• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

Got no qualms with Ben's untied shoelaces but I can't deal with Huber putting his feet on a new couch while wearing shoes. Is that normal in america? You bunch of animals.

Hasney

Big thanks to Brad and Huber for somehow inspiring me to do this....

Ch4K5xEWsAAnldG.jpg

Now, unlike Ben, time for a deletion on purpose.

EDIT: Oh, and big shout out to Capcom for that creatively named trophy.

X-Factor

Why are Easy Allies' reviews not on METACRITIC yet? You could include the transcript for your reviews in the youtube description.

Being on Metacritic would be a good way to get exposure and draw in more audiences.

Tankard

Why are Easy Allies' reviews not on METACRITIC yet? You could include the transcript for your reviews in the youtube description.

Being on Metacritic would be a good way to get exposure and draw in more audiences.

Brandon said in some stream getting into metacritic takes a long time.

Kneefoil

I wonder how much sites like Metacritic, GameRankings, OpenCritic, etc. actually help reaching a new audience. Without a doubt it does affect a bit, but I remember the peeps at Eurogamer saying that they didn't really see a noticeable difference in page views when they dropped the X/10 scoring system and were no longer allowed their reviews on those sites. I don't think they ever revealed any hard numbers though.

I don't think metacritic makes hardly any difference in terms of exposure. What it does effect is how quickly publishers send games. Sites effecting metacritic will often get games earlier. since early supply is limited, it's just a matter of priorities.

As mentioned though it does take time. Even Open Critic has required number of reviews we'll have to meet before they start listing us. So we may take a little more time on some reviews for now, but we're not really sweating it. We're more focused on making good reviews than rushing toward embargo.

I don't think metacritic makes hardly any difference in terms of exposure. What it does effect is how quickly publishers send games. Sites effecting metacritic will often get games earlier. since early supply is limited, it's just a matter of priorities.

As mentioned though it does take time. Even Open Critic has required number of reviews we'll have to meet before they start listing us. So we may take a little more time on some reviews for now, but we're not really sweating it. We're more focused on making good reviews than rushing toward embargo.

I love that you guys can take your time with the reviews, one of the main benefits of the Patreon in my opinion. I would even love the occasional retro review if anyone would be willing to do them, eg. the original Deus Ex in the lead up to Mankind Divided.

RiverKwai

Don's Discount Gaming was amazing.

Originally, I thought this was an ok show where Don Casanova reviews cheap thrift store games he buys on a budget of only $2. Similar maybe in tone and execution to "dumb game Monday" which you can see Kyle Bosman stream on the Easy Allies Twitch channel or archived on Easy Allies Plays Youtube channel. Which the first part kind of is...But here's the game changer, Don then turns around and SELLS the games for a profit to a not-at-all-shady backdoor dealing Ebay merchant that looks to be operating out of a jolly shipping container office. This instantly bumps my respect for Don Casanova up to Hustler level: 7.8

The video and audio appear to be slightly out of sync, really lending the whole mis-en-scene an air of street-level grit not seen since the early 70's exploitation films, such as Dolemite, and Dolemite II: The Human Tornado. Truly a gift that I'll treasure unwrapping time and time again. Keep them coming!

Thanks Don, and Thanks Easy Allies!

Umibozu

Watching TTE this week got me to go back and do a newgame+ run of crimson shroud to get the good ending. Now I beat it and I want to get some friends to do some d&d myself. :(

Also enjoyed don's new show, it was really good and feels like one of those A&E reality shows.

dickroach

any EZBeauTBoyz that have steam wanna Rocket League code? I need a cool doubles partner

edit: pm me. i know it's l8. i totally want a rocket league buddy tho

dickroach

Need more Don please. Use some of that budget and get him a mic too haha.

him not using a legit mic in the caris awesome for the canon of "Discount"
he clearly post-production'd/used a legit mic for most of the episode. I didn't think the audio was shitty(?)

me said:
any EZBeauTBoyz that are on PC wanna Rocket League code? I need a cool doubles partner

edit: pm me. i know it's l8. i totally want a rocket league buddy tho

I need more of Don in my life! Great first episode.
Ian's latest vid was also great!

Seriously you guys, we are not worthy of some much goodness.
RlINlgo.gif

Hasney

I don't know how I feel about this haha

For the skills trophy, I had to grind out points and apparently, the easiest way was to play through Chris chapter 5-1 repeatedly to get to the room with the levers to bring out the chrysalids and get points from them. I ran it about 20 times.

I'm never going to be able to get "Piers, I've got some more blades in the way" out of my head any time I see a giant fan. Not sure if that helps what you should feel :lol

dickroach

"This is a limited run of episodes to begin with, so we can see if you take to it. I'm very grateful for all of your support and wish you all good times ahead!"

if you're on the Patreon plz log on and comment/like that post. I want so many more of these.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the Don thing is he going to trade up towards more and more expensive entertainment or is he going to stay around the 1 dollar range and try to turn a profit on that?

I think the former would be pretty hilarious.

Wow, leave it to Don to give me something that I never realized I wanted until now. Great stuff^^ While not the volume yet, the quality of these shows are reaching GT levels for me already. Cannot wait for E3!^^

KJRS_1993

Watched the Don thing is he going to trade up towards more and more expensive entertainment

That would be absolutely amazing if he started from the Mall Tycoon and Dog game and traded his way up to building his own supercharged VR ready PC over the years.

If anyone could succeed in that challenge, it would be Don.

dickroach

It seems like he already had a few in the well, but ya that does sound awesome

Like and comment on the video and on the patreon. Need more

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Also wanted to say since it seems like Don has a few of these already done I wanted to fully voice my support on EZA doing some stuff that way.

As long as we get the podcast weekly + Frametrap regularly I'm super fine with them experimenting on show ideas/etc.

Like not everything needs to be weekly. Maybe they want to produce something in advance to its full conclusion first and then do a Netflix or stagger the release I would totally support that.

But they're probably aware already.

I didn't enjoy Don's new show as much as his previous one, because I'm not a fan of these reality TV type of shows and that format (at least I think it's based on one of those).

That said, I'm so incredibly happy do have Don back with his own show. As a matter of fact, I still can't believe his name is Don Casanova. How fucking badass is that. When he first appeared on Mandatory Update as a PI, I thought it was a made-up name and character. It's just so damn perfect.

Again, just so happy to see Don again. I'm not even sure I want to know how he knows that perfectly trustworthy Ebay-Guy and why he still got a PC running Windows XP. I don't need to know that stuff. All it matters is that I do now and that it makes perfect sense.

sora87

Don's show looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. What an interesting man he is.
Wish we'd get more Trials or Mario Maker stuff but I bet that's a nightmare to edit.

Brandon plays pokemon is so good, wish they could splice in a bit of footage of his playthrough, shame you need a certain 3DS to capture footage.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It's monday here hope frametrap hits soon. Right now I live in a world where there's no podcast nerding out over the new Persona 5 trailer to alleviate the suffering that is waiting for that game(8 years!!!).

Mattenth

I don't think metacritic makes hardly any difference in terms of exposure.

I'll dissent here... Metacritic's power is in the SEO. Getting on there will significantly boost your rankings on YouTube and Google searches. All of those links are follow links from a very high domain authority source.

OpenCritic doesn't have that domain authority. We're just way too new - I think you're capped at 50 DA on moz in your first year. We're also still looking for a kingmaker (psst: IGN, if you're reading this, just one linkback is all we need :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom