• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt KF and EZA are getting involved when KF is already partnering with Rooster Teeth.

As a hypothetical though, it sounds like an awful terrible idea. Greg Miller is a good guy, but the rest of KF rubs me completely the wrong way, especially those two guys on there who pretty much only ever talk about sex and sometimes games.

Wat issue do ppl have with Tim gettys??? I understand Colin, sometimes he's just complaining to complain... Gettys, is never quick to complain and almost always brings up both views on the matter for any given subject... Also he has been showing the Allies love since b4 GT closed

Edit: Also when he interviews ppl, his questions are always really good! Like when they interviewed brandon

Easy Update is so strange but it's the nice sort of strange.

Ps
I hate spiders but my eyes were riveted to that little screen for the duration.

When Elyse left, I watched some of the FH content just to see where she landed, and I honestly found it terrible.
It seems to me that her co-host now are much less diverse, interesting and knowlegeable than the EZA guys, and her new audience is pretty much composed by kids. Am I completely off-track on this?
I feel pretty bad for her and I wish she sticked around as her content was great back on gt.

EDFIT: nvm browsed their channel again, and it's unbearable. What a waste of talent having elyse stuck in there...

I used to love KF but I've noticed recently they just are not very likeable personalities to me anymore. They go a little too far with the "this is the way we do it and if you don't like it then fuck off" attitude. I understand they have passionate fans who love what they do but I feel like they're pretty rude when faced with any criticism.

Edit: To bring this more on topic: one thing I love about EZA is how welcoming they are to criticisms and they seem to really take suggestions to heart. Brandon especially with Cup of Jones mini Q&A sessions.

Liamc723

I used to love KF but I've noticed recently they just are not very likeable personalities to me anymore. They go a little too far with the "this is the way we do it and if you don't like it then fuck off" attitude. I understand they have passionate fans who love what they do but I feel like they're pretty rude when faced with any criticism.

That's Colin Moriaty for you, I absolutely cannot stand him.

luchadork

i really cant stand colin. dude is the antithesis of EZA. theres absolutely nothing jolly about him. greg is just too try hard when colin is around. tim though, i really like. honestly i reckon if he was on EZA he'd fit right in.

You guys do realize that KindaFunny and EasyAllies are competing for the same crowdfunding pool from similar target audiances right? And this patreon-gaming pool has a theoretical ceiling in terms of available dollars to give for "gaming-personalities." Which is already crowded in the youtube / twitch space.

It would be a strange thing to see. It would be like the SanFransisco Giants partnering and helping to promote the Oakland A's. There is a set number of baseball fans in the bay area. In fact the Giants are actively preventing the A's from moving closer to their established fanbase in San Jose. Since the assumption is that any A's fan gained is a Giants fan lost. I for one am supporting EZA through patreon, even though I like KindaFunny...kinda...but I'm not supporting multiple patreons. I'm just not going to do that.

You might say, but why is Rooster teeth helping to promote KF? Well, for one Rooster Teeth doesn't rely on the same methodology for support and funding.

You should certainly make connections but when crowd funding is involved things can get a bit more complicated. To be honest I could be wrong and for all we know EZA and KF are sharing 401ks together but I think EZA is doing great on their own doing the things they want to do for their patreon supporters.

So thats my take on it, especially to those in this thread who said they dislike KindaFunny and are worried to see EZA partnering with them. Not to mention one is in SF while the other is in LA. Also, Brandon and Bloodworth have been a part of this industry for awhile now, I'm sure they are capable of doing any and everything that KindaFunny can do.

KJRS_1993

When Elyse left, I watched some of the FH content just to see where she landed, and I honestly found it terrible.

When FH first started, their content used to be a lot more interesting to the point where I did recommend them (or at least their podcast).

The quality in their stuff has completely and utterly tanked though since they've realised making shite gets them more views and subscriptions.
I compare them to Green Day in some ways.

Aters

Keep my EZA boys as far away from KF as possible please. I still can't get over one of KF's video about Persona 5. They literally didn't know shit about the series and somehow managed to squeeze a full episode out of it. Man they really are just "kinda funny".

Zomba13

Keep my EZA boys as far away from KF as possible please. I still can't get over one of KF's video about Persona 5. They literally didn't know shit about the series and somehow managed to squeeze a full episode out of it. Man they really are just "kinda funny".

Well they didn't know anything about Final Fantasy and yet hosted a big event about it despite not even being "kinda" funny.

Karu

i still cant get over people being butthurt about shit like this yet here we are

When FH first started, their content used to be a lot more interesting to the point where I did recommend them (or at least their podcast).

The quality in their stuff has completely and utterly tanked though since they've realised making shite gets them more views and subscriptions.
I compare them to Green Day in some ways.

I imagine in a lot of ways this is why people like EZA. Because they don't go down that route to force feed more views and subcriptions. It's also why I'm not surprised that the dollar amount per patreon account is so high.

KJRS_1993

I imagine in a lot of ways this is why people like EZA. Because they don't go down that route to force feed more views and subcriptions. It's also why I'm not surprised that the dollar amount per patreon account is so high.

It's exactly why I prefer them and am more than happy to actually spend money to keep it that way.

A part of my soul would collapse if they ever uploaded a video called "SMELL MY COCKPIT!!1!".
Oh my days man.

Doc_Drop

I wouldn't get overly worried about the direction the EZA team are taking to be honest. They know their community and they know why people like them. They are very genuine about their own interests and I'm sure they are much happier now they are free to pursue and create the types of content they want to. The fact that they don't have to rely on view counts allows them to really embrace what is great about them and don't have to go chasing specific demographics or baiting anyone into watching their shows/videos.

My bet is the announcements have a lot to do with E3 hopefully and I really hope they have managed to find an office on the cheap or something along those lines, but even if not I'm looking forward to the news. There seems to be a tendency in here sometimes to overthink and to get a little carried away with where the team will go. It's not even been 3 months yet so at this point they happily have my contribution and I trust them to work towards making people happy and making themselves happy in their work.

After the closure of GT I honestly felt the loss and was so happy that they managed to secure stable support to such a fantastic degree that they could deliver as many shows as they do. Really looking forward to E3 with them as it just would not have been the same without them and I can't wait to see where they'll progress to in the future as all of the staff seem extremely capable and are really hitting their stride.

A part of my soul would collapse if they ever uploaded a video called "SMELL MY COCKPIT!!1!".
Oh my days man.

I saw it yesterday in my tour of Funhaus videos. It's disgusting, not the cock joke but the click-bait stuff etc... It seems all so soulless, the exact opposite of what I'd image as a good creative work environment for Elyse, the same person who made Huber play Life is Strange and streamed the Sherlock Holmes back just a couple of months ago. What a waste!

Haunted

Ben's Nioh stream was terrific.

There's something especially fun about watching an adept player picking up a Souls game and learning, getting better as he goes.

Even though he flew solo for most of the stream, that was maybe the most enjoyable content they've put out so far.

Really love Huber and Brad playing games coop, but I do wish they'd do it in the same space. There's just a different quality when everyone's on the same couch.

Maybe one of the announcements will be Bosman doing a weekly show. I'm amazed they haven't forced him to do one yet. I mean look at the discussion going on in that thread regarding his latest show. You think any other thing Easy Allies has going for them could garner such a response? Not bloody likely unfortunately.

Maybe one of the announcements will be Bosman doing a weekly show. I'm amazed they haven't forced him to do one yet. I mean look at the discussion going on in that thread regarding his latest show. You think any other thing Easy Allies has going for them could garner such a response? Not bloody likely unfortunately.

Podcast is Kyle's weekly show.

wiibomb

I'm amazed at how he sparked all that discussion in gaf. He has a power.

The power... of the bishop.

Hasney

He's not doing a weekly show, he doesn't want to commit to it. Maybe if he goes full time, but between Dumb Game Monday, weekly podcast, Brandon plays Pokemon, group stream, Tabletop Escapades and Bos V Woz (alongside appearances on Frame Trap and Easy Update), he does a shitton for being part-time.

Hey, around 20 minutes into that video he gives EZA a shout out so it's all good.

kennyamr

I have a hard time believing he would go there just to enjoy himself, something is brewing. And teaming up now or not, i think this will happen sooner or later, i believe Brandon said very early they would like that to happen now they are both Patreon sucesses.
no

Anticol

Banned
Hopefully the Kinda Funny Games it just a rumour and not something real, as some other people said, I don't think they will mesh together well. Let me be clear, I don't dislike Kinda Funny but Greg is way to over the top and loves to bring the attention to himself, Colin has good opinions and knowledge but thinks he is the voice of reason and truth, Tim is pretty good actually, and Nick has no interest at all in video games, he only does sex jokes. Idk...

I actually like KF quite a bit. I just like EZA way better. If they partner up for a collaboration I think that'd be dope. Tim's cool in my book and so is Greg. Colin...well I respect his knowledge of the industry.

My 3 guesses for the Tuesday announcements:

1. Bosman full time. He already hosts 2 shows a week, 2 solo streams a week and has a show he does on his own channel that deservedly gets a lot of attention. It's really a missed opportunity currently having one of the Allies having a massively popular show on their own channel. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben also is added to full time. Hopefully more as well, loving what each member brings go the table.

2. Some backdoor shady deals have been going on and EZA joins the RT conglomerate or whatever in a deal similar to the KF one where they will sell the merch and do some miscellaneous business stuff. Basically will appear sparingly on others content occasionally (most likely Funhaus as they're LA based as well). Best of all, probably allows Elyse to appear in some EZA stuff once again.

3. Announce E3 plans. Most likely this will involve the other RT groups as well. My best guess: they'll still do live reactions and whatnot, but will now appear on streams and other stuff with other RT groups.

Bonus: Announce some updated stretch goals for 40k and 45k.

LewieP

I'd love for Bosman at home to be a more frequent/regular thing, but he's done a good job of explaining why it isn't, and his reasons are sound. The Final Bosman was by a fair margin my favourite thing on GT, and I do miss him doing a weekly show, but there's plenty of other EZA stuff I thoroughly enjoy (both with and without Kyle), so I've got nothing to complain about.

I just hope that him and everyone else involved with EZA are feeling happy and secure in what they've achieved so far. It takes guts to go it alone after being part of a larger organisation for so long. It seems like they're being smart about making sure it is relatively sustainable, and I'm excited to see how things could grow in the future.

I wouldn't want them to be directly involved with KF at all, really. I do not like KF.

Watching the new Easy Update, during the song at the beginning I was thinking "this sounds very Radiohead", only for Ian & Ben to gush about the new Radiohead album later in the episode. I approve of their music taste. In fact, couple that with his love of metal and I think Ben may be my spirit animal.

Hasney

Is there a way to report this to Patreon?

Flagged it using their contact us form. Guess that's all that can be done.

Probably doesn't need a ton of people doing it unless it's still there a couple of days later. They'll just deal with it when they get to it.

jbluzb

I am a fan of Tim Gettys and he being a guest on the streams would be amazing.

EZA is 1 in a million in the youtube space so great content without fear of only getting 2thousand views or less is made possible thru patreon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom