• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcw

It's monday here hope frametrap hits soon. Right now I live in a world where there's no podcast nerding out over the new Persona 5 trailer to alleviate the suffering that is waiting for that game(8 years!!!).

I think they focused on it in last week's Axe of the Blood God but I haven't heard that episode yet.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think they focused on it in last week's Axe of the Blood God but I haven't heard that episode yet.

Nope they recorded it before the event so sadly no indepth discussion on what was shown.
Really the most I found was the Beastcast from Giantbomb where they talked about it but didn't really go into anything in detail cause one of them didn't see the trailer yet.

Nope they recorded it before the event so sadly no indepth discussion on what was shown.
Really the most I found was the Beastcast from Giantbomb where they talked about it but didn't really go into anything in detail cause one of them didn't see the trailer yet.

Well, we've got you covered then. This podcast is seriously long. :)

Dumb Game Monday vote is up. Kyle thirsty for that Spyro.

Monday, May 9th
9PM PT - 11PM PT | Dumb Game Monday
New Game - Patrons' Pick
Kyle Bosman

Tuesday, May 10th
6PM PT - 8PM PT | GROUP STREAM NIGHT
Uncharted 4 SP/Uncharted 4 MP/Screencheat
Patrons' Pick!

Wednesday, May 11th
6PM PT - 8PM PT | Dark Souls III
Brad Ellis & Mike Huber
8PM PT - 10PM PT | Valkyria Chronicles HD
Ben Moore

Thursday, May 12th
12PM PT - END | Link's Awakening
Full Playthrough Pt. 4
Daniel Bloodworth
6PM PT - 8PM PT | Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
Full Playthrough Pt. 1
Mike Huber & Brad Ellis

Friday, May 13th
12:01AM PT - 1AM PT | Tetris
Bosman v Wozniak Week 6
Kyle Bosman

I hope DS3 talk is not too spoilery. I kinda missed the boat on that one and will pick it up when GOTY edition with DLC hits. Then again I probably will have forgotten anythin I hear by then.

LeleSocho

Banned
17:02 of Frame Trap...
...yeah that was me, my bad Bloodworth despite knowing the differences between DX and normal i really thought the cliff scene was in the original version too.

Hell yeah, Ian Hinck on Frame Trap.

He is my double secret waifu 4 laifu.

I stopped watching last week with the GoT talk, but I will stick around for the entirety of this episode because of Ian being there.

Panda Rin

Dude! Bloodworth was so on point with the engine stuff about FFXV, it's like he read my mind! :O

have to agree...something felt off when I played the demo and watched the gameplay footage. There seems to be a huge disconnect between the players and the world, and I don't get a sense of place or belonging at all. Granted, this is all based on my brief 1 hour session with the game and videos.

have to agree...something felt off when I played the demo and watched the gameplay footage. There seems to be a huge disconnect between the players and the world, and I don't get a sense of place or belonging at all. Granted, this is all based on my brief 1 hour session with the game and videos.

Of course, this are just first impressions and they can drastically change when the game is released.

FluxWaveZ

It's monday here hope frametrap hits soon. Right now I live in a world where there's no podcast nerding out over the new Persona 5 trailer to alleviate the suffering that is waiting for that game(8 years!!!).

Just saw this, but the latest episode of the Beastcast expressed excitement for Persona 5 right at the start.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw this, but the latest episode of the Beastcast expressed excitement for Persona 5 right at the start.

Yes but they didn't really go that much into the topic since one of them hasn't seen the trailer yet.
This Frametrap is gold on that point, despite actually not talking that much about what was shown either. But I liked the different things Ben tried to explore around and related to Persona 5. Thanks to everyone for delivering a cool discussion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the point mentioned in the podcast of P5 maybe having a chance on revitalizing/strengthen JRPGs it and P5 maybe being the FF7 moment for the franchise, I personally doubt that even if I wish that it could be in case that it succeeds at what it sets out to do.
Really the most I personally hope for is that it changes the way people view turn based combat/UI navigation. And in case it accomplishes that I hope that designers of all kind will take note. Because I cannot tell you how often I play a JRPG and I get ticked off by how unnecessarily inefficient certain navigation parts are to specific options. Or how cumbersome certain actions feel after you repeat them a 100++ times because of bad UI element order. Or how bad turn based combat can feel because of both.

A general recent example of what ticked me off is in Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I was wondering why the Digiline in Cyber Sleuth wasn't tied to a controller button when you had so many still available, no instead you had to go through the main menu to access it.
Or why there wasn't an option to quick key bind the Escape/Homegate items, again you have to go through the main menu scroll down a long item list to use those.
Or another side example I love love DQ8 on the 3ds but come on those menus just shouldn't be a thing in 2015.

I feel like the studio behind P5 is one of the few that is aware of those things and tries to improve on these fundamental things that most other studios don't even seem to question anymore. Maybe if they're successful new standards could be established on menu navigation/UI design which I feel could be really big since they're a really underrated and huge part of the user experience.

Basically what I'm saying is that I hope that the UI Designers and Game Freak are massive Persona fans and that one of these days some of that smooth UI magic(not necessarily the presentation but more the handling judging by the shown P5 UI elements and by P4G) trickles down into one of the future Pokemon games. (~_~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom