• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

sensui-tomo

I have Tuesday off so I'll just pick it up at Gamestop in the morning and play all day. Would've stayed with my Amazon order and save the 5 bucks of tax but the UPS here usually don't get stuff delivered to me until 5 or 6 PM.

^ I'm sure we'll get it. I'll definitely buy it.

hope you made a preorder in order to get those 4 dlc outfits(if you care about that thing)
2 are the ROTK outfits for cover boy and SSX and the other 2 are DW 1 outfits for guan yu and lu xun

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
hope you made a preorder in order to get those 4 dlc outfits(if you care about that thing)
2 are the ROTK outfits for cover boy and SSX and the other 2 are DW 1 outfits for guan yu and lu xun

Yeah, I did yesterday. I don't really care about them, but it'll be nice to have I guess.

[.IMG]http://images.wikia.com/dynastywarriors/images/0/03/Yueying_Job_Costume_%28DW8_DLC%29.jpg[/IMG]
i hope we get this, please dont think any less of me.

The one costume that I would want that I think doesn't have a chance of being brought over is this one:

ZXcDTKBl.jpg

Yeah, I did yesterday. I don't really care about them, but it'll be nice to have I guess.

If you don't want them, I'll toss you five bucks for them~

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The one costume that I would want that I think doesn't have a chance of being brought over is this one:

If you don't want them, I'll toss you five bucks for them~

I'm sad that we won't get that costume ;_;

I'll download it just for the SSX costume. I can share it with you for free on one of my many extra accounts if you want.

I was at a friends house who got the game early (360 version pal) and damn the game has some MAJOR slowdown and performance issues, and very deep black levels which is annoying. I can't imagine the PS3 version to be like this, because it was really bad trust me..

And watching videos of both versions of the game on youtube shows that the PS3 version is really superior. Plus I'm skeptic about the talk of a patch for the 360 to fix these issues, it literally felt like an inferior port.

Warriors Orochi 3 was nearly identical and perfect on the 360 compared to the PS3 version, so I don't understand why they've dropped the ball this time.

I guess I made the right choice by pre ordering the PS3 version huh.

I was at a friends house who got the game early (360 version pal) and damn the game has some MAJOR slowdown and performance issues, and very deep black levels which is annoying. I can't imagine the PS3 version to be like this, because it was really bad trust me..

And watching videos of both versions of the game on youtube shows that the PS3 version is really superior. Plus I'm skeptic about the talk of a patch for the 360 to fix these issues, it literally felt like an inferior port.

Warriors Orochi 3 was nearly identical and perfect on the 360 compared to the PS3 version, so I don't understand why they've dropped the ball this time.

Warriors Orochi 2 on 360 was awful until they released a patch for it, then it was fine.

I'm hoping for mostly other characters to be added in the future

Wei

Yu Jin
Xun Yu
Hao Zhao

Wu

Cheng Pu
Chen Wu
Zhuge Jin
Sun Shao
Sun Xiu

Shu

Wang Ping
Liao Hua

and switch Xiahou Ba here, here is no Jin warrior >.<

Jin

I'm not that bothered on who they add here

Other

Yuan Shu with Ji Ling
Hua Xiong
Chen Gong and Gao Shun
Yan Liang and Wen Chou and possibly Tian Feng
Zhang Ren and Yan Yan

taking my previous post to add a few more to the list

Garland7G

Man I was seriously considering buying this for the 360 since the last one I played was on the PS2 and I've been itching for some DW action, but damn the slowdown is so horrible.
i'm gonna have to pass unless a patch fixes the issues. Kinda bummed about this but at least i'll still have smt4 to play that day...speaking of 3ds is the DW (warriors?) game for 3ds any good? maybe that will sate my appetite..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man I was seriously considering buying this for the 360 since the last one I played was on the PS2 and I've been itching for some DW action, but damn the slowdown is so horrible.
i'm gonna have to pass unless a patch fixes the issues. Kinda bummed about this but at least i'll still have smt4 to play that day...speaking of 3ds is the DW (warriors?) game for 3ds any good? maybe that will sate my appetite..

You mean the Samurai Warriors game? It's okay I suppose. Pretty damn hard, though. It's not really like a "traditional" Warriors title.

The Dynasty Warriors 3DS game never came out in the US. Also it was terrible.

Garland7G

You mean the Samurai Warriors game? It's okay I suppose. Pretty damn hard, though. It's not really like a "traditional" Warriors title.

The Dynasty Warriors 3DS game never came out in the US. Also it was terrible.

that's it samurai warriors, maybe i'll pick that one up as long as its somewhat similar in regards to the battlefield combat, that is until a fix for DW8 comes about ;)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
problem with buying the 360 version is they are starting to shaft them again when it comes to dlc or expansions.

qindarka

Banned
I will never be 100% satisfied with a DW roster until we finally get Hua Xiong.

He is a bit of a pointless character. Just a generic strong warrior who will only appear in one stage and who is most noteworthy in the novel for getting killed to show of Guan Yu's awesome abilities.

Same goes for guys like Yan Liang and Wen Chou.

Yawnier

Banned
He is a bit of a pointless character. Just a generic strong warrior who will only appear in one stage and who is most noteworthy in the novel for getting killed to show of Guan Yu's awesome abilities.

Same goes for guys like Yan Liang and Wen Chou.

Assuming that Koei wouldn't really expand on Dong Zhuo's story and origins anymore than what they have in the DW series (which is very little), there is really not much of a point in adding Hua Xiong.

I'm sad that we won't get that costume ;_;

I'll download it just for the SSX costume. I can share it with you for free on one of my many extra accounts if you want.

I'll ask you about that later on then. :3

I imagine that WO3 was more capable on the 360 since it was developed at the same time as the PS3 version as it got released at the same time while the 360 version is pretty much a late lazy port like DW7's was.

Assuming that Koei wouldn't really expand on Dong Zhuo's story and origins anymore than what they have in the DW series (which is very little), there is really not much of a point in adding Hua Xiong.

We got more pressing parts of history to add then add whatever part of Dong Zhuo's story.

Most of them pretty much sound the same as DW7's which is pretty great. Still not a big fan of Xu Shu's voice.

CmdBash

how to character unlocks work in this game? is it just through appearances in story mode or something? confused, so few starting characters. :(

how to character unlocks work in this game? is it just through appearances in story mode or something? confused, so few starting characters. :(

For story/free mode, you have to unlock them through completing stages in story mode. From what I believe, just being able to use them in a stage would probably unlock them for story and free mode.

For ambition mode, you have to recruit them through Great Battles.

Characters you unlock in ambition mode doesn't become they automatically become unlocked in story/free mode and vice versa.

------------------------------------------------

Also, according the Playstation Blogcast and The Drop, DW8 is getting a digital release on PSN come GCT time.

ZhugeEX

Banned
So for those of you who have followed the JP version of the game or know a bit about Dynasty Warriors may be interested in this list i made.

It basically sums up what we know about the EU/NA version

-EU/NA version has harder AI and stronger archers
-DW7 Costumes are on the disc
-Game comes with multi language manual
-Game has english voice & English, French, German sub
-Unique characters retain DW7 lines and have new quotes added in.
-Generic characters have all new voices/quotes
-Circuit and Arashi ga oki songs are on disc
-JP voices are via FREE DLC
-Do not pursue Lu Bu
-EU/NA version is on patch 1.02
-There will be a day one patch to 1.03
-Day One patch does not fix lag on Xbox 360.
-EU/NA version is lip synced during gameplay/cutscene.
-There is no narrator voice or pre battle camp voices
-Xbox 360 version has slowdown, severe slowdown in 2player co-op
-Xbox 360 version was completed 05/06/2013 and printed on disc from 18/06/2013.
-PS3 disc version has optional 10GB install. (makes loading faster)
-Digital Download day 1 confirmed
-PS3 ver= 19GB, 360 ver= 9GB. (Make sure you have double space to install)
-Reviews will be posted 16/07/2013

Cirruss

I've only ever played Dynasty Warriors 2 and even though I loved the game for some reason I never played any of its subsequent sequels, and when I did want to purchase it again a few years ago there just seemed to be so many different versions of the game and conflicting opinions about each game that I ended holding off on purchasing.

However reading this thread seems to have convinced me on this game and I'm looking for forward to it. Does PSN EU only put the game up on store when its released then or is there anyway to prepurchase and pre download it?

I've only ever played Dynasty Warriors 2 and even though I loved the game for some reason I never played any of its subsequent sequels, and when I did want to purchase it again a few years ago there just seemed to be so many different versions of the game and conflicting opinions about each game that I ended holding off on purchasing.

However reading this thread seems to have convinced me on this game and I'm looking for forward to it. Does PSN EU only put the game up on store when its released then or is there anyway to prepurchase and pre download it?

It's getting a physical release here, though you're not likely to see it in shops best to order online if you prefer physical.

Does the GAME UK preorder bonus include the costume dlcs? If not I'm going with Shopto and their 2 preorder dlc packs.

Also did these preorder costume eventually go up on the Japanese PSN for download? /iirc they had preorder dlc as well.

Now to decide digital download or disc...

Do digital downloads have better loading by any chance?

I honestly don't think there will be a difference. PS3 version has an optional 10 gig install, which I'm sure puts the load speed on par with the digital release.

Also did these preorder costume eventually go up on the Japanese PSN for download? /iirc they had preorder dlc as well.

As of now, only the ROTK12 costumes for Zhao Yun and SSX have gone up as buyable as DLC.

The DW1 costumes haven't yet but they could at a later time.

Also, shipping nowwwwwwwwwwwww! Go, go, Amazon!

Jin

Switched my pre-order to PS3. The black crush was one annoying issue I had with DW7 on the 360. I could barely see shit in nighttime levels.

Reviews are embargoed until tomorrow, but I wanna just say this is easily my favorite DW since DW3. It basically answers all the criticisms the current-gen DW releases invited, and then some.

And I love the shit out of DW3, so it's high damn praise coming from me.

Amazon has shipped! <3 Release Date Delivery, and so hyped for this with your comments on twitter and here Jim. One more sleep to go...

dug out my copies of dw3-5 over the weekend. lawl at those draw distances, though 5 got a lot better in that regard. also they hold their framerates remarkably well given how much shit is going on, i dunno what that one guy was going on about when he said they'd slow down all the time. dw3 is still incredible, really hoping we can get some of those bgms as dlc for dw8.

i loved dw3 and 5's musou mode effectively being a personal history of the character you select. it would appear that dw8's musou mode is similar to the much lamer kingdom mode seen in dw4, how accurate is that guess?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Reviews are embargoed until tomorrow, but I wanna just say this is easily my favorite DW since DW3. It basically answers all the criticisms the current-gen DW releases invited, and then some.

Looking forward to the review then. DW3 is the only entry I skipped, but as a staunch fan of DW5 and a lesser fan of the rest, I really am interested to read the writeup.

i loved dw3 and 5's musou mode effectively being a personal history of the character you select. it would appear that dw8's musou mode is similar to the much lamer kingdom mode seen in dw4, how accurate is that guess?

DW8's story mode is similar to DW7's Kingdom mode where you go through a set path for each kingdom. The main difference is that the paths can split and there are also hypothetical scenarios such as someone not dying when they are supposed to which leads to a much more expanded kingdom mode than DW7's.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got a shipping confirmation from Amazon! So hyped!

Gonna go musou on the UPS guy if he shows up to the office and claims nobody was there to receive the package again.

This put a smile on my face, untill I realise Omega Force will very likely somehow feck up the formula when they move to the PS4 =/

DW8's story mode is similar to DW7's Kingdom mode where you go through a set path for each kingdom. The main difference is that the paths can split and there are also hypothetical scenarios such as someone not dying when they are supposed to which leads to a much more expanded kingdom mode than DW7's.

do you still need to find/level up weapons in dw8 or do you have the full set of moves available to you from the beginning with each officer?

do you still need to find/level up weapons in dw8 or do you have the full set of moves available to you from the beginning with each officer?

Nope, the length of your moveset is independent from what weapon you have.

You might need to level up your character to unlock the 5th and 6th charge moves but I'm not completely sure about that.

I do know you need to level up your characters to unlock their second and third musou moves.

Nope, the length of your moveset is independent from what weapon you have.

You might need to level up your character to unlock the 5th and 6th charge moves but I'm not completely sure about that.

I do know you need to level up your characters to unlock their second and third musou moves.

Yeah you get your 2nd and 3rd musou as you level up. This game is gonna require a lot of play time to unlock everyone's moveset.

ZhugeEX

Banned
This put a smile on my face, untill I realise Omega Force will very likely somehow feck up the formula when they move to the PS4 =/

Well the guys over at KOEI say they want to make Dynasty Warriors an open world game on PS4.

So that might be interesting.... kinda.

Top Bottom