• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

I bet the announcements have nothing to do with KF, they probably want nothing to do with anyone outside the rooster teeth family thing now.
I would love to see Greg and Tim on their podcast though. I'd love to see Nick on Frame Trap to talk to Huber about films. I'd love to see Ben and Colin just talk about JRPGs for an hour.

kami_sama

Backdoor shady deals confirmed.

Mr-Bean-Meme.jpg

Mikey Jr.

Wow, must be something big.

Only 2 things come to mind.

Someone going full time, or more likely, some sort of partnership.

My thoughts? Something to do with e3. Geoff is cohosting with them.

Kasper

Something to do with Keighley would be fucking sweet. I've always really enjoyed his hosting.

I have really mixed feelings about a (potential) partnership with KF or FH. I absolutely love the Allies and want to see them grow, get bigger and finally get the success they deserve. But partnering with one of those channels would come at the expense of quality, from my point of view. Not only that, but I'd feel like I'm giving those channels my money, which is not something I'd ever want to do.

Nevertheless, exciting times all around and I can't wait for the announcement! I fully trust Brandon and the crew to make the right decisions for them.

Jeels

You know what EZA needs? A mascot. Someone should make a mascot. And then they could sell a mascot plush on their store and I can purchase it to support them. :D

Edit: Also, I really dislike KF and would rather EZA not be affiliated with them.

crimilde

Banned
I just realised this but when Kyle gave us the bets updates during the last podcast, there was no mention of Huber and Ben's Digimon bet. What's up with that one? Is Huber playing the Danganronpas or is Ben watching Vikings?

Did they talk about it some other time and I just missed it?

As much as it might help them I really hope they aren't joining up with someone else because the Allies are unique in the sense of being a lot less negative than other groups, even Kf and I would hate for them to lose that special uniqueness.

Wiggy

Wow Brandon is really hyping Tuesday, he seems to be the only one though (unless I've missed some other allies tweets). Are they playing quiet or is this something Brandon specifically would care a lot about? Like maybe they won't be in his house for E3? Just a guess...

Maybe one of the announcements will be Bosman doing a weekly show. I'm amazed they haven't forced him to do one yet. I mean look at the discussion going on in that thread regarding his latest show. You think any other thing Easy Allies has going for them could garner such a response? Not bloody likely unfortunately.

Yeah that got a lot of traction. Like Jimquisition, threads for individual eps are the way to go.

Oh and Ps I love you is one of my favourite pods and I check out gamecast often so don't mind any kinda funny collaboration (not that I think that's what the announcement is).And based on comments on kinda funny streams I watched there appears to be a decent audience overlap. But like Ben says, not everything has to be for me anyway.

I would be really pumped if Huber got to do another video with Yahtzee.

Also, hypothetically I think a Bosman/Sterling collab would tear a hole in reality.

Volotaire

This would be super awesome.

Hope that Easy Allies copy gets taken down quickly too.

Kneefoil

I wouldn't be too worried about the announcements. EZA is going to keep being its own thing, even if they did some more crossovers with other content creators. The stuff we're used to getting shouldn't be changing in any way, I don't think.

Also, if anyone's going full time, my money would be on Ben.
.. unless he gets a job offer from Blizzard.

I just realised this but when Kyle gave us the bets updates during the last podcast, there was no mention of Huber and Ben's Digimon bet. What's up with that one? Is Huber playing the Danganronpas or is Ben watching Vikings?

Did they talk about it some other time and I just missed it?

I think in one of the Twitch streams Ben mentioned that he had watched only one episode of Vikings so far, and Huber regretted that he hadn't set up a time limit before which Ben should watch all the episodes.

Hasney

They'll happen separately. Not sure on the timing of each, but keep your eyes open. So much unnecessary doom and gloom in the predictions lol.

Brandon mentioned something about the group stream, so I assume at least one there? Although he did say one you guys can't announce.

And I know about the gloom. It's human nature when everything feels like it's going so well. But now I'm out of work for the day, I'm wayyyy more positive (even though I probably won't hear about them until Wednesday. Damn timezones).

MatParker1711

Neo Member

Rooster Teeth has been adding channels to LP recently, Elyse and Omar might have made a recommendation.

Hasney

Rooster Teeth has been adding channels to LP recently, Elyse and Omar might have made a recommendation.

From what I've seen after the Kinda Funny reaction when they joined and how they haven't changed anything, that wouldn't be so bad. They keep out of their way pretty much and just upload the videos with their branding. As long as they can still stream on their own terms and not have to change things to fit, they're in front of almost 3.6 million subscribers then.

I mean, I would still just watch their content... The trailer for Let's Play on youtube and the yelling made my ears bleed.

MatParker1711

Neo Member
From what I've seen after the Kinda Funny reaction when they joined and how they haven't changed anything, that wouldn't be so bad. They keep out of their way pretty much and just upload the videos with their branding. As long as they can still stream on their own terms and not have to change things to fit, they're in front of almost 3.6 million subscribers then.

I mean, I would still just watch their content... The trailer for Let's Play on youtube and the yelling made my ears bleed.

All RT would do is provide business and merch support, EA would retain their independence

Hasney

All RT would do is provide business and merch support, EA would retain their independence

Yeah, exactly, that's what I saw with KF, but there was a bit of a backlash here when they signed up with them just in case content was changed. But everything seems OK so far, they've not had to fit in or anything.

EDIT: Group stream game voting is up. No local multi choices.

sora87

I have really mixed feelings about a (potential) partnership with KF or FH. I absolutely love the Allies and want to see them grow, get bigger and finally get the success they deserve. But partnering with one of those channels would come at the expense of quality, from my point of view. Not only that, but I'd feel like I'm giving those channels my money, which is not something I'd ever want to do.

Nevertheless, exciting times all around and I can't wait for the announcement! I fully trust Brandon and the crew to make the right decisions for them.

KF would be fine.
FH is the worst. Like seriously, I lost some brain cells checking them out when Elyse moved there.

They'll happen separately. Not sure on the timing of each, but keep your eyes open. So much unnecessary doom and gloom in the predictions lol.

I can understand some of it. People like EZA for reasons at which they dislike KindaFunny or Funhause or Angry Joe etc., So partnering up with them wouldn't feel right. People want to support you, not partnerships with youtube personalities they dislike. As for the doom and gloom for no reasons, hey its Neogaf thats what it does.

I also think its silly people think EZA needs help covering E3. When in my opionion the 9 of you did a fantastic job at last years E3. Yes I know now its technically 8 but maybe Damiani could fly in for e3 weekend.

Thores

Full Stream Schedule for those of you that want to know:

Monday, May 16th
9PM PT - 11PM PT | Dumb Game Monday Beowulf: The Game (Kyle Bosman)

Tuesday, May 17th
10AM PT - 12PM PT | Toy Box Tuesday Disney Infinity (Brandon Jones)
6PM PT - 8PM PT | GROUP STREAM Shadow of the Beast - or - Doom Multiplayer - or - Homefront: The Revolution

Wednesday, May 18th
6PM PT - 8PM PT | Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Full Playthrough Pt. 2 (Brad Ellis and Mike Huber)

Thursday, May 19th
12PM PT - END | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Full Playthrough Pt. 5 (Daniel Bloodworth)
3PM PT - 5PM PT | Doom (Ben Moore)
8PM PT - 10PM PT | Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Full Playthrough Pt. 3 (Brad Ellis and Mike Huber)
10PM PT - 12AM PT | Red Dead Redemption Full Playthrough Pt. 4 (Brandon Jones)

Friday, May 20th
3PM PT - 10PM PT | Hearthstone Easy Allies Tournament: Day 2
12:01AM PT - 1AM PT | Tetris Bosman v Wozniak Week 7 (Kyle Bosman)

Saturday, May 21st
1PM PT - 3PM PT | The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Michael Damiani)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom