• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Brandon Plays Pokemon is always a lot of fun *^*. Definitely one of the highlights of my week. It's always interesting to see a fresh take on the series considering most of us played the game when we were kids :p

Huber's back to the right amount of jolly n hype! really enjoyed the ep. and lol at the cameo. i had no idea the rachet movie's been out

LycanXIII

I actually haven't watched Cup of Jones yet so now I am preparing myself to feel dumb when I do watch it later tonight. Thanks for the answers
It's cool haha. She's such a chill dog in the video podcasts. Huber can be loud, and she just lays there without moving. Must be used to it haha.

Zojirushi

Has Kyle realized yet that he needs to put the Tetris gap in the middle instead of trying to mash it out trying to get the long pieces all the way to the sides?

Visceir

Man Brandon Plays Pokemon is always a lot of fun *^*. Definitely one of the highlights of my week. It's always interesting to see a fresh take on the series considering most of us played the game when we were kids :p

Felt like booting up Pokemon red today and playing along. Last pokemon game I played was Pokemon Silver.

About 6 hours in now and I've somewhat caught up, just got the third badge.

My main pokemon are
Wartortle lvl 26 -- with bubblebeam learned from TM
Pidgeotte lvl 26
Kadabra lvl 28 -- with bodyslam learned from TM

Hope I can find a cool plant/fire type pokemon soon.

Has Kyle realized yet that he needs to put the Tetris gap in the middle instead of trying to mash it out trying to get the long pieces all the way to the sides?

He is aware of that strategy and tried using it, but I don't think he knew exactly why people used that strategy.

KeRaSh

Bosman: "There's no place to put it."

YFvzGV7.png

*covers up the well*

Why not just put it right where I took the screenshot instead? Moments like that drive me nuts. I know he sometimes has to cover up the well but I think he does it way more often than necessary.

Why use escape ropes when you can just pass out?

:/

Also Jones schooling Kyle about only traded Pokémon disobey unworthy trainers. That annoyed me last episode, glad Jones found that out. Shocked Kyle didn't know it.

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
Bosman: "There's no place to put it."

YFvzGV7.png

*covers up the well*

Why not just put it right where I took the screenshot instead? Moments like that drive me nuts. I know he sometimes has to cover up the well but I think he does it way more often than necessary.

If you put that S straight down, the box would have to go right next to it, and then you have a very ugly situation if a Z or a J shows up, and a regular ugly situation if it's another box or another S. It's mostly about what's happening in the far left.

I'm aware of the reasoning behind splitting the well, but I think that method requires you you to burn more lines than necessary. Eventually I'll get there in the later levels, but I don't think it's the optimized solution from the start.

That said, if you all are secret Tetris pros I am very willing to heed your advice. I need to beat Woz

If you put that S straight down, the box would have to go right next to it, and then you have a very ugly situation if a Z or a J shows up, and a regular ugly situation if it's another box or another S. It's mostly about what's happening in the far left.

I'm aware of the reasoning behind splitting the well, but I think that method requires you you to burn more lines than necessary. Eventually I'll get there in the later levels, but I don't think it's the optimized solution from the start.

That said, if you all are secret Tetris pros I am very willing to heed your advice. I need to beat Woz

Everyone is a secret Tetris pro inside.

sora87

Ben's streams are certainly lacking in that 15-20fps homely vibe now.
j/k nice smooth stream ben.

So, Vanquish and Binary Domain full playthroughs next eh? ;)

wiibomb

oh yeah...

the last thing in Brandon Plays Pokemon is a battle between kyle and brandon..

I would totally love to see that, in fact.. I want a bet about it!!

I'm so excited to think about the things Brandon will discover.. I mean, he doesn't know about the pokemon tower!!!

Kneefoil

Seeing as Johnny is so overleveled right now, and will only get stronger, I wouldn't be surprised if he swept Kyle's team by just spamming Slash.

LeleSocho

Banned
kudos to Jones for giving love to Sophie in the podcast
I swear everytime i see the podcast i want to teleport there and pet Sophie all the times forever and ever.

wiibomb

Seeing as Johnny is so overleveled right now, and will only get stronger, I wouldn't be surprised if he swept Kyle's team by just spamming Slash.

I don't remember well, but didn't the colosseum set the level of all pokemon to lv 50? if not, Kyle needs to lv up his pokemon for a match with brandon, at least they need to be the same level across all pokemon

Kyle thinking there is a place called "Dark Tunnel" and that Rock Tunnel is later on cracked me up. Either that or he misspoke, still funny.

Also Kyle (who hates that everything after Generation II has been a "save the world by fighting a legendary pokemon that Team Evil of the Week tried to congtrol" plot) holding in his rage that Brandon expects that to happen with Team Rocket.

Also I hope Brandon is grindy enough that he keeps Wormtail until the end. Also don't tell him about
Focus Energy
, maybe he'll have a placebo effect and think it actually helps XD

I enjoyed Brandon guess to what Pokemon Tower was, but then in Generation II they clear out all the dead bodies and make it into a radio broadcasting tower.... what? I hope that Marowak still haunts those DJs for revenge.

Auctopus

If the person who asked the "Story" question on Love & Respect is on this thread, Bravo. Really well worded and thought out.

Giever

I don't remember well, but didn't the colosseum set the level of all pokemon to lv 50? if not, Kyle needs to lv up his pokemon for a match with brandon, at least they need to be the same level across all pokemon

I think it only lowers their levels to a maximum of 50, but if you have anyone below 50 they stay at that level. Could easily be wrong, but that's what I recall.

Sami+

Damn, Kyle missed the tet of the tets in his best run on BvW 5, it was a heartbreaker.

oof. 🗿 feels bad man, BvW has become my favorite streamed show because of how invested I get LOL. I think Brandon Plays Pokemon is my favorite weekly show now haha.

wiibomb

I think it only lowers their levels to a maximum of 50, but if you have anyone below 50 they stay at that level. Could easily be wrong, but that's what I recall.

yeah, I think I read that when I looked for info on them before playing.

in that case there is nothing to worry, most pokemon should be at lv 50 or beyond when the game is finished

kudos to Jones for giving love to Sophie in the podcast
I swear everytime i see the podcast i want to teleport there and pet Sophie all the times forever and ever.

I've always been a dog lover and Sophie is honestly the best dog I've ever met. She's so well behaved and adorable. Best ally.

Kneefoil

I don't actually know. I don't think I've ever actually done any multiplayer battles in Game Boy Pokémon games - only trades. I think you can set all levels to 50 or below in newer games, but on the other hand, IIRC, you couldn't do that in Pokémon Stadiums 1 & 2 if you brought your Pokémon from the Game Boy games, so it could be either way as far as I know.

most pokemon should be at lv 50 or beyond when the game is finished
Eh, I don't find that very likely to be honest, especially on Brandon's team. They can of course always grind to level 50. Jones seems to enjoy grinding at least.

mishakoz

Kyle thinking there is a place called "Dark Tunnel" and that Rock Tunnel is later on cracked me up. Either that or he misspoke, still funny.

Also Kyle (who hates that everything after Generation II has been a "save the world by fighting a legendary pokemon that Team Evil of the Week tried to congtrol" plot) holding in his rage that Brandon expects that to happen with Team Rocket.

Also I hope Brandon is grindy enough that he keeps Wormtail until the end. Also don't tell him about
Focus Energy
, maybe he'll have a placebo effect and think it actually helps XD

I enjoyed Brandon guess to what Pokemon Tower was, but then in Generation II they clear out all the dead bodies and make it into a radio broadcasting tower.... what? I hope that Marowak still haunts those DJs for revenge.

Lot of errors from Kyle this week. Gonna need some corrections music.

1) Jones went through Rock Tunnel without flash, not dark tunnel. The hallway place is the underground road. Regardless this is an impressive feat

2) only traded Pokemon can ever disobey.

3) vermilion not viridian

4) great balls and ultra balls, no super balls

5) Kyle didn't bring up diglett cave at all.

(I'm being super nitpicky)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
How is it so hard to find people discussing the new Persona 5 news on the internet....
(Beastcast didn't really go into anything, Axe of the Bloodgod was recorded before the event, Airship is MIA)
Frametrap can't come soon enough y_y

Zomba13

Watching the podcast now (I'm a stinky non-patreon backer :( ) and they are discussing Nintendo's E3 plans and then Kyle says "I assume in their presentation, their E3 direct or something, will have more games" and I'm just >.< If only you knew! If only this was recorded today and not in the past!

Rockk

How is Brandon going to find out that Machamp needs to be traded to evolve unless Kyle tells him? Hmmm.

There are some NPCs in the Department store that talks about trade evolutions. I don't know if anyone specifically mentions needing to trade Machamp though. Brandon might be able to guess by the Elite Four and he still hasn't evolved.

Vinc

Brandon plays Pokemon and Bosman v Wozniak are the greatest new shows. The high stakes really help me be invested in the streams, which I'm not usually the biggest fan of.

Did Ben talk about P5 at all on his Asura's Wrath Stream? I forgot and came in late and was hoping to hear his opinion? Is he saving it for Frame Trap? :p
Ben did an Astra's Wrath stream ?!?!?!?! I've been asking both him and Huber about it in chat whenever I got a chance. I missed him doing one lol?!

KeRaSh

Oh wow! I didn't expect to get a response from The Bos himself! :D
I'm sorry for being an armchair quarterback (is that a thing in english?). I am leagues beneath you when it comes to Tetris. I'm nowhere near the level at which I can anticipate potential scenarios based on the current landscape but your streams inspired me to put in some practice. The only part where I'd surely have you beat would be mashing the D-Pad with my left hand. :p
It's just so frustrating to see you struggle through line droughts for so long until you finally give in and cover the well just for a line to show up within the next two pieces. You missing that one final Tet during your best run from the latest stream was soul crushing!

BvW is without a doubt my favorite EZA content at the moment. Keep up the great work. We're all rooting for you!
Just practice D-Pad mashing a little more and you can do it!

openrob

I know bosman is just gonna be really mean and spam a load of status attacks like paralyze/poison and use crap like wrap and confusion.

Brandon is leveled up hard though so it should be fun.

So I've been catching up on Tabletop Escapades this week and it was starting to bug me that how I imagined Yogalla in my mind's eye had a striking familiarity to someone. I was getting the face from somewhere.

Then, today, Radiohead released their new music video.

radioheads-thom-yorke-daydreaming-video.jpg

Older Thom Yorke is Yogalla. Cannot unsee.

Chuck

Still without luck
As much as I liked the podcast, the opening music is just awful. Surly they have a fan that can make something rad.

Chuck

Still without luck
Maybe I should have prefaced with how I hate chiptune music. And more specifically, retro sounding music in a new video game podcast. Bleh.

Heartfyre

oh yeah...

I'm so excited to think about the things Brandon will discover.. I mean, he doesn't know about the pokemon tower!!!

You make an excellent point. When this series ends, it could end in a friendly exhibition match between two colleagues, allies, and friends...or it could be a white-knuckle, teeth-bared fight against rivals Jones and Kyle, with odds on the line! Maybe Kyle wins and gets to choose Jones' drinking vessel for the following week, or maybe Jones wins and has Kyle write a review for GameBoy Tetris. I hope they decide to make the resulting match(es) more interesting by placing a couple of bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom