• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know they're not obliged to give details, but I can't help but be curious. Have they elaborated on how exactly this new gig works for them in terms of employment?

I've seen Brandon saying things like "this isn't a full time job yet" - are they going to have day jobs on top of this?

sappyday

So I know they're not obliged to give details, but I can't help but be curious. Have they elaborated on how exactly this new gig works for them in terms of employment?

I've seen Brandon saying things like "this isn't a full time job yet" - are they going to have day jobs on top of this?

I think if a great opportunity pops up then they'll take it but still do this. They'll make this full time if there is enough funding because at the moment 25k/month is still not enough to support 7 people fully, especially in LA.

They haven't really said yet. I bet more details will come this week for sure.

I am hoping to hear about Forums!

From Twitter, this is a pretty great poster

CeH3uSBVAAAFIk-.jpg:large

Credit: https://twitter.com/scrapbrainzone/status/712122592325271552

out of curiosity...anyone know what kfg patreon was its first month and what its settled in at?

IIRC it's first month settled shy of 20k...but I could be off.

I remember it had a steep drop after month 1 because a lot of the high tiers were only in for that bonus once, they never planned to keep pledging that month after month. This is common for many patreons. I see people at the $200 and $500 mark for Easy Allies - expect those to change or drop sooner rather than later.

However, they've climbed up a bit since then, but I wouldn't say it's increased a ton. It's a difficult comparison because of the split between that and their main KF Patreon, and complicating that is the fact that there's a massive overlap of people supporting both but we don't know what the split is

IIRC it's first month settled shy of 20k...but I could be off.

I remember it had a steep drop after month 1 because a lot of the high tiers were only in for that bonus once, they never planned to keep pledging that month after month. This is common for many patreons. I see people at the $200 and $500 mark for Easy Allies - expect those to change or drop sooner rather than later.

However, they've climbed up a bit since then, but I wouldn't say it's increased a ton. It's a difficult comparison because of the split between that and their main KF Patreon, and complicating that is the fact that there's a massive overlap of people supporting both but we don't know what the split is

Good analysis this.

Here's hoping this last burst of donations isn't just trolling :). Much higher than I expected. I was thinking they could get somewhere between 15-17k from hardcore fans at the beginning.

Hasney

Does anybody think they should be talking a little more about the Patreon and about the EZA project?

This is fun and is great to see them back and happy, but it just doesn't feel like this stream was very well planned. Maybe it's just me.

They talked about what they know basically. Everything I put in the OP about the podcast and tabletop was from the stream.

Tuesday is the day Brandon said was their big day a week where they have bigger streams and record the podcast, so maybe we'll see more news after that. I think with everything, it's important to note that Brandon said he would have been happy if he woke up to $2,400 on the Patreon, so all the extra shows they need to work out the production schedule for. Lotta planning meetings gotta go down!

Unlike smaller donations, they charge you immediately for larger quantities. I doubt they are trolling.

Good to hear.

Also even if all the big donations were for 1 month only we would still be well over 20k, we got a good buffer for people who decide to withdraw. Also I'd imagine people who wanted to get into the D&D tier would like to stay for at least a few months.

Hasney

Someone in chat was saying they have a Patreon and it's good to plan that you'll see 90-95% of the money each month. Seems reasonable.

Good to hear.

Also even if all the big donations were for 1 month only we would still be well over 20k, we got a good buffer for people who decide to withdraw. Also I'd imagine people who wanted to get into the D&D tier would like to stay for at least a few months.

Yeah, even if you lose a couple of those $500 tiers and half of the $200 ones, you're still sitting comfortably over 20k, and if they do this well they should continue to bring in new supporters over the coming months. We should have a better picture of the situation by May or June, but I'd say that $25-30k by the end of the year is doable. Hope we get those retrospectives back some day

Funny enough I still haven't pledged, some asshole in Venezuela got my CC number so I'm waiting for a new one in the mail -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom