• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

GashPrex said:
soo...sounds like all Sony has to do is showup and OMG THEYZ WIN

i dont think theyre gonna top the ff13 thing, but if they truly keep core gamers in mind for more than 5 minutes it could balance out

j-wood

i have a feeling this Sony show is going to be great guys. I had the same feeling last year, and it was great.

Here's hoping :D

N30RYU

I think that Sony should not have to waste too much time of this e3 conference with home... only tell us a final release date, and start showing exclusive games, adn the most important multiplatform games.

LCfiner

N30RYU said:
Bioshock...

Maybe Mass Effect??

Those games are already out.

If they want to actually have a megaton announcement, they need to show something new like Mass Effect 2. that might come close to levelling the playing field after the FFXIII blow up.

We all know GoW III is coming, we just don't know what it's going to look like yet.

jacf29

Banned
hahaha. they delayed going to commercial break creating an awkward moment there with sessler. I notice people are going into the sony auditorium now. This things about to start yay :)

Quazar

BenjaminBirdie said:
There was plenty of fresh deets at that conference, even if you just include the RE5 online co-op reveal and ignore all the other sweet stuff that was shown there first.

And I don't get how just because you've heard a game is coming out or seen a trailer for it, seeing it played on stage isn't still totally boss.

So if they play InFamous on stage today that won't be amazing because we've already seen choppy video of it online?

It's not worth trying to figure certain people out. MSs show was fantastic for any 360 owner and Sony's will be great as well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
GashPrex said:
soo...sounds like all Sony has to do is showup and OMG THEYZ WIN
I don't think they can "win" at all, but I just want them to show some new stuff that we know they have in works.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GAZERK said:
News to me! GREAT news!

TROPHY PATCH IS NOT COMING WITH 1.4!!! READ MY PREVIOUS POST !!!

ari

Banned
j-wood said:
i have a feeling this Sony show is going to be great guys. I had the same feeling last year, and it was great.

Here's hoping :D
sony conference was average at BEST last year. chubacca?

oh, and whats the word on a psp-3000?

Ethereal

A project ico title would be sweet.... seeing GoW3 playable would be a pretty big one...

Or...

They could announce a date for Home.... hahahaha what am I saying? Thats still vaporware as far as I'm concerned

Loudninja

TTP said:

What are you saying?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
people should stop with the Team ICO stuff. They're most likely not going to show anything till TGS, and then it will probably just be a teaser. Don't get your hopes up when there is no chance.

buffi

Banned
AAK said:
IGN's feed is a lot better than Gamespot. I recommend you guys to check that one out.

It was also about 5 minutes behind Gamestop for both the MS and Nintendo conferences.

GreekWolf

Doc Holliday said:
There is no way Sony can be any worse than MS and Nintendo at this point. I mean really wtf!??!
I really don't understand this bullshit. At MS conference, we saw four of the biggest upcoming titles demoed live on-stage, which in itself placed it light-years ahead of that pathetic display by Nintendo. Netflix and the new dashboard announcements were nice, Banjo Kazooie on XBLA was something we've been begging for, and then the FFXIII ownage.

Certainly not perfect but, relative to previous shows, it was a pretty damn good show overall. If they had just announced one new IP or even shown some footage of Alan Wake, it would have been truly memorable.

Looking forward to seeing what Sony has in store. :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm sure they will disappoint, but man, I would love for Sony to stroll out and actually blow everyone away. If they just walk up and start showing off one great demo after another, I would be pleased. Just give us games and lots of them.

Honestly, if they followed a similar format as MS but actually demonstrated NEW games, they would be clean up.

Unfortunately, they'll probably just wheel out Home again along with Little Big Planet, Killzone, and some other predictable game. Oh, and they'll probably tease us with some CG trailer for God of War III. That sounds about right. :(

Top Bottom