• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Seems like this is going to cap at about 23k which everyone should be super proud about.

I honest to God thought it would top at 15k. Never thought they would gain another 8k.

Plus some twitch money in there. Good stuff.

I dunno, it's only been less than a day, I can see them reaching 30k at least over the next week or so

I'm so happy about this. GT had some of my favorite personalities, and even though no one talks about them anymore, Rev3Games was amazing for me too, so loosing both of those websites sucked.

So glad at least one is back.

nib95

Banned
Well this is an interesting comparison:
Easy Allies: $23,375/month
Kinda Funny Games: $22,639/month

Don't forget, Kinda Funny Games also has Kinda Funny, which nets them $38k a month. But still, for day one, EZA is killing it!

Side note, will Elyse Willems not have anything to do with EZA? Disappointing to see she's no longer part of the team. Presumably she's moved on to something else?

Don't forget, Kinda Funny Games also has Kinda Funny, which nets them $38k a month. But still, for day one, EZA is killing it!

Side note, will Elyse Willems not have anything to do with EZA? Disappointing to see she's no longer part of the team. Presumably she's moved on to something else?

Elyse is with funhaus with her hubby

Philippo

I don't get it, why won't Bosman use Patreon's money?
I hope this doesn't mean low-budget episodes, i loved the more elaborate story bits.

GlamFM

Banned

She's gone for good. Funhouse or something.

JakR

She left in january, I think.
Now she is at Funhaus Team, do not know what she is doing there.

But it would be nice, if she could be a guest.

Tankard

Does anybody think they should be talking a little more about the Patreon and about the EZA project?

This is fun and is great to see them back and happy, but it just doesn't feel like this stream was very well planned. Maybe it's just me.

Does anybody think they should be talking a little more about the Patreon and about the EZA project?

This is fun and is great to see them back and happy, but it just doesn't feel like this stream was very well planned. Maybe it's just me.

What they're doing right now is more or less what I expected. They spoke about it when the stream turned on this afternoon.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I'd like it too.

There is no where to go to see all the info.

Like, if it wasn't for me reading through this thread, I wouldn't know there was a podcast this Wednesday.

A FAQ would be nice.

Yeah, I'd like it too.

Like, if it wasn't for me reading through this thread, I wouldn't know there was a podcast this Wednesday.

A FAQ would be nice.

The Patreon has all the info but it is part of the rewards and you need to actually look through those. But at first remember they needed to see if the patreon would take off so the shows are coming obviously.

Lexad

It could easily go up throughout the months though. With the help of sponsors and stuff too it can really go places. This first day has been a huge statement that we want them and people will notice.

I agree, all they have to do is walk into Squarespace, Blue Apron, etc, and point to the massive support they achieved in a day, and how their number are comparable to one of KindaFunny's patreons to get that ad support.

James93

Glad they are back. It is a nice trend in game journalism where that going solo is possible.
Even if they tape out at 30k, i'm sure than can generate another 10-20k from youtube ads and sponsorships. Ad merch and most of the guys should be able to make an ok living doing this.

crash-14

I feel the same and I said before the stream that I hoped it was like that.

The 12 hours stream it's going to be crucial if they're really aiming to that 50k. Today they'll have people that haven't followed them for years (If ever). They need to make clear how everything it's going to work and appeal to the viewers by demoing the way they used to run everything.

Pretty sure this 12h stream will not just be them playing games. They'll probably catch up in news and trailers since their GT departure. Or I Hope so.

Best of lucks for the crew!

Maybe not speaking that much about the Patreon rather than do a "launch podcast" or live "trailer score". I think they should have demoed what their content it's going to be about for those that might not have experience with the GT Crew (or years since they last visit the site).

Arround the world there's many people that knew what GT was but just for their E3 coverage along with Geoff and Spike. The amount of people that consumed their original content decreases a ton.

But let's keep in mind that their thought was to reach 2k the first day (Brandon's words). So it make sense they didn't prepare something more elaborated to attract bigger audience. They probably didn't feel there was a real chance to get this going somewhere near it was GT.

At least now they know that there's a chance in the long road.

timmyp53

436 subs on twitch.
Blow+gently+on+your+screen+this+pleases+the+cage_a2920c_5181691.gif

Tankard

I feel the same and I said before the stream that I hoped it was like that. Maybe not speaking that much about the Patreon rather than do a "launch podcast" or live "trailer score". I think they should have demoing what their content it's going to be about for those that might not have experience with the GT Crew (or years since they last visit the site).

Arround the world there's many people that knew what GT was but just for their E3 coverage along with Geoff and Spike. The amount of people that consumed their original content decreases a ton.

I've watched my share of launch/achievement marathon streams on twitch and I seem to recall that a recurring theme for it is to really highlight the money goals they are trying to reach. Maybe that's not exactly what they wanted out of this stream, but feels like Patreon should have picked up some steam and what happened was the opposite of that.

Anyway, i'm having fun with the stream, the SFV tournament was great and the Patreon and Twitch subs are already a major sucess.

They're starting to get into it now. That they got to a game that was calmer.

Yeah, I'd like it too.

A FAQ would be nice.

I suppose it's all a little too much for the first day. They didn't even expect to reach the review goal

I'd give them few more days to organize everything, rather than rushing stuff.

Finally got off work to jump into the stream. Haven't watched any so did I miss any tidbits of info regarding plans for EZA?

I did join in time to hear Ben mention Elyse can't join the new D&D series because of a non compete clause.
:(

Edit: beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom