• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

I love doing marathons and watching a week's worth of content in one day. Just did that. So good.

Easy Update was really good. Feep seems like a cool guy to hang with. Loved the random cuts like Feep's "life tips," and Xander's cameo as the manservant.

The rest were quality as usual but my current favorite right now is Brandon Plays Pokemon (and I'm so glad that it's getting longer and longer each episode, LOL). It's just so interesting to hear what a first time player does in the first Pokemon game. I remember by the time I first played the game I had absorbed so much information that I knew to do a lot of things that an average person wouldn't know.

It's the same reason why GB's Metal Gear Scanlon series was so fascinating to me as well.

As much as I liked the podcast, the opening music is just awful. Surly they have a fan that can make something rad.

I understand why people like it. It's a cute, charming tune.

However, I would prefer something less synth/electronic based. Just a personal preference of mine.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I understand why people like it. It's a cute, charming tune.

However, I would prefer something less synth/electronic based. Just a personal preference of mine.

Try to submit something when they hit 25 or 50 episodes.
Argue that the opening music should change like it does in anime after every season to make things fresh. ;)
They might just go for that reasoning, maybe.... probably not....

Im actually doing what Brandon is doing. I've never played through a Pokemon game even though I've been gaming since the Atari. I watched the gen 1 Pokemon show so I'm familiar with a number of the Pokemon and characters. So I'm playing through Pokemon yellow. I try to stay at the same pace as Brandon so I can do my own recaps.

It's a simple JRPG game with its roots heavily in grinding but it's been fun

Hasney

As much as I liked the podcast, the opening music is just awful. Surly they have a fan that can make something rad.

cJiZX6C.gif

I'm so fucking glad somebody else has said this. I remember when I watched the first episode I thought the opening music was utter toss. To my surprise, EVERYONE on here said how much they loved it. So I just kept my head down.

It's nowhere near as good as the theme for GT Time.

Hasney

I'm so fucking glad somebody else has said this. I remember when I watched the first episode I thought the opening music was utter toss. To my surprise, EVERYONE on here said how much they loved it. So I just kept my head down.

It's nowhere near as good as the theme for GT Time.

Its not as good as the Viacom GT Time music. It's about a bazillion times better (conservative estimate) than that Defy music library bollocks they had at the end. I've got that noise in my head from that intro right now and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

mishakoz

Its not as good as the Viacom GT Time music. It's about a bazillion times better (conservative estimate) than that Defy music library bollocks they had at the end. I've got that noise in my head from that intro right now and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

What was the Viacom one?

I was talking about that Defy music. I love that little jaunty tune.

Deimo5

Looking forward to the next frame trap. Ben vs Persona 5 was one of the reasons I was hyped for the group getting back together.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to the next frame trap. Ben vs Persona 5 was one of the reasons I was hyped for the group getting back together.

Same here, I hope hey had a chance to watch the fan translated PV4 of Persona 5, making a more informed discussion possible.

Finally got around to the Azura's Wrath stream. Great stuff^^ I secretly hope that Ben becomes one of the full timers and does a lot of strange, obscure, or just plain fun Japanese games to completion^^

Wiggy

I like the new tune, but like the Viacom one best too. Its called Play Glow and is on Spotify if anyone cares.

Hasney

Oh man, this Don show is great. Gone to a thrift shop with a small buget and has just picked up any old thing to try and play. like first 15 with a budget almost.

EDIT: Then gets them appraised too. Great show,

Amazing show. Don created an episode that merged Don, the first 15, and shows like storage wars/pawn shop.

So awesome. And that teaser for the next episode? So hype.

NuttSack

I really really really love the amount of different shows we have been spoil with so far!
Don's new show is glorious!
I'm so effing happy to see him have a show and make it his own thing.

dex3108

Don should go around and buy things for cheap and sell them for profit until he reaches PS4/X1 purchase :D Only rule is that he only can use money he earned from selling things he bought for cheap :D

I love thrift store stuff, because I used to be able to hit two thrift stores that were across the street from each other and had tons of gems, but I lost access to quality thrift stores when I moved out of that area. Now I have to content myself with a used book sale every few months at a public library that literally has a small bookstore in it.

Tankard

Yes! Don's new show is so good.

"i give you 2 dollars"
"Is there any way you can get close to 50?"

Haha, gotta love Don. I'm already so looking forward to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom