• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

So is it just me or does a young Donald Trump look exactly like Kyle Bosman?
q6A4lff.jpg

Maybe if Kyle was stuck in perennial duck face.

Tankard

They are taking donations/tips now on Twitch. I don't know if it was already there but i only realized it now watching Dumb Game Monday archive.

Lexad

The $20 stream was so great. I missed out on it studying for the gmat but I crushed it yesterday so it was worth it. Looking forward to the next one

I was hoping to catch Brandon Plays Pokemon before I went to bed, definitely my favourite thing on the channel at the moment.

Oh well I'll watch it at work tomorrow~

Kyle did a mini trailer score for the new CoD trailer at the end of dumb game mondays. Probably won't be included in the youtube upload so watch it on twitch.

Screw Twitch, this kinda stuff shouldn't be left to be forgotten there.
https://youtu.be/iimVXcOIotw

Kinda short and sweet, but it was cool to see him do it again. Hope Kyle does more like he said he might.
Still don't buy the excuses from Cup of Jones on why they can't do trailer score anymore. Nonsense about not working in an office to just grab guys and do it or not having access to all the trailers anymore.
How hard is it to get a few allies on a Tuesday to watch the weeks biggest trailers and then score them? ..especially now with E3 season revving up.

Kinda short and sweet, but it was cool to see him do it again. Hope Kyle does more like he said he might.
Still don't buy the excuses from Cup of Jones on why they can't do trailer score anymore. Nonsense about not working in an office to just grab guys and do it or not having access to all the trailers anymore.
How hard is it to get a few allies on a Tuesday to watch the weeks biggest trailers and then score them? ..especially now with E3 season revving up.
His reasoning is that they'd do them as soon as they dropped. So in theory no one has had time to fully digest/discuss and air their thoughts on camera

If they wait a week and everyone has discussed it and it's sort of old news at that point there's not a whole lot they can add to what's already been analyzed/discussed to death

I'd watch em but that's where he's coming from

Hasney

So yeah, guys let me know if anything else of substance doesn't make it onto their YT channels for whatever reason and I'll up it to my channel. There are way too many streams to keep up with for me to know.

PMing me here would be best.

Even this I wouldn't have known to upload if I hadn't caught a post talking about it possibly not going to be on their YT archive.

I've pretty much caught everything else that hasn't made it up so far on an EZA Unarchived channel so it's in a dedicated space, a lot of it being Brad playing Overwatch, a couple of Ben streams and the Wrestlemania hype stream that flagged ContentID because of the old Raw theme.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2T3byl4ArPm_dLzTWLQc7Q

His reasoning is that they'd do them as soon as they dropped. So in theory no one has had time to fully digest/discuss and air their thoughts on camera

If they wait a week and everyone has discussed it and it's sort of old news at that point there's not a whole lot they can add to what's already been analyzed/discussed to death

I'd watch em but that's where he's coming from

That was the formula for Let's all go the trailers for over 2 years...

The idea of Dumb Game Monday is fun, but kyle should really hand-pick games that are forgotten but with a real possibility of being any good. I guess that that's part of the joke and from there comes the fascination of discovering the good game coming out from underneath the cheap packaging it's wrapped inside. In fact Blood warned Kyle that G-Force could actually be a good budget game, and it was engrossing.

Otherwise the chat will always pick the very worst because of the 'lulz...

Power Rangers was hard to watch.

KeRaSh

Did Kyle say anything about not doing Bosman vs Wozniak last week? I'm feeling the withdrawal. Is there a VC version for the 3DS in the Nintendo Shop? Im right in between games right now (DS3 to UC4) so I went back to my go to game for when I have nothing else to play (A Link to the Past the GOAT). Might as well play some Tetris in between sessions.

Hasney

The idea of Dumb Game Monday is fun, but kyle should really hand-pick games that are forgotten but with a real possibility of being any good. I guess that that's part of the joke and from there comes the fascination of discovering the good game coming out from underneath the cheap packaging it's wrapped inside. In fact Blood warned Kyle that G-Force could actually be a good budget game, and it was engrossing.

Grandma doesn't always give you the game that even has potential, just picks up some game. Loved Power Rangers, Kyle braking down and saying "how dare you" while laughing because he realised he'd have to get the secrets by playing co-op with himself.

Did Kyle say anything about not doing Bosman vs Wozniak last week? I'm feeling the withdrawal. Is there a VC version for the 3DS in the Nintendo Shop? Im right in between games right now (DS3 to UC4) so I went back to my go to game for when I have nothing else to play (A Link to the Past the GOAT). Might as well play some Tetris in between sessions.

It's on the schedule for Thursday. Annoyingly, Tetris VC was pulled from the 3DS eShop last year. Think it was when UbiSoft got the license.

KeRaSh

It's on the schedule for Thursday. Annoyingly, Tetris VC was pulled from the 3DS eShop last year. Think it was when UbiSoft got the license.

God damnit Ubisoft... What's the best way to get a "proper" Tetris without Hold or any shenanigans on the 3DS legitimately? Is there even a way now?

Hasney

God damnit Ubisoft... What's the best way to get a "proper" Tetris without Hold or any shenanigans on the 3DS legitimately? Is there even a way now?

Not really. Tetris DS is the best one that will now run on a 3DS, but that's got hold, a long list of what's coming next and spinning in place to keep the drop happening without dying.

MrMette

Is it possible to play gameboy cartridges on a 3DS (I don't have one, so I am not sure).
I know the older DS and gameboy versions were backwards compatible with each other, but maybe this is not true for the 3DS.

If this does work, I guess I guess the only way is by buying a copy of the original GB game somewhere second hand. But I would make sure you can play those on a 3DS first.

edit:
I guess it doesn't work the more I search for it (https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110415160705AAp8EFT). I did not even check if there was a slot for the cartridge, I guess I should have done that first.
That's a real bummer then. I still have my original cartridge and my original gameboy (and gameboy pocket where I would play it on), but I am not even sure they work anymore (they should).
It is idiotic that Ubisoft let them remove it from the store if that was the only way to play it.

edit2:
An other way is using the original cartridge and a system like a Retron 5 or some older gameboy, but that will get quite expensive.

Hasney

Is it possible to play gameboy cartridges on a 3DS (I don't have one, so I am not sure).
I know the older DS and gameboy versions were backwards compatible with each other, but maybe this is not true for the 3DS.

If this does work, I guess I guess the only way is by buying a copy of the original GB game somewhere second hand. But I would make sure you can play those on a 3DS first.

Its not, no. They got rid of the GBA slot from the DSi onwards, so 3DS just takes DS and 3DS carts.

Now, if one were to homebrew a 3DS and buy a GB cart to feel OL about emulating it like Kyle does, that could be fine.

Umibozu

Not really. Tetris DS is the best one that will now run on a 3DS, but that's got hold, a long list of what's coming next and spinning in place to keep the drop happening without dying.
There is also tetris axis that was made by hudsonsoft for the 3ds that was supposed to be good. I think it was the last game hudsonsoft made before Konami shut them down.

Hasney

There is also tetris axis that was made by hudsonsoft for the 3ds that was supposed to be good. I think it was the last game hudsonsoft made before Konami shut them down.

Sweet, never tried that one but I knew it was taken off the eShop at the same time, but now Googling tells me that it was also a retail game and that it looks very similar to Tetris DS (4 item queue shown and hold function). Might have to see if I can grab that cheap somewhere.

EDIT: No wonder I never saw it, it's straight up just called Tetris here.

wiibomb

dAYlF0U.jpg

Good times with good allies. Thanks to the crew for letting me hangout today.

awww man... that's so good

one of my dreams would be to fly one day to US to LA and take a photo with the Allies..

---

ohhh nooooooouuuu... how frightening Kyle looks in that photo (it's like he's not refusing dat trump legacy)

Tankard

I think i understand Dumb Game Monday very differently than you. The message Kyle gets across is that you should imagine your grandma gifting you a game that she thinks it's cool but it's not the COD you expected and probably one of the cheapest ones she found at Gamestop, and you have the mission to play and try to love it.
He is not trying to pick only good forgotten games, he is trying to love even the really bad ones like Powers Rangers. The struggle was fun to watch for me.

Lexad

Their Tuesday's are stacked as is.

So is there no cup of jones this week period? I thought it was just delayed for the community video

Auctopus

I think i understand Dumb Game Monday very differently than you. The message Kyle gets across is that you should imagine your grandma gifting you a game that she thinks it's cool but it's not the COD you expected and probably one of the cheapest ones she found at Gamestop, and you have the mission to play and try to love it.
He is not trying to pick only good forgotten games, he is trying to love even the really bad ones like Powers Rangers. The struggle was fun to watch for me.

Kasper

It's good to see that the Patreon has creeped back up over 36k. I wonder how many of the 37k never intended to pay a dime, and how many were caught by the obtuse payment errors on the site.

Tsosie

It's good to see that the Patreon has creeped back up over 36k. I wonder how many of the 37k never intended to pay a dime, and how many were caught by the obtuse payment errors on the site.

I have a quick question. Based on what you say it sounds like people can pledge, get their free content,unsubsr, and then just resubscribe after payment is collected. Is that true? If it is, that is a poor design decision on Patreons part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom