• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

TTP said:
TROPHY PATCH IS NOT COMING WITH 1.4!!! READ MY PREVIOUS POST !!!

:(

Doel

God of War 3
New Jak
Team ICO's game
Zipper Interactive's game
Twisted Metal PS3

Which of these will be shown? I think God of War 3 is a given. The rest would all be guesses.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
PhatSaqs said:
Pretty much. They could show Home for an hour and you'd still get "OMFG" every 5 seconds.
Trust me, as a fan, I want to see the games. No free pass this year. Good thing they are showing a lot of games that are highly anticipated and the potential megatons.

Darkx shares my sentiments.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Some people are quick to forget that without that FF announcement, that would've been the worst e3 briefing in videogame history.

Even with the announcement, it still only managed to make it mildly embarrassing.

GreekWolf said:
I really don't understand this bullshit. At MS conference, we saw four of the biggest upcoming titles demoed live on-stage, which in itself placed it light-years ahead of that pathetic display by Nintendo. Netflix and the new dashboard announcements were nice, Banjo Kazooie on XBLA was something we've been begging for, and then the FFXIII ownage.

Certainly not perfect but, relative to previous shows, it was a pretty damn good show overall. If they had just announced one new IP or even shown some footage of Alan Wake, it would have been truly memorable.

Looking forward to seeing what Sony has in store. :D

My sentiments exactly. The whole thing. Can't wait to see the Sony show.

dark10x said:
I'm sure they will disappoint, but man, I would love for Sony to stroll out and actually blow everyone away. If they just walk up and start showing off one great demo after another, I would be pleased. Just give us games and lots of them.
That's essentially what MS did for the first 20 minutes, and I expect Sony to do the same with Resistance 2, Little Big Planet, etc..the question is will the rest of the 1-1.5 hours be spent on media stuff, cool unannouced games, eyetoy bullshit, etc... We'll see.

If Sony comes out and shows 2 unannounced
maybe third party
big time exclusives I think they can take this (for me at least)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Brobzoid said:
people should stop with the Team ICO stuff. They're most likely not going to show anything till TGS, and then it will probably just be a teaser. Don't get your hopes up when there is no chance.
Ico was premiered at E3 after all, so why not this? Nothing that's more popular in the west should ever be left for TGS.

urge26

little big planet open beta (despite what's been said)
home open beta
final fantasy vii remake
resistance developer walk-through
gowiii teaser
retroactive trophies for all PS3 titles
uncharted2 teaser

and at least one megaton to match microsoft.

believe

Mets39

A true MGS game on PSN would be a megaton for me. But it won't happen of course.
Hope to see a good First party Line-up at best!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
belvedere said:
Some people are quick to forget that without that FF announcement, that would've been the worst e3 briefing in videogame history.

Even with the announcement, it still only managed to make it mildly embarrassing.

No, no it would not have been, the beginning was good what with the Resident Evil, Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and so on and so forth stage demos, also the XBLA stuff.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ms was 80% casual and then the ff13(multi) was the big ending.
nintendo was 100% casual
all sony has to do is focus on the hardcore

With how this E3 has been going, I'd just be happy with a God of War 3 teaser and absolutely no attempts at trying to replicate Nintendo's success with casual gamers.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
PhatSaqs said:
Pretty much. They could show Home for an hour and you'd still get "OMFG" every 5 seconds.
With the other 4 seconds punctuated by complaints of how shit it is. Are you guys really this myopic?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
this was my second most anticipated conference. after the travishamockery that was Nintendo's it is now my first. The only games I'm looking at for my 360 are RB2 and MS published titles.. PS3's gonna bring it home for me this fall otherwise...

c'mon sony, don't let me down.

wazoo

Brobzoid said:
people should stop with the Team ICO stuff. They're most likely not going to show anything till TGS, and then it will probably just be a teaser. Don't get your hopes up when there is no chance.

and Square does not show any RPG at E3 ..

Stop it. Sony HAS to counter the FF13 announcement with all they have or suffer the pain.

Top Bottom