• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Your old age is getting to you. The fuck is an Amiga 500?
The amiga 500 is one of the best computer ever made, that is an amiga 500 ;)

He is wrong but his age isn't getting him because he was probably referring to one of these two:

nobunaga ambition(same developers but different genre)
Nobunaga's_Ambition_1.png
Nobunaga's_Ambition_2.png

or dynasty wars(different developers, capcom, but as a beat'em up it was not so far from being a dynasty warriors 2d)
278808-dynasty-wars-amiga-screenshot-charging-enemy-infantrys.png
278806-dynasty-wars-amiga-screenshot-character-selections.png

EDIT:
stupid images...

Ambition (mode) makes me so horny. (kudo's if you can place the reference.)
I like everything I'm reading about it, brings back memories of warriors orochi 3, my favorite parts were gaining new officers and bonding with them!

HA ha!
I have no earthly idea what you're talking about, but that makes it awesome in my eyes!

I bought Dynasty Warriors for the Amiga 500 in 963BC because I liked the arcade version but it wasn't the same game and it actually had no sound effects or music. US Gold or some other company used to give the Amiga a terrible name with their arcade conversions. ok :)?

ZhugeEX

Banned
So have the older movesets from 7 been modified for 8? Looking at some of the new weapons they look pretty insane compared to some of the old stuff.

Slightly. The movesets of weapons from 7 have remained pretty much unchanged in terms of animation but the effects/power have changed up a bit.

Also, All Characters now have 3 musou attacks (Crowd clearing musou, grapple musou and aerial musou) as well as an awakening musou.

It only has the English dub on the Disc. The Japanese dub will be a free DLC.

I heard that the narrator in story mode isn't voiced. Is that true?

So have the older movesets from 7 been modified for 8? Looking at some of the new weapons they look pretty insane compared to some of the old stuff.

There are some changes. Most stayed the same besides visual effects and range and what not while some got buffs and some others got weaken.

For example, the Iron Fan now has a much larger default range with its s-string as it has wind shears around your characters when you attack.

The Lightning Sword's last charge attack got extremely nerfed in range.

Ordered. Sigh. Haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since...I don't even remember the last one I played. I don't think I've played one this console generation.

Mrbob

Is there any chance the price will be cheaper on PSN? I have the game pre ordered at Amazon but WO3 was $49.99 on PSN. I'd rather have access to it anytime.

At best we get an update on Monday and the game will have shipped from Amazon by then.

I heard that the narrator in story mode isn't voiced. Is that true?

There are some changes. Most stayed the same besides visual effects and range and what not while some got buffs and some others got weaken.

For example, the Iron Fan now has a much larger default range with its s-string as it has wind shears around your characters when you attack.

The Lightning Sword's last charge attack got extremely nerfed in range.

It's true no narrator voice. I guess if you want the narrator voice you gonna have to download the JP DUB DLC.

Is there any chance the price will be cheaper on PSN? I have the game pre ordered at Amazon but WO3 was $49.99 on PSN. I'd rather have access to it anytime.

At best we get an update on Monday and the game will have shipped from Amazon by then.

I don't think $49.99 is not gonna happen.

sensui-tomo

looks like Arashi Ga Oka performed by Tomoyasu Hotei is confirmed to be in the game(funny how this niche title got its theme song yet Project X zone couldnt keep that intro in their game)

looks like Arashi Ga Oka performed by Tomoyasu Hotei is confirmed to be in the game(funny how this niche title got its theme song yet Project X zone couldnt keep that intro in their game)

Oh that's cool. It's a great song.

It's also possible (confirmed?) That the Xbox 360 version has severe slow down issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...=BbMoVRDT1WE&feature=player_detailpage#t=505s

The PS3 version is fine though.

Honestly not surprised one bit.

Dynasty Warriors 7 costumes in the game. Not sure if it's because I own 7 or it's in there in general.

Should be in general. Surprised you didn't have to unlock them.

sensui-tomo

are all the characters unlocked from the start or do you have to unlock them like before?(reason i ask is because i liked some character's older designs over the new one .. lu bu's 7 over his 8 is one i can name off the bat, i hope they add some of the special outfits from DW7 in as dlc (the ones that werent the fairy tail ones..) also does everyone talk at camp or was that taken out for 8?( cause i know dw7 had every mook and unique general talk at camp)

are all the characters unlocked from the start or do you have to unlock them like before?(reason i ask is because i liked some character's older designs over the new one .. lu bu's 7 over his 8 is one i can name off the bat, i hope they add some of the special outfits from DW7 in as dlc (the ones that werent the fairy tail ones..) also does everyone talk at camp or was that taken out for 8?( cause i know dw7 had every mook and unique general talk at camp)

I believe you have to unlock the characters in both story/free mode and ambition mode. As in unlocking someone in one mode won't unlock them in the other mode.

No idea about the school or DW7XL special or fairy tail outfits as DLC yet. They haven't announced any new set of outfits yet besides the modern day jobs ones that was released recently.

Talking at camp is still in it.

sensui-tomo

I believe you have to unlock the characters in both story/free mode and ambition mode. As in unlocking someone in one mode won't unlock them in the other mode.

No idea about the school or DW7XL special or fairy tail outfits as DLC yet. They haven't announced any new set of outfits yet besides the modern day jobs ones that was released recently.

Talking at camp is still in it.

i meant dubbed talking in camp(some people are saying they took that out in the english dub) but yeah i hope some of those DW7XL outfits come in the form of a patch or dlc.

Phloxy

360 version is super choppy and slow, exchanged it for the PS3 version at the mom n pop shop and its much, much better.

Takuya

Banned
360 version is super choppy and slow, exchanged it for the PS3 version at the mom n pop shop and its much, much better.

That was my impression too at E3, the game of 360 was unplayable.

On another note, does anyone know if ambition mode is playable in co-op?

MoxManiac

They must have really half assed the 360 port. The previous games were pretty much at parity, minus a few minor details, weren't they?

sensui-tomo

Someone on gamefaqs said there is supposed to be a day 1 patch on xbox version. Not sure if that's legit or not.

as i've not heard a source of that outside of that site, i'd take it with a grain of salt. Hell koei never released the last patch for western copies of Dynasty warriors 7 empires which would have added new features in it.

CmdBash

wow according to the wiki there's a tonne of dlc, any news of when they're going to be localised? some of them look pretty nice.

wow according to the wiki there's a tonne of dlc, any news of when they're going to be localised? some of them look pretty nice.

Based off the schedule they did for WO3 and DW7E, it'll probably follow the same order of what gets released in Japan just instead of weekly releases, it'll be bundled up into releases every other week. K-T also usually ends up bundling up two weapon or map pack releases into one so for example we'll probably see the Blaze Sword and the Screw Crossbow into one release.

The only DLC we have a chance of not getting are the cross promotional ones like Hotei Lu Bu, Lawson Wang Yuanji and maybe the preorder DW1 costumes.

sensui-tomo

Based off the schedule they did for WO3 and DW7E, it'll probably follow the same order of what gets released in Japan just instead of weekly releases, it'll be bundled up into releases every other week. K-T also usually ends up bundling up two weapon or map pack releases into one so for example we'll probably see the Blaze Sword and the Screw Crossbow into one release.

The only DLC we have a chance of not getting are the cross promotional ones like Hotei Lu Bu, Lawson Wang Yuanji and maybe the preorder DW1 costumes.

i think we will have a better chance for the DW1 outfits over those store brands dlc.. too bad for you 7up fans. Hotei lu bu could happen since we are getting his song in game still .. preorder dlc will probably be around $1-$3 while the dw 3-6 will follow the $1 suit they have in the past.

Ailike

You guys have me scared about the 360 version. I don't have a PS3 and was hoping to squeak by without buying one, but my resolve is shaking. However, I was able to tolerate 360's DW7 just fine short of no XL or Empires, so if 8's situation is comparable, I should be ok.

It'll just suck if I had to spend 200 bucks to have a "playable" version, and I hope there is a smidge of hyperbole.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You guys have me scared about the 360 version. I don't have a PS3 and was hoping to squeak by without buying one, but my resolve is shaking. However, I was able to tolerate 360's DW7 just fine short of no XL or Empires, so if 8's situation is comparable, I should be ok.

It'll just suck if I had to spend 200 bucks to have a "playable" version, and I hope there is a smidge of hyperbole.

If you watch the video linked earlier in the thread, it's really bad. It's straight up slow motion.

Phloxy

Ambition mode is local co-op, not sure about online. The framerate is truly awful, I'm the type to not care about frames and I almost always prefer 360 but it was so bad. The PS3 version is so much smoother it fundamentally changes how you play the game in my opinion. Much much better.

i think we will have a better chance for the DW1 outfits over those store brands dlc.. too bad for you 7up fans. Hotei lu bu could happen since we are getting his song in game still .. preorder dlc will probably be around $1-$3 while the dw 3-6 will follow the $1 suit they have in the past.

Well the only reason why I mentioned the DW1 outfits is cause they haven't been put up as buyable DLC for Japan yet. The ROTK12 outfits were but there's a chance these won't since they were actually related to which store you preordered it from in Japan.

Of course, for all I know, they could come up as DLC next month or in the future but that would also mean we won't get them out here for some time either.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I have Tuesday off so I'll just pick it up at Gamestop in the morning and play all day. Would've stayed with my Amazon order and save the 5 bucks of tax but the UPS here usually don't get stuff delivered to me until 5 or 6 PM.

^ I'm sure we'll get it. I'll definitely buy it.

Ambition mode is local co-op, not sure about online. The framerate is truly awful, I'm the type to not care about frames and I almost always prefer 360 but it was so bad. The PS3 version is so much smoother it fundamentally changes how you play the game in my opinion. Much much better.

I made the right decision to switch then.

Top Bottom