• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spman2099

Man, that Cup of Jones kind of bummed me out. Personally, I was hoping that 50k would be able to support everyone and I really wanted them to hit that goal for that reason. I also am still hoping that we will be able to see the top ten and the trailer score shows return.

However, I really appreciate being leveled with. Like, Jones just let everyone in on exactly what is going on. I appreciate that so much. I will keep hope alive in my heart for those shows, but I will accept that if they do make a return it will be in the distant future.

On a related note... what is the primary benefit of the new stage? Is it just so that Brandon Jones doesn't have to house the crew anymore? Personally, I actually prefer Jones's place to the old office. Gives EZA a really warm feel.

Hasney

On a related note... what is the primary benefit of the new stage? Is it just so that Brandon Jones doesn't have to house the crew anymore? Personally, I actually prefer Jones's place to the old office. Gives EZA a really warm feel.

From what he said, there would always be someone in the studio during office hours so it's open full time. Then there are things that just work on a stage like GT Live and pre-recorded shows would likely be of a higher quality. Plus, Jones' place isn't always available as he does live there too, Huber doing an RE stream past midnight yelling at the screen would probably wake them up even if it is a separate building! They could go there to stream if they prefer for a more robust setup than their house, which I guess could lead to more smaller group streams depending on location since they could be doing RE6 at the studio rather than either Brad or Huber streaming with the other on voice chat.

Oh, and totally agreed on the Jones levelling with us thing. Some people in these situations take a soft approach as I'm sure they get a lot of requests for Top 10's, so "we're looking into it" would probably be the line for a few weeks before coming clean. This was just straight up "We're not looking at doing these at the current time and here's why."

sora87

Looks like I'll be watching Frame Trap instead of Raw later while playing Dark Souls 3, woo!

Damnnn, nearly 100 pages already, this OT moving fast and loose.

Hasney

Looks like I'll be watching Frame Trap instead of Raw later while playing Dark Souls 3, woo!

Damnnn, nearly 100 pages already, this OT moving faat and loose.

From what I've read, there's only 2 segments of Raw worth watching anyway.
AJ Vs Sami and Bullet Club (Gallows and Anderson) debut

luchadork

From what I've read, there's only 2 segments of Raw worth watching anyway.
AJ Vs Sami and Bullet Club (Gallows and Anderson) debut

wrong. best raw in years. not even joking. it was so fucking good. damn this wwe roller coaster. just when i think im out. they pull me back in.

So for frame trap. Is the ideal way to consume it Video or audio? I alway see the EZA podcast in video since they do visual gags at times. I'm guessing Frame trap is similar

SeanTSC

So for frame trap. Is the ideal way to consume it Video or audio? I alway see the EZA podcast in video since they do visual gags at times. I'm guessing Frame trap is similar

Definitely video. Seeing Kyle getting up on his chair, all of their reactions and physical emotes, faces, etc are a must see.

Hasney

wrong. best raw in years. not even joking. it was so fucking good. damn this wwe roller coaster. just when i think im out. they pull me back in.

Dammit, there go another 3 hours of my day.

EDIT: Actually, thank fuck for remote play. I can choose between QB or R&C while I shove Raw on.

That's what I want to know

Waiting on approval. Think the other podcast took a week from the first episode submission to going up.

Visceir

E3 sounds like it'll be awesome regardless, they are doing streams for it AFAIK. Just whoevers available on dat couch.

For E3 I want to see them on that couch, wearing smoking jackets and rocking fake pipes that they can gesture with while doing live commentary for all the press conferences.

Fake mustaches and monocle are a plus.

The garage setting would lend itself perfectly for that gag, with that mellow yellow lighting and that big armchair.

It was unnamed? I always thought it was Prague, for some reason.

Yeah, I think it was mostly based on Prague but it was meant to be a vague, unnamed Eastern European city. Same thing goes with the first and second chapters, they're just "Middle East" and "South America", respectively.

Auctopus

U MAD BRO?

I'm so, so sorry

4zCcE6T.png

How sorry are you now?

jbluzb

Listening to cup of Jones, the part time status of EZA is well explained. Working freelance and project-based is all good as long as EZA shows are produced . 😃

So far very clear and transparent of how EZA will be managed and the Vision for the patreon project.

Hubble

Please hit at 50k before E3 so we could have another magical E3.
That fans meeting live show tease...about damn time!

It's kind of hard when they have not added new stretch goals in between. Even if they are little ones just to bring enthusiasm back to the Patreon campaign.

Tankard

Man, that Cup of Jones kind of bummed me out. Personally, I was hoping that 50k would be able to support everyone and I really wanted them to hit that goal for that reason. I also am still hoping that we will be able to see the top ten and the trailer score shows return.

However, I really appreciate being leveled with. Like, Jones just let everyone in on exactly what is going on. I appreciate that so much. I will keep hope alive in my heart for those shows, but I will accept that if they do make a return it will be in the distant future.

Yeah, me too. And before anyone get so sensitive about it, it's not making me bummed out because i'm patron and i think i'm entitled to anything, but it's because i worry they if any of them get a good gig they will leave EZA because that's not their full time thing, and that's what makes me concerned. What i hope is that they bring one at a time full time with the Patreon money and the sponsorship that will come on youtube, the twitch channel that should grow and start accepting donations.

I did ask for clarification and love the Brandon is straightforward about the situation,i appreciate that a lot. Also great Cup of Jones episode, i love that it's almost 30 mins long this week.

Now on to listening to Frame Trap.

Stike

For E3 I want to see them on that couch, wearing smoking jackets and rocking fake pipes that they can gesture with while doing live commentary for all the press conferences.

Fake mustaches and monocle are a plus.

The garage setting would lend itself perfectly for that gag, with that mellow yellow lighting and that big armchair.
classy

I want to see that too!

jbluzb

It's kind of hard when they have not added new stretch goals in between. Even if they are little ones just to bring enthusiasm back to the Patreon campaign.

As long as they continue to produce great reviews and podcasts, patreon support will continue to grow.

For me, the nature of patreon projects are its niche and caters to a more narrow audience but close community. Much like the GT days, youtube views were very low even if they produce quality content. Now, with patreon support you can still do things you like because of loyal supporters and the small audience who enjoys positive/optimism in gaming but also well thought critics without the excessive shouting/gimmicks required. To put things in perspective, during hiatus of GT, I watched Gamespot "the lobby" which also offers great commentary. If you check the view count, it hovers at 15k to 50k at the most. The audience for good commentary is not really on youtube sad to say. It's a very small market just like the audience in which EZA caters. This is just where we are right now in terms of demographic preferences.

As long as they continue to produce great reviews and podcasts, patreon support will continue to grow. For me, the nature of patreon projects are its niche and caters to a more narrow audience but close community. Just like during the gt days, youtube views were very low even if they produce quality content. Now, with patreon support you can still watch and do things you like because of loyal supporters to your project and the small audience who enjoys positive/optimism in gaming but also well thought critics without the excessive shouting/gimmicks required. Basically, EZA does not insult the intelligence of its audience.
I agree with this.

Another point to note, surely it would be better to keep the stretch goals as they are otherwise you simply run the risk of having current patreons upping their contributions temporarily to get their and then moving them back down instead of getting new ones because of the additional goals. Also as Brandon said, anything they can add wont be much since using any of the money towards that would take away from the studio goal and would force them to up that goal to $60k.

wiibomb

OMG... I loved this ep of Bosman At Home!!!

DAT bonus bit.. now that's what I was yearning for.

I still want him to talk with more confidence :(

Auctopus

Huber is absolutely bang on about the discovery aspect of the Souls game.

If you weren't around for the release of DeS and DS then you'll never have that same experience again. People were so lost online and finding secrets several months later, sharing secrets online was incredible.

Sevyne

I greatly enjoyed Ben's new podcast. Some great little stories and it seemed like an all around good time for the crew. Will be looking forward to more.

While I definitely appreciate Jones' candor in his latest ep., the Bosman bit kind of still doesn't make that much sense to me. It's just kind of awkward for him to be on 3ish streams a week, 2ish pods a week and who knows what else and have his show on a separate channel.

I know Bosman doesn't want the pressures with Patreon, I completely get that, but I wish they'd just host his show on the EZA channel with the caveat that his show might appear once a week or once a month and there's no specific time or frequency that it will go up. His show would not be associated with Patreon at all if he wants it that way and it's just a bonus for as long as he plans to keep making content like this.

I'm a relatively late convert to GT/EZA, and Bosman's show was the reason that initially introduced me to the group (and i assume that i'm not rare in that regard). While basically anyone reading this thread knows of the two channels to find his content, i'm sure there's many not subscribed to both the EZA channel and Bosman's channel and that's just another hoop to jump through. I LOVE all the EZA content, but Bosman's show has traditionally had a wider appeal than the other shows and everything being centrally located seems to be mutually beneficial for people to discover his other content easily and the rest of the groups' shows as well.

sora87

Those chairs look super uncomfortable for a 2 hour butt session.

Needless to say that was awesome though, can't wait for Ian to be on it, seems the perfect environment for him

Visceir

For me, the nature of patreon projects are its niche and caters to a more narrow audience but close community. Much like the GT days, youtube views were very low even if they produce quality content. Now, with patreon support you can still do things you like because of loyal supporters and the small audience who enjoys positive/optimism in gaming but also well thought critics without the excessive shouting/gimmicks required. To put things in perspective, during hiatus of GT, I watched Gamespot "the lobby" which also offers great commentary. If you check the view count, it hovers at 15k to 50k at the most. The audience for good commentary is not really on youtube sad to say. It's a very small market just like the audience in which EZA caters. This is just where we are right now in terms of demographic preferences.

EZA is a weird case of patreon though, it's great for single individuals or small groups who can sustain themselves from that but in EZA's case they're a big bunch. They've got a successful patreon but single members will still have to worry about getting their bills paid.

I like their content, but I think most of them were and still are new to personality driven/youtube media and seem a bit clueless in that regard. They could use someone who would guide them a little in that regard without compromising who they are.

Now I also slightly feel like their desire for an office is slightly misguided if they'll still have most of the crew worrying about second jobs and getting the bills paid. I like the garage setup.

I wasn't familiar with Brad until Easy Allies. I really really like the guy. He seems to have a calm and level head about him. He's a good balance to the rest of the guys.

Absolutely loved Frame Trap. Perfect pace. Not too fast, not too lose. Just right.

I agree completely.

Tankard

Absolutely loved Frame Trap. Perfect pace. Not too fast, not too lose. Just right.

Yeah, just finished listening, it gets jolly and intense after the first hour and it had really good and personal conversations, i just love their personality so much.

Great work, Ben.

Ruruja

Had a dream last night where I was at Huber's house because he was throwing a small party to watch an E3 conference. Brad Ellis and Kyle Bosman flaked and didn't show up so it was just me and Huber.

He was super unhappy at them not turning up and to top it off the E3 conference was mostly mobile games, never seen Huber so unhyped, it was quite a depressing dream tbh.

Huber Hype withdrawal symptoms in full effect.

Thores

Frame Trap was FANTASTIC. I loved the whole thing. Really great job, Ben!

One thing I'd love to see going forward, and maybe you're already planning on this, is for "what are you guys playing" to be a regular segment. That was one of my favorite parts, and it's going to be a question that gives you a different answer every two weeks. The way you worded "because this our first episode" made me unsure whether or not you'd keep starting the podcast with that question in subsequent Frame Traps, but I think it's a really excellent fit for the show. Please keep doing it.

Naythan

While I still don't really understand why Kyle is uploading Bosman at Home to a different channel (the show is already tracking a more consistently high view rate than any Easy Allies show by a pretty wide margin and would probably bring a lot more viewers to their main channel), I'm not sweating over it. Kyle is obviously heavily involved in Easy Allies, he's just weird as all hell about his own material.

While I still don't really understand why Kyle is uploading Bosman at Home to a different channel (the show is already tracking a more consistently high view rate than any Easy Allies show by a pretty wide margin and would probably bring a lot more viewers to their main channel), I'm not sweating over it. Kyle is obviously heavily involved in Easy Allies, he's just weird as all hell about his own material.

He's afraid if he gets a job he wouldn't have the time to produce Bosman at Home on a regular basis.

Kyle feels like if he put it on Patreon then he would HAVE to produce the podcast and his show every week, without fail, regardless of how heavy his work load at a new job may bring.

Putting it on his personal channel gives us what we want, but allows him the freedom to not have to produce a weekly show since no one is paying for it.

Everyone at EZA is producing shows they feel they can do if they get a job.

Bosman fears he couldn't do both if he got one, which is why he is only committed to the podcast (which is why it's on Patreon).

Naythan

He's afraid if he gets a job he wouldn't have the time to produce Bosman at Home on a regular basis.

Kyle feels like if he put it on Patreon then he would HAVE to produce the podcast and his show every week, without fail, regardless of how heavy his work load at a new job may bring.

Putting it on his personal channel gives us what we want, but allows him the freedom to not have to produce a weekly show since no one is paying for it.

He does not have to be associated at all with the Patreon to upload it to the Easy Allies channel. None of that links him to the responsibility of Patreon at all really.

That being said, Kyle is weird, I prefer to let him do his weird thing. I'll watch him wherever he goes.

He does not have to be associated at all with the Patreon to upload it to the Easy Allies channel. None of that links him to the responsibility of Patreon at all really.

It kind of does, actually. It shouldn't in theory, but in practice a lot of viewers won't be aware of the circumstances and will expect it to be part of the channel when they see it there, assuming that they've supported that show's existence and that Kyle has a responsibility in return. Those of us who hang out in this thread are probably more well informed about the situation than most of the other patreons, and those might see the new Bosman show disappear one day and complain loudly... to Easy Allies. It's a recipe for bad PR, one that is easy to avoid by doing exactly what they're doing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom