• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Let's not forget that Twitch gets 50% of the $5 subscription fee. So even if they have 300+ subs, that's only $750/mo. For a 7 person company, that's not much. It'll definitely be used for gear and such, but it's definitely not a "ton of money".

Ohh right.

Damn, twitch is a waste of money, lol.

Hasney

Going to bed. Just looked at the live chat like this:

18c7i53y0zg9sgif.gif

Since streaming times mean I won't see it again!

I had no idea Twich had such a high cut of subscriptions. Surprised that a competitor hasnt capitalized with a more reasonable rate.

Dineren

Banned
Considering how quickly they got their sub button it's possible they worked out a better deal on the subscription split with Twitch. I know the more popular streams get slightly more of the subscription than others. No idea if Twitch would consider that for a new venture though.

Hasney

The funds slowed down considerably since right before the stream started

Yeah, it was always likely or they'd be close to the highest gaming Patreon of all time. Wonder if there will be another bump when people finish work, then when the stream ends as people think "yeah, I'll support this" and a final one for the week after the podcast. WE SHALL SEE.

"This looks like barf!" - Kyle on Twilight Princess

To which a member in chat responds:

"'This looks like barf!' - Kyle's mom when he was born"

wiibomb

oh boy....

I'm sorry for all of those who couldn't watch the stream prior to this.. the archive option wasn't on, so basically, it's already lost

soultron

Banned
Anyone else finding the Twitch stream very choppy/constantly buffering? Wondering if it's just me.

I backed on Patreon. Really excited to see the gang continuing to pursue the dream.

Hasney

Anyone else finding the Twitch stream very choppy/constantly buffering? Wondering if it's just me.

I backed on Patreon. Really excited to see the gang continuing to pursue the dream.

Watched the stream at Source and think it buffered once in the 3 hours I was watching.

Does Patreon charge people immediately for the first month or can we expect a bunch of people withdraw their support just before a certain date?

Mikey Jr.

Seems like this is going to cap at about 23k which everyone should be super proud about.

I honest to God thought it would top at 15k. Never thought they would gain another 8k.

Plus some twitch money in there. Good stuff.

Seems like this is going to cap at about 23k which everyone should be super proud about.

I honest to God thought it would top at 15k. Never thought they would gain another 8k.

It could easily go up throughout the months though. With the help of sponsors and stuff too it can really go places. This first day has been a huge statement that we want them and people will notice.

I think that every single one of us who started streaming since GT's closure on new channels forgot to turn on archiving. I feel like Twitch should just set that to "yes" by default and make users opt out rather than opt in.

Yea, things take time to build. It's a better start than I imagined.

They should really be taking advantage of the huge views / hype right now by making it easy for people to donate on Twitch. Honestly I bet they've lost out on literally thousands of dollars already.

soultron

Banned
I think that every single one of us who started streaming since GT's closure on new channels forgot to turn on archiving. I feel like Twitch should just set that to "yes" by default and make users opt out rather than opt in.

Probably saves data overheads per user for Twitch if it's an opt-in rather than opt-out feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom