• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone reviews Battleborne. Just cause they have given the game so much shit for so long it kinda deserves a fair trial when all is said and done.

It'll prolly end up being bad.

blamite

I'm surprised there wasn't a vote for the net Dumb Game Monday today. Unless there's a ton of replaying levels, it seems like Power Rangers could easily be finished tonight.

ito007

I hope someone reviews Battleborne. Just cause they have given the game so much shit for so long it kinda deserves a fair trial when all is said and done.

It'll prolly end up being bad.
Me too. At this point it needs the critical eye after all the drive by bashes it gets. That being said I played the open beta and just don't feel it'll get a great review from them, so it might be redundant lol

Overall Battleborn has super low hype going for it considering the studio for what I have seen and good old Randy trying his best to sell it by reminding us that it's from the guys that made Borderlands :(.

I have no idea if the game is good or not, I don't follow it and haven't tried the beta but it would be a shame if it actually ends up being a decend game and it gets buried by the total apathy it has going for it.

Tankard

The Allies are pretty anti Borderlands and pro Blizzard.
So there was no chance for Battleborn once Overwatch was revealed.

About that i know, what i was asking was about two different people saying Battleborne with an "e". I thought it could be some joke about the game and Bloodborne, apparently just a typo then.

Mikey Jr.

About that i know, what i was asking was about two different people saying Battleborne with an "e". I thought it could be some joke about the game and Bloodborne, apparently just a typo then.

I think they just hate battleborne. Yeah, they aren't fans of borderlands and its humour.

Tankard

I think they just hate battleborne. Yeah, they aren't fans of borderlands and its humour.

And neither am I to be honest.
I think Borderlands is my personal big "I don't understand how people love this so much" game. But i think Battleborn is being seen this way by basically everyone, it just feels like a game that it's way too late to the party and doesn't have personality like Overwatch.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Finally found the time to watch Frame Trap and Easy Update. So, so good. It's awesome how we get to know a bit more about them with this podcast, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with that kind of opinion on Borderlands. It just feels like they thought it would be great and appealing to crank up to 11 that kind of 'humour'.

Kyle and Ian are just so awesome together. That game was entertaining. I wonder what Ian will do for this week's Update. Anyway that Don part was just amazing haha, I was expecting a meatier section of that. But it's bacon, so it's all fat.
And it was delicious as well. I want to eat bacon.

luchadork

And neither am I to be honest.
I think Borderlands is my personal big "I don't understand how people love this so much" game. But i think Battleborn is being seen this way by basically everyone, it just feels like a game that it's way too late to the party and doesn't have personality like Overwatch.

borderlands is an fps shooter with diablo style loot and highly customisable gameplay via rpg mechanics with 4 player coop, splitscreen or online. it has a lot of content included out of the box plus stellar dlc. its got raids and bosses and hidden stuff all through it like an mmo. theyve created a pretty awesome and consistent universe for borderlands.

for battleborn, i wish theyd focused more on this than the hit or miss humour. they caught a lot of crap for it in 2 and presequel and seemed to have doubled down on it for battleborn in terms of communicating what it is rather than focus on the gameplay mechanics, the customisation, and 'jolly cooperation' that i personally think is what made borderlands so well liked.

i'm a huge borderlands fan and am pretty sure i was one of the only people hyped for battleborn. but after playing the beta, there is a lot wrong with it, with the humour honestly not being my main concern but rather the visual clutter and complex learning curve.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
i'm a huge borderlands fan and am pretty sure i was one of the only people hyped for battleborn. but after playing the beta, there is a lot wrong with it, with the humour honestly not being my main concern but rather the visual clutter and complex learning curve.

More complex than Eve's? EDIT: Although I've read they've made it more accesible for newbies, so the graph it's bound for an update.

jj16ThL.jpg

Burt

Man, I missed out on all the stuff this week and just catching up right now. Frame Trap was fantastic. Tabletop was fantastic. The streams are all fantastic (can finally watch DS3!). So happy to support these guys, really brings me back up after a long day.

Haven't watched 'NOT MY BABY BOY" yet, but expectations are high, and the title has me intrigued.

mishakoz

How much will it be for everyone to work full-time?

Brandon: 200k a month

Not going to start talking finances again, but I really hope that number was just made up. I can't imagine how that makes sense.

Edit: I don't want to get into a discussion, just a little confused and disheartened

Not going to start talking finances again, but I really hope that number was just made up. I can't imagine how that makes sense.

Edit: I don't want to get into a discussion, just a little confused and disheartened

And that's exactly why the discussion is counterproductive. Most people here have no idea what is needed to run a company, and more specifically: their company, both in terms of work and money. It's better to just let them handle all that stuff while we obsess over the content they create.

VanWinkle

The 200k a month figure doesn't make any sense to me, though granted I know next to nothing about business.

Let's just say hypothetically that business expenses are $30,000 a month at a point where they're using a studio and employing all of them, which SEEMS really high to me for a company of nine people in this sort of business. Divide the rest up among the nine members, and that leaves them each with $226k a year before taxes. That seems incredibly high for this job position. I don't know. Help me out understanding this, businessGAF.

It's all hypothetical anyway. Not really something we have to concern ourselves too much with. I'm enjoying the content we're getting and looking forward to more editorial stuff.

(Edit: just ignore the above content of this post, because I can't question it if I don't know anything about running a business. But, I would love if somebody who knows what they're talking about could help me understand how $200k a month is realistic for 9 full-time positions.)

Sounds about right for a small business. It's not just every bodies incomes, There's a LOT, I mean A LOT of overhead when it comes to running a business.

SeanTSC

Sounds about right for a small business. It's not just every bodies incomes, There's a LOT, I mean A LOT of overhead when it comes to running a business.

Yeah. Leasing an office space or building. Taxes. Whatever utilities you end up with - Water, Power, Sewage, Heat, Internet. Healthcare. Taxes. Compound that all by them living in California, one of the most ridiculously expensive places ever.

That number's more "this is what it would take to run a full time company in a real space" vs just employing the 9 of them "full time."

RiverKwai

Yeah. Leasing an office space or building. Taxes. Whatever utilities you end up with - Water, Power, Sewage, Heat, Internet. Healthcare. Taxes. Compound that all by them living in California, one of the most ridiculously expensive places ever.

That number's more "this is what it would take to run a full time company in a real space" vs just employing the 9 of them "full time."

Liability, damage, accidental death and dismemberment, fire, life insurance, medical benefit, vacation and sick time, maintenance, legal/bookeeping/tax prep, state and local business taxes, fees, and licenses, etc.

mishakoz

And that's exactly why the discussion is counterproductive. Most people here have no idea what is needed to run a company, and more specifically: their company, both in terms of work and money. It's better to just let them handle all that stuff while we obsess over the content they create.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean I don't understand how business works. I do, and that's why I can't imagine where those costs come from.

It sounds like Brandon really wants to make the studio happen though. I really hope to see that happen.

Edit: I can tell you the company I work for earns less than 200k a month and employs about 14 people, most full time. 200k a month is a lot of money. A LOT. I don't want to say more than that because, like others have wisely said, at this point talking about it accomplishes nothing. I'm here to hope for the best and enjoy the content.

That said, I think the worry everyone has is that if they are not full-time, the content will suffer and people might break off. And no one wants that.

SeanTSC

Liability, damage, accidental death and dismemberment, fire, life insurance, medical benefit, vacation and sick time, maintenance, legal/bookeeping/tax prep, state and local business taxes, fees, and licenses, etc.

And there's probably at least half a dozen more things on top of what we both listed!

Hasney

Hopefully that stops any other silly business discussions in the future. They're never going all full time. Deal with it and make your peace.

y9I8672.gif

Burt

Is wrestling the best?

I've never watched wrestling before

But I did watch Frame Trap

And between that and that gif, I think wrestling might be the best.

Hasney

Is wrestling the best?

I've never watched wrestling before

But I did watch Frame Trap

And between that and that gif, I think wrestling might be the best.

Yes... Sometimes.

JVioNe8.gif

Huber pretty much is the Macho Man of game journalism with the way he talks sometimes. Minus the cocaine.

luchadork

I'm not going to get into the full time financials talk again. Its really not helpful to speculate about that sort of stuff. But BJ did mention hopefully getting 4 people full time... so... let the speculation begin!!!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to get into the full time financials talk again. Its really not helpful to speculate about that sort of stuff. But BJ did mention hopefully getting 4 people full time... so... let the speculation begin!!!

Yeah, that has me curious. However, since these are people's jobs/careers, I'm going to avoid speculation and just patiently wait for an announcement.

Hopefully everyone ends up financially secure and happy. :)

Hopefully having 4 people full time doesn't lessen the contributions of the others. I like the group dynamic they have now.

Is Jones Plays Pokémon a twitch stream or a show?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Cup of Jones made it sound like it was a show and that it was already up, but I've seen or heard nothing about this except for his brief and somewhat vague mention. Looking forward to it though, particularly since I myself had my first encounter with a Pokémon game only last month.

Hasney

One thing from Cup Of Jones everyone should know: They're doing the madness the same as last year. Conference streams and all that jazz!

Is Jones Plays Pokémon a twitch stream or a show?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Cup of Jones made it sound like it was a show and that it was already up, but I've seen or heard nothing about this except for his brief and somewhat vague mention. Looking forward to it though, particularly since I myself had my first encounter with a Pokémon game only last month.

It's a show, just being cut at the moment AFAIK. He started playing it LIVE while Bloodworth was playing F Zero, but the actual chatting about Pokemon is a weekly pre-recorded thing.

Great username and avatar. Sorry, just had to say that.

On topic: Up the Allies!

It's a show, just being cut at the moment AFAIK. He started playing it LIVE while Bloodworth was playing F Zero, but the actual chatting about Pokemon is a weekly pre-recorded thing.

Awesome! I'm going to have to dig up the F-Zero stream and watch it now. :)

Great username and avatar. Sorry, just had to say that.

Heh, thanks! One of my favorite characters from a graphic novel, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom