will more than likely be cheaper than $5. So it makes since to go with Amazon I guess and buy the pre-order costumes when they are released as DLC. But that is also assuming they will release them at a later date. Odds are they will, but I don't really want to end up in a Lollipop Chainsaw situation again where they say "Nope, they were for pre-orders only. We will never release them for everyone else." And if they do release them on Live and I buy them then, how will I be able to limit myself to only buying them? There is a lot of DLC for this game. Granted most of the DLC costumes looks cool, but I can't allow myself to pay the prices they want for everything they release. I haven't bought anything for 7 and only bought the initial cheap DLC for WO3.
I wish they would have cheaper DLC and cheaper bundles. Or even a season pass, these are games I would actually grab a season pass for. But then again, I tend to grab season passes on sale, and one for this game would probably stay full price forever.
What I would love is to see a Complete Edition release with all the DLC at a later date, but I do realize that these games aren't big enough for that to happen.

I personally don't really care for the DLC costumes from Gamestop, don't see myself using those specifically so I'd go with Amazon for sure

Is Dynasty Warriors the same series that was on the Amiga 500 a long time ago? That game didn't have any sound effects or music!!!!!!??

Ambition (mode) makes me so horny. (kudo's if you can place the reference.)
I like everything I'm reading about it, brings back memories of warriors orochi 3, my favorite parts were gaining new officers and bonding with them!

:D Mang, they wouldn't release a full price game with no sound like that again. Not after last time (lot's of people were maimed and slaughtered)

HA ha!
I have no earthly idea what you're talking about, but that makes it awesome in my eyes!

Top Bottom