• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

I'd be surprised if the Naughty Dog stream wasn't some last minute invitation kind of deal. I mean they've only been a company for like 2 months.

While I don't think it is one (Creed has a lot of friends in the gaming industry, more than enough to fill up a week), it would be a bigger deal than the Naughty Dog thing in terms of exposure. There were less people watching that stream than when Brad randomly hops on Overwatch, as cool as it was for them to be asked by ND.

mishakoz

I'd be surprised if the Naughty Dog stream wasn't some last minute invitation kind of deal. I mean they've only been a company for like 2 months.

Gametrailers used to be right next door (literally) to Naughty Dog back in the Viacom days. It's possible they have friends there still.

I asked them in chat how they got the ND gig and it seems that they were sent an email to host the event.

So I assume it's likely that someone at ND are fans of them and asked them to come over than anyone at EZA using their connections.

Wiggy

skimming through the hearthstone tourny stream, anyone know where/what stream did the 'voice of treason' joke start? sounds funny, i think they said kyle said it first.

Also i think e3 plans and game sleuth will be two of the announcements, not sure on the 3rd

Tankard

skimming through the hearthstone tourny stream, anyone know where/what stream did the 'voice of treason' joke start? sounds funny, i think they said kyle said it first.

Also i think e3 plans and game sleuth will be two of the announcements, not sure on the 3rd

It was during their last group stream.

Edit:
Brandon Jones ‏@TrailerJones 41 minHá 41 minutos
Flight and hotel booked for @KindaFunnyVids LIVE 2! Can't wait! Will I see some Allies in attendance?

Wait...what?

Tankard

Thanks! I miss one group stream and am already behind on the jokes. Probably unlikely but you wouldnt happen to know which Bosman vs Wosniak the TET jokes started would you?

I imagine since the first one people are calling it Tet in the chat and Kyle is not a fan =)

Kasper

It was during their last group stream.

Edit:
Brandon Jones ‏@TrailerJones 41 minHá 41 minutos
Flight and hotel booked for @KindaFunnyVids LIVE 2! Can't wait! Will I see some Allies in attendance?

Wait...what?

I hope Brandon is just there to enjoy himself. As much as I like PS I Love You I wouldn't want to see EZA teaming up with KF in any capacity.

Tankard

I hope Brandon is just there to enjoy himself. As much as I like PS I Love You I wouldn't want to see EZA teaming up with KF in any capacity.

I have a hard time believing he would go there just to enjoy himself, something is brewing. And teaming up now or not, i think this will happen sooner or later, i believe Brandon said very early they would like that to happen now they are both Patreon sucesses.

sora87

Tim really seems to dig the EZA stuff and him and Brandon have built up a friendship recently, I could see them doing some videos together. Dunno how Colin and Greg feel about EZA though.

Tankard

Tim really seems to dig the EZA stuff and him and Brandon have built up a friendship recently, I could see them doing some videos together. Dunno how Colin and Greg feel about EZA though.

Colin doesn't watch youtube or listen to podcasts, he said it a thousand times, even said so about the Rooster Teeth roster, so i doubt he watched anything EZA did.

I would like them doing things together, just keep Rooster Teeth out of it please.

Hasney

As long as KF are out of their regular content, I'm fine. Go do extra things and get exposure, awesome, but having KF show up on group streams or shows would be a bummer. They don't fit the vibe at all.

Tsosie

This is interesting. I like Kinda Funny, I tend to not to watch much outside of EZA, but when I do it is usually KF. They do not seem to mesh all too well at first glance, however if them teaming up for some content, outside of their individual patreon responsibilities, can lead to more success for both of them, all the better. The truth is that they are two of the biggest success stories for patreon. It makes sense for a little crossover.

El-Suave

I have to agree, you can learn a few things from them for sure, but one of the things I love about GT and EZA is that they were never part of that games media club/bubble that seems to be around in SF. Editors moving from outlet to outlet, people moving to the industry side making the lines of publishers and media even blurrier. Now with Youtube you have "personalities" doing the rounds for endless cross promotion. The Allies certainly need some of that now that they're small and on their own, but you don't need to go full on Greg Miller with the promotional catch phrases. EZA is different because they don't bash us over the head with these relationships. Ian is a cool dude who knows lots of indie devs for example, but they appear on his show because they're his buddies and interesting people and not because they need to sell us their game that's just about to come out. Part of the charm of EZA is their "innocence" - that's why they're still excited about things like E3 like we are unlike most other people in the games media.

I hope they stay away from KF if only because Greg Miller is the worst. Have you seen that guy's Twitter avatar? What a joke.

Edit: Actually, looks like he changed it. Smart!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A COOL REFRESHING BUD LIGHT IS THE EASIEST ALLY OF ALL. LEVELLE UP WITH BUD LIGHT AND EASY ALLIES THIS SUMMER.

mcw

As long as KF are out of their regular content, I'm fine. Go do extra things and get exposure, awesome, but having KF show up on group streams or shows would be a bummer. They don't fit the vibe at all.

Well, yeah... This is all hypothetical, but I dunno, I feel like it would be cool to have more guests on. If the EZA guys went onto a Kinda Funny show, it would still be a Kinda Funny show, just with guests. Same goes for EZA bringing any guests onto their shows. And though I am not a KF fan, I do think Greg Miller would be an entertaining guest.

MatParker1711

Neo Member
Elyse on Easy Update when?

Probably not for a while/never, she works as an editor and host for FH and travels to Texas quite regularly to appear in other RT content, so super busy. Think she's in RvB this season actually. Don't expect her on the e3 stream as she's playing a drinking game during each press conference, probably hosting stuff at the YouTube booth

Gametrailers used to be right next door (literally) to Naughty Dog back in the Viacom days. It's possible they have friends there still.

There's a guy who used to work with Kyle before GT over at Naughty Dog, but no one was sure who actually requested for us to come to the office. A lot of fans over there though.
Despite working so close to them for all those years, we didn't really interact with them while we were at Viacom aside from a few typical interviews / press events.

Kasper

If it doesnt affect their schedule then is just an extra . No problem really , you can just not watch it.

Nothing is ever just an extra. If you spend x amount of time on A, then that means there's less time to spend on B. Sure, their current schedule might not change at all, but I would much rather have something new of interest to me rather than something new of no interest.

If the majority of EZA supporters enjoy KF then so be it, that's great for the majority, but dismissing any type of content complaint with "then you can just not watch it" is something I will never understand.

I doubt KF and EZA are getting involved when KF is already partnering with Rooster Teeth.

As a hypothetical though, it sounds like an awful terrible idea. Greg Miller is a good guy, but the rest of KF rubs me completely the wrong way, especially those two guys on there who pretty much only ever talk about sex and sometimes games.

Sheentak

KF stuff could lead to projects and work. KF hosted a square enix event maybe Eza will do similar stuff.

Honestly I think it's a team up t cover e3. Kinda funny will talk to devolper while Eza does games and live reactions

xorx

Banned
I doubt KF and EZA are getting involved when KF is already partnering with Rooster Teeth.

As a hypothetical though, it sounds like an awful terrible idea. Greg Miller is a good guy, but the rest of KF rubs me completely the wrong way, especially those two guys on there who pretty much only ever talk about sex and sometimes games.

Hmm really? I feel like the rest of the KF crew keeps Greg Miller grounded whenever he gets over the top.

Mikey Jr.

There's a guy who used to work with Kyle before GT over at Naughty Dog, but no one was sure who actually requested for us to come to the office. A lot of fans over there though.
Despite working so close to them for all those years, we didn't really interact with them while we were at Viacom aside from a few typical interviews / press events.

Debut Last of Us 2 on EZA.

Ohh man, imagine that? EZA would blow uppppppp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom