• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben is that kid at your high school lunch table who would talk to everyone about recent game reviews and try to invite people to his house to watch newly released anime OVA's on VHS. Friendly, nice, but you were always hesitant to accept because you couldn't tell if he was actually a secret psychopath.

Benjamin Moorehouse is a SAINT!

Szeth

Now that Cup of Jones is figured out and really great, I think making the next one public on the channel just to let everyone know that it exists and what exactly it is might be a good idea. With over 30k subs I'm sure there's some that don't know about it and would be willing to give 1 dollar to the patreon for the extra show. I mean, it couldn't hurt.

Hasney

Now that Cup of Jones is figured out and really great, I think making the next one public on the channel just to let everyone know that it exists and what exactly it is might be a good idea. With over 30k subs I'm sure there's some that don't know about it and would be willing to give 1 dollar to the patreon for the extra show. I mean, it couldn't hurt.

Nah, the intro video Brandon talked about would be better than that to promote it. I'd be perfectly fine with it being public as a one off or something like that, but I've said it before, it's hard to put the genie back in the lamp. It would be a bummer if even 200 people didn't like it and ubsubscribed. It being private means they're sticking to what people paid for.

Now a bonus video of Jones talking about EZA and quickly summarising the key points of the first few videos and saying that if you like this kind of update, you can see it for a buck a month? That could really work and be the best idea.

Szeth

Nah, the intro video Brandon talked about would be better than that to promote it. I'd be perfectly fine with it being public as a one off or something like that, but I've said it before, it's hard to put the genie back in the lamp. It would be a bummer if even 200 people didn't like it and ubsubscribed. It being private means they're sticking to what people paid for.

Now a bonus video of Jones talking about EZA and quickly summarising the key points of the first few videos and saying that if you like this kind of update, you can see it for a buck a month? That could really work and be the best idea.

This is what I meant, make one public so people know it's a thing and what it is. I don't think any patron would get upset at one being public.

Hasney

This is what I meant, make one public so people know it's a thing and what it is. I don't think any patron would get upset at one being public.

Yeah, I know what you meant, but I meant that I don't mind personally. Unfortunately, over 3,000 people is a diverse bunch and some people might be backing for Cup of Jones specifically. Maybe put it up to a poll or something?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Poll would be good, if a few are against it doesn't even have to be the whole episode but I think the whole segment about the stage/office space and what it would mean for Easy Allies should be public.

Szeth

Yeah, I know what you meant, but I meant that I don't mind personally. Unfortunately, over 3,000 people is a diverse bunch and some people might be backing for Cup of Jones specifically. Maybe put it up to a poll or something?

I guess I just don't think 1 episode of a $1 show being public that will then go back to being private indefinitely will matter to any patron, even people backing specifically for Cup of Jones. It just doesn't make sense, what's the downside if you're a patron?

The reward far outweighs the risk here imo.

Poll would be good, if a few are against it doesn't even have to be the whole episode but I think the whole segment about the stage/office space and what it would mean for Easy Allies should be public.

Yeah I guess it doesn't even need to be Cup of Jones specifically, he could make a state of the channel video in the style of Cup of Jones and let the public know the important stuff. I just think the youtube subscribers could use some more info and more reason to back the patreon. Gotta grease those palms.

Kasper

They shouldn't make one of the regular episodes public due to the risk of pissing people off and "breaking" their promise. Lots of people are fickle. In my opinion the best sort of "teaser" for the Cup of Jones episodes that still keeps everyone happy would be to make one bonus episode a month that's a bit wider reaching and calling it something like The Monthly Goblet and in that make sure to pimp the weekly show, so people get continuously reminded of what they're missing out on without any actual episodes being made public.

That shouldn't be too much additional work for Brandon, it's one video a month, and it would give extra content to the Patreon people so they'd be happy, it would give a little taste to the regular viewers so they would be happy plus it would potentially convince some of them to sign up for a dollar or more if they were hesitant about the quality of the content behind the paywall.

Szeth

They shouldn't make one of the regular episodes public due to the risk of pissing people off and "breaking" their promise. Lots of people are fickle. In my opinion the best sort of "teaser" for the Cup of Jones episodes that still keeps everyone happy would be to make one bonus episode a month that's a bit wider reaching and calling it something like The Monthly Goblet and in that make sure to pimp the weekly show, so people get continuously reminded of what they're missing out on without any actual episodes being made public.

That shouldn't be too much additional work for Brandon, it's one video a month, and it would give extra content to the Patreon people so they'd be happy, it would give a little taste to the regular viewers so they would be happy plus it would potentially convince some of them to sign up for a dollar or more if they were hesitant about the quality of the content behind the paywall.

Yeah this would be best case scenario if Brandon has the time. Good idea

Ben is that kid at your high school lunch table who would talk to everyone about recent game reviews and try to invite people to his house to watch newly released anime OVA's on VHS. Friendly, nice, but you were always hesitant to accept because you couldn't tell if he was actually a secret psychopath.

Going to his house and seeing all his Chie wall scrolls would soon answer your suspicions one way or the other.

Kasper

Going to his house and seeing all his Chie wall scrolls would soon answer your suspicions one way or the other.

"This is Chie, she's my waifu"

Ben-Picture.jpg

I love Ben, he's the best <3

Karu

Brandon plays Pokemon is up!
https://youtu.be/dCNnzEWy-1w

1. They played the music in the background. Already best show of everything.
2. Kyle expressing the love for someone else finding love in things he personally doesn't care for is the best of everything, too.
3. The original Pokemon is the best of everything... too.

Brandon Plays Pokemon is my new favourite show and still the best of everything.

Hasney

Kyle is just the best host for discussions in general it seems. He just has that quality that both brings something out of people and contributes something itself.

Hasney

To be fair as well, I listen to a lot of podcasts. The only ones that have survived are Giant Bomb and 8-4 Play and Bosman is the best in the biz. But based on one episode of Frame Trap, EZA have the second best the biz and Ben has no experience. The Company easily has the best two people for the jobs.

Visceir

To be fair as well, I listen to a lot of podcasts. The only ones that have survived are Giant Bomb and 8-4 Play and Bosman is the best in the biz. But based on one episode of Frame Trap, EZA have the second best the biz and Ben has no experience. The Company easily has the best two people for the jobs.

Yeah, those are the ones I've stuck with as well. I've also fallen into a hole of watching overly much Funhaus content lately -- while they're being silly in most of their videos the podcast usually features good and insightful discussion. The recent ones have been more about movies but the last gaming related one was really good, I thought.

It would be interesting to see how Bosman would do hosting something like a GDC event with a room full of people.

I imagine if there's ever an Easy Allies pax panel it would be hosted by Brandon Jones.

Zomba13

Enjoyed Brandon Play Pokémon. Only issue is that because this is his first one and first way of playing he'll miss out on stuff from the physical release. Like the manual that came with the games was super helpful. Had things like the type chart, item descriptions, tips etc. It was great for a first timer and I feel playing this digitally he'll miss out on that and have to rely on things in the game and end up having a worse time because he'll be waiting or wanting some sort of in game cue or explanation where none will be provided. I don't know if the Virtual Console version even comes with an e-manual.

wiibomb

Enjoyed Brandon Play Pokémon. Only issue is that because this is his first one and first way of playing he'll miss out on stuff from the physical release. Like the manual that came with the games was super helpful. Had things like the type chart, item descriptions, tips etc. It was great for a first timer and I feel playing this digitally he'll miss out on that and have to rely on things in the game and end up having a worse time because he'll be waiting or wanting some sort of in game cue or explanation where none will be provided. I don't know if the Virtual Console version even comes with an e-manual.

it comes with a manual, but probably he don't ever see it, even if he got the physical release since he has little time now with the EZA work.

Philippo

This is making me want to play pkmn sooo bad!

Also i don't get Rule #2: he only gets to the 2nd gym and then stop?

Oh and #TeamKyle

Oh man, i just remembered the manual! So many memories...

Visceir

None of that will really matter if he is overleveled though. Game can't be all that difficult if TwitchPlaysPokemon got through it.

This is making me want to play pkmn sooo bad!

Also i don't get Rule #2: he only gets to the 2nd gym and then stop?

Probably to space out the discussion and show. The rule is he is allowed to only progress 2 gym badges per week in addition to the previous ones.

Tankard

Did Brandon ever comment if "Brandon Plays" is gonna be specific to Pokemon or is it gonna be a series where he plays "must play" games that he didn't before and then discusses it with EZA guys fans of said series?

Burt

Charizard is a gangly dinosaur with a beer belly

Blastoise's cannons are cheating and/or he's secretly a robot

Bow down and recognize Venusaur as your one true lord and savior

praise the solar

Zomba13

Charizard is a gangly dinosaur with a beer belly

Blastoise's cannons are cheating and/or he's secretly a robot

Bow down and recognize Venusaur as your one true lord and savior

praise the solar

Doesn't that make Blastoise the one true king? Either he's part robot (which is awesome) or he's bringing guns to Pokémon fight which shows he's smart and a great leader.

Venusaur is just a big ugly plant. That probably smells bad.

Burt

Doesn't that make Blastoise the one true king? Either he's part robot (which is awesome) or he's bringing guns to Pokémon fight which shows he's smart and a great leader.

Venusaur is just a big ugly plant. That probably smells bad.

Robot filth

Firearm filth

Take your pick

Venusaur's allllll natural, baby

And yeah, sometimes that means coming with a pungent fragrance

13randO

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom