• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East Bay jogger kills 15-pound pug with a kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
This very easily could have been an accident. I once punted a cat down my hallway on accident. it was late and adrk and I was walking to bed. the kitten must have been in front of me becuase on my usual step I must have hooked him on my foot and he went flying down the hall and smacked into the linnen closet door. I was walking normally. I wasnt running or marching or anything. I can imgaine a jogger with some pretty strong legs who was running could have easily booted this dog on a basic run.

did it die.. :'(

studyguy

Are you fucking kidding me? You think animal cruelty is funny?

I can edit in sarcasm tags if you like my man. But no.
I've already posted earlier in the thread if you want to take a look at those more serious posts.
I don't condone the kicking of tiny dog defense force though, nah.

anaron

The jogger obviously didn't kick the dog dog with intent to kill it. Can we stop pretending the guy had murder in mind?
that doesn't change the fact that he reacted by kicking a small dog

I'd love to see the justification for this if it was a small child that ran towards him

Hari Seldon

I love how you're saying this like this is the first time this type of thing has happened in the history of the world and like the only reasonable response to this situation was to kick the dog. Dogs come running at people all of the time, all of those dogs don't end up dead.

I've had dogs run up to me before, and thank God I found the strength to go against my animalistic instincts of punting that bastard in the head. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

If I saw the dog standing there and mentally prepared myself for it I would probably not kick since I do actually like and have dogs. But if I got surprised out of nowhere I would probably kick it, especially if my legs were already moving in mid jog.

Any little ankle biter that comes around me is going to get kicked. I've been bitten by two of those little shits that the owner claimed afterwards never did anything like that before.

Keep your annoying mutts on a leash!!

BPoole

I can edit in sarcasm tags if you like my man. But no.
I've already posted earlier in the thread if you want to take a look at those more serious posts.
I don't condone the kicking of tiny dog defense force though, nah.
My apologies for not getting the sarcasm, but even still, it's pretty insensitive to post a picture like that

I'd love to see the justification for this if it was a small child that ran towards him

Why would you love to see that? What does that have to do with anything? Why do people keep bringing kids into this like it's comparable to a dog?

Volimar

You'd have to drag me off anyone who kicked a pet of mine, fuck pacifism, some people need to be hit.

If I had gone after someone after they kicked my dog, she'd probably have bit me. She was easily confused.

What?

602d825c-0280-4a99-878d-de6f9e5ad712.gif

These savage monsters don't even care for their own young, what makes you think they'll spare your ankles, huh?

x-Lundz-x

tumblr_inline_nkb2exIa0E1to5mdr.gif

what new devilry is this

Right were ladies and gentlemen, you see this monster running towards you, better Adam Vinatieri it's ass or else you get your leg mauled off.

there is no room for reasonable thought processes in this thread no sir. You defend yourself at all costs regardless of the size or situation you are having to deal with.

You'd have to drag me off anyone who kicked a pet of mine, fuck pacifism, some people need to be hit.

You know there are so many people complaining about the jogger in here, but posters like this are the real damaged people.

You'd assault someone because you fucked up? That's completely childish.

Leash your dog, it won't charge anybody and most likely won't get kicked. Pet owners are almost 100% in control in this situation.

Soi-Fong

What if that pet of yours ran up to someone and bit them?

If your dog bit me, yes I will kick it off. And if you charged at me, yes I will defend myself.

Why would you love to see that? What does that have to do with anything? Why do people keep bringing kids into this like it's comparable to a dog?
Because a child and a 15lb dog pose about the same amount of threat, are about as fragile as each other, and are both living things that matter to people.

studyguy

My apologies for not getting the sarcasm, but even still, it's pretty insensitive to post a picture like that

Judging by a number of posts in here, that's basically what they're suggesting what the average person would do. Lets keep it in check here. At 15lbs, you're kicking something that weighs less than the average one year old. Shit's pretty bad.

just stop comparing dogs to children, they aint the same thing. a childs life is WAY more precious than any dogs PERIOD. if a house was burning and i could only save one i would pick the child every damn time and so would any sane individual

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The dog we used to have was always on a leash, as this dog should have been, but there's no excuse for his actions.

I would have murdered him.

blackflag

I mean come on...a rottweiler or pit bull running at me like that...ok I'm going offensive which may involve a kick and punches.

But that thing.....i'd reach down and pet it or at the least just keep going.

anaron

people seem to be ignoring the fact that the dog was running back to the owner so him kicking it wasn't even a reaction

Should have kept her dog on a leash. Keep your dog on a fucking leash, people. No excuse not to.

HOWEVER,

The guy who kicked the dog as hard as he could and killed it is an even bigger prick. He deserves to be kicked by somebody as hard as they can over and over to see how it feels. Fucking scumbag.

RM8

Just earlier today out of nowhere I started thinking about my dog who died almost 2 years ago (old age) and my eyes got soaked against my will. Again - almost two years afterwards, and because of natural death. Basically, I feel terrible for the dog and the owner :(

people seem to be ignoring the fact that the dog was running back to the owner so him kicking it wasn't even a reaction
Running after a pug to kick him, WTF. Piece of crap person.

BPoole

Any little ankle biter that comes around me is going to get kicked. I've been bitten by two of those little shits that the owner claimed afterwards never did anything like that before.

Keep your annoying mutts on a leash!!
If you're incapable of stopping a 10 pound dog from harming you, I don't think you'd fair too well against a pissed off dog owner who just had his or her dog kicked.

These savage monsters don't even care for their own young, what makes you think they'll spare your ankles, huh?

In her defense, there was maybe food somewhere.

Any child that contracts rabies. Unless you think rabies is something only dogs can get. You're also implying that there is no disease or infection a random child could give you.
My girlfriend is an art teacher at an elementary school.

Illness I've contracted from dogs: 0
Illness I've contracted from kids through her: more times than I can count.

anaron

just stop comparing dogs to children, they aint the same thing. a childs life is WAY more precious than any dogs PERIOD. if a house was burning and i could only save one i would pick the child every damn time and so would any sane individual
good for you and your hypotheticals

Soi-Fong

because dogs are beloved companions that for anyone that has ever owned are, basically children?

I think people need to understand this mentality isn't universal in the world. It's a very western way of thinking.

Not everyone in the world values a dog or cat or any pet in the same stature as their own children.

blackflag

Well that's her story. His is different and there were only 2 people there.

Regardless this guy should get kicked. That dog is not a threat.

Any child that contracts rabies. Unless you think rabies is something only dogs can get. You're also implying that there is no disease or infection a random child could give you.

I know that a human being can pass rabies but one of the main causes is dog bites, I won't risk it, since how popular is nowadays to not vaccine your children, how will I know if people are vaccinating their dogs.

mhm

good to know an unleashed pug is a license to kill

Glad to see were assuming the owner's story is true, when it's the owner more than anyone else that needs the jogger to be painted in a bad light, considering it was SHE that created the situation that killed her dog.

I've kicked the shit out of my cat at night because they are assholes and will run right in front of you, the difference being my cat is much larger than a pug and healthy. It's easy not to notice something that is 8 inches off the ground in the middle of a run that may or may not be blending in with the ground. A hit from someone that is running is also going to be of greater force on average.

I love dogs as much as the next person but jesus christ, some of you should channel your blood lust into something a little more constructive, it's straight up cringe inducing.

But it doesn't matter at this point, the rest of this thread will be posters completely avoiding the event at hand, posting puppy gifs and pics as if to question the morality of posters not calling for the jogger's head. Others will be either pea cocking saying they would severely injure someone for touching their dog or insinuating you're a sociopath if you question the story of the owner.

RM8

I would too, but that doesn't mean I didn't love my dog more than most humans. That doesn't mean losing a dog isn't extremely painful.

Fusebox

Banned
I feel like kicking everyone in this thread who thinks its okay to kick a pug.

What if that pet of yours ran up to someone and bit them?

If your dog bit me, yes I will kick it off. And if you charged at me, yes I will defend myself.

So scared of a tiny pug youd kick it away and then you think you'd stand toe to toe with me? Funny.

anaron

I think people need to understand this mentality isn't universal in the world. It's a very western way of thinking.

Not everyone in the world values a dog or cat or any pet in the same stature as their own children.

annd your point is? plenty of places in the world don't value PEOPLE as people.

in the western world, cats and dogs are family members for a shitload of people and have been companions to humans for centuries and it's more than a little screwed up when someone kicks and kills one the size of a pug for it running at him

studyguy

I dunno, giving a boot to a stranger's dog might as well be giving a boot to their child in many cases. Society isn't going to assume the life of a dog is equal to that of a child, but on an individual basis... I doubt most would stand to have their dog punted and not react with some strong emotion. Justified or not.

Either way as I had initially posted.
Keep your dogs on a leash, people are cruel.

anaron

Glad to see were assuming the owner's story is true, when it's the owner more than anyone else that needs the jogger to be painted in a bad light, considering it was SHE that created the situation that killed her dog.

I've kicked the shit out of my cat at night because they are assholes and will run right in front of you, the difference being my cat is much larger than a pug and healthy. It's easy not to notice something that is 8 inches off the ground in the middle of a run that may or may not be blending in with the ground. A hit from someone that is running is also going to be of greater force on average.

I love dogs as much as the next person but jesus christ, some of you should channel your blood lust into something a little more constructive, it's straight up cringe inducing.

But it doesn't matter at this point, the rest of this thread will be posters completely avoiding the event at hand, posting puppy gifs and pics as if to question the morality of posters not calling for the jogger's head. Others will be either pea cocking saying they would severely injure someone for touching their dog or insinuating you're a sociopath if you question the story of the owner.

uh what the fuck?

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah, that's fucked up. Who kicks their own cat ffs. Scumbag.

So I should just let an untrained pug keep on biting me then...?

Its a pug! Pick it up, put it down elsewhere. Although I'm starting to suspect you live in fear of your own shadow.

RM8

I dunno, giving a boot to a stranger's dog might as well be giving a boot to their child in many cases. Society isn't going to assume the life of a dog is equal to that of a child, but on an individual basis... I doubt most would stand to have their dog punted and not react with some strong emotion. Justified or not.
Yup. You wouldn't think "oh well, I shouldn't feel bad, it was a dog!" in that situation. I would have... I don't know, really, I would have acted very badly.

My dog was always walked leashed, BTW.

Soi-Fong

I feel like kicking everyone in this thread who thinks its okay to kick a pug.

So scared of a tiny pug youd kick it away and then you think you'd stand toe to toe with me? Funny.

Big difference between your pug staring at me and your pug biting me.

I don't care if it's the smallest dog. If your dog bites me I'll get it off me. What do you expect me to do? Let it keep biting me..?

Keep up the internet tough guy act. A lot of people here are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom