• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

James93

Seems like a harsh contract, but I guess that's pretty standard with YT companies wanting as much control over their employees as possible.

Non-competes are pretty common place in this day in age. But then i work in finance, so there is many reasons for a nc. Its really meant to protect the company and operations info.
It sucks in this situation but its part of the price you may to get a salary and benefits.

Myggen

Non-competes are pretty common place in this day in age. But then i work in finance, so there is many reasons for a nc. Its really meant to protect the company and operations info.
It sucks in this situation but its part of the price you may to get a salary and benefits.

Oh yeah, I'm a lawyer so I know all about non-competes and have written my fair share of them. It's also well known that YT companies tend to have pretty draconian contracts in general, so it's not very surprising that RT won't allow her to appear in anything that isn't being arranged by RT. It just sucks is all.

Seems like a harsh contract, but I guess that's pretty standard with YT companies wanting as much control over their employees as possible.

Yeah, I remember when Ray worked at RT he was doing streaming on the side. When RT caught wind of it they turned his twitch channel into the official RT channel and couldn't do his own personal streams after that. Of course that's changed since he quit RT to stream full time last year.

I also had a friend who got a job with them as an editor for Achievement Hunter. Once he got in there they made him remove/private all of his personal YouTube content. Pretty insane since he had been doing Let's Plays regularly for 5-6 years at that point.

timmyp53

Unless you back on Patreon, then it's Wednesday.

I think hes right about friday actually. It's suppose to be a delay of two days for nonbackers right?

Edit: nvm i read your post wrong or something. ignore. me correcting you when you are saying what im saying . =X

Lexad

Can I get some EZA img love?

image.php

gazele

Banned
Damn, the Elyse news is super disappointing

Thought with them going independent they could work with more people in the industry, but guess not for some

Crzy1

Damn, the Elyse news is super disappointing

Thought with them going independent they could work with more people in the industry, but guess not for some

She's been with Funhaus ever since she left GT (Omar is there now as well, RIP Spoole). I think she has a lot better chemistry with everyone there and the rest of the Rooster Teeth team over in Austin. They don't do the same type of content as GT did, though, doubtful we'll ever see anything like she did at GT unless Funhaus just happens to blow up for some reason. I don't know why they couldn't do a collaboration at some point, but RT seems like a pretty solid gig to be working for atm, so I don't blame her for jumping ship.

Only watched the patreon video, is Don anywhere in the picture anymore?

gazele

Banned
I missed it damn.

Funhause is huge. They are literally making millions over there. Be happy for her.

It's great that they're making millions (how exactly?) and its cool she gets to work with her husband, but why can't she guest on EZA every once in a while? Seems weird to me, but what do I know

I am still blown away by how good Ian & Brad are playing Bloodborne in Jolly Co-op lol.

Anyway, I need to go to bed. Badly. Will catch the rest of stream on archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom