• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have voted Doom if it was campaign, but from what I've seen of the multiplayer from other streamers I follow, it's really not all that.

Went for Homefront in lieu of anything with local multiplayer.

Also hoping that one of the allies will solo stream Far Harbor (the Fallout 4 expansion). Comes out Thursday I think? It's one of those games that really lends itself to a solo stream over the group environment (more similar to RDR there, which has been an absolute highlight).

tok9

One of the announcements is pretty obvious I think but I haven't noticed anyone here guess it yet.

I don't want to spoil it, but what Jones said in Cup of Jones about one of the announcements is very telling.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
EZA have a lot of Sony links so I won't be surprised if the big "the other company is going to announce it" one is them, especially since we're now getting all the E3 invites and shizzle. Maybe some stuff like the old Spike E3 rooftop after-show.

One of the announcements is pretty obvious I think but I haven't noticed anyone here guess it yet.

I don't want to spoil it, but what Jones said in Cup of Jones about one of the announcements is very telling.
You don't want to spoil something you're assuming?

It's more than an assumption. It's been mentioned in streams.

Just think about who's involved in Easy Allies.
Damiani's new show being on another channel? Presumably Did You Know Gaming?

If they've said it on streams you don't have the inside scoop here

Hasney

Just FYI, my Doom stream is switching to Thursday from 3-5.

Have you played much so far? The single player campaign is probably my biggest surprise of the year so far as they actually remembered what Doom is about and modernised it in the right ways. No reload, carrying lots of weapons, the speed and the stupid amount of enemies while the metal as fuck soundtrack plays just makes me smile way too freaking hard.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

Doc_Drop

I'd have voted Doom if it was campaign, but from what I've seen of the multiplayer from other streamers I follow, it's really not all that.

Went for Homefront in lieu of anything with local multiplayer.

Also hoping that one of the allies will solo stream Far Harbor (the Fallout 4 expansion). Comes out Thursday I think? It's one of those games that really lends itself to a solo stream over the group environment (more similar to RDR there, which has been an absolute highlight).

I honestly don't think any of the EZA guys really like Fallout 4 enough to stream it. I could see a solo stream from Ben or Blood but I think they've all happily dropped it for games they're more interested in. Hearing the hate from Huber and Brad on the series during the Hearthstone stream was entertaining though.

crimilde

Banned
I think in one of the Twitch streams Ben mentioned that he had watched only one episode of Vikings so far, and Huber regretted that he hadn't set up a time limit before which Ben should watch all the episodes.

Thanks for that. Kinda sad that Huber doesn't have to play Danganronpa, I was so curious what he thought about them, haha.

Have you played much so far? The single player campaign is probably my biggest surprise of the year so far as they actually remembered what Doom is about and modernised it in the right ways. No reload, carrying lots of weapons, the speed and the stupid amount of enemies while the metal as fuck soundtrack plays just makes me smile way too freaking hard.

Anyway, looking forward to it!

I was ready to give up on it until the hell section started. The Mars area was just so super generic space shooter,but the Hell levels are mind blowing. It really cuts loose and doesn't hold back there. It actually feels like Doom.
Are the Allies doing a review? I asesume it'll be talked about on frame trap at least.

bradbot

Neo Member
I was ready to give up on it until the hell section started. The Mars area was just so super generic space shooter,but the Hell levels are mind blowing. It really cuts loose and doesn't hold back there. It actually feels like Doom.
Are the Allies doing a review? I asesume it'll be talked about on frame trap at least.

Yup, Huber's working on it right now.

Hasney

I've not even got that far yet, still on Mars, but I love it there. Just the feel of the shooting and circle-strafing would have been enough even if the environment stayed a little dull.

Hasney

Can someone explain to me what the love and respect segment is all about?

User questions for the panel. It used to be "WELL YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS CONVERSATION" which Kyle yelled, but one time he said it sounded like domestic abuse so changed it to Love & Respect.

Hasney

It's judge's week, but he normally does other prep to since he's in LA.

Exactly. It's not anything to do with Jeff or Giant Bomb, but if Jeffs off doing E3 things, then the prep work has started in general and someone may have reached out to EZA to do something or other.

I know there are a lot of games being released at the moment (surprisingly many?), but will the new Homefront be getting a review? EZA are possibly the only outlet that weren't down on the game prior to release, so I think it would make for an interesting perspective.

Hopefully we can get their opinions on it tonight regardless, if it wins the vote.

Secondary question for anyone that can answer, is there a reason why EZA reviews seem to come out after all other outlets? Is it a time-based thing (with not being full-time), a review copy issue, or just a want to be more thorough (as it's pretty much impossible to alter a video review once it's published)?

Hasney

Secondary question for anyone that can answer, is there a reason why EZA reviews seem to come out after all other outlets? Is it a time-based thing (with not being full-time), a review copy issue, or just a want to be more thorough (as it's pretty much impossible to alter a video review once it's published)?

Think it's a combination of time and being thorough. Even if the reviewer dedicates all their time to getting through it and writing it up, it still needs to be voice by Brandon who is ridiculously busy and edited by either him or one of 2 part time editors. They don't seem willing to half-ass it to get it out "on time", which is fantastic.

Brandon also mentioned it in a Cup of Jones about how they don't feel like they have to be there day 1 all the time now as they don't have to get those day 1 views and all that with Patreon money there.

llehuty

I think they didn't get a review copy in time for Uncharted. There was another that had some problem and they had to modify the review. No idea about the others.

I know there are a lot of games being released at the moment (surprisingly many?), but will the new Homefront be getting a review? EZA are possibly the only outlet that weren't down on the game prior to release, so I think it would make for an interesting perspective.

Hopefully we can get their opinions on it tonight regardless, if it wins the vote.

Love to see Brandon review since hes always had a positive attitude to it since last E3, but I don't even know if he will be reviewing games again.

Visceir

Being on schedule or consistent has never really struck me as gametrailers/EZA forte tbh. Even with the Dark Souls III that they got waaay ahead of time the review ended up going up much later than others.

With their main income from patreons I don't think being there during all the reviews hype and getting the views really matters to them and if the patreons are cool with it then it's not really an issue.

That secondary answer's really case by case. Uncharted had limited copies and strict video embargo so we didn't get it as early as others. At the same time, we didn't want to rush it, Brandon was on vacation, etc. So yeah, multiple factors involved. Whereas we got some other reviews up right away.

As for Homefront specifically, I somehow missed Deep Silver when I saved my contact list and I've been having trouble getting a clear line of communication, but Ben and Brandon have both expressed interest in doing a review.
Being on schedule or consistent has never really struck me as gametrailers/EZA forte tbh. Even with the Dark Souls III that they got waaay ahead of time the review ended up going up much later than others.
Is 12 hours really considered that much later? It was the same day and still far ahead of launch.

jbluzb

With their main income from patreons I don't think being there during all the reviews hype and getting the views really matters to them and if the patreons are cool with it then it's not really an issue.

I second this. This is the beauty of a patreon supported group.

That secondary answer's really case by case. Uncharted had limited copies and strict video embargo so we didn't get it as early as others. At the same time, we didn't want to rush it, Brandon was on vacation, etc. So yeah, multiple factors involved. Whereas we got some other reviews up right away.

As for Homefront specifically, I somehow missed Deep Silver when I saved my contact list and I've been having trouble getting a clear line of communication, but Ben and Brandon have both expressed interest in doing a review.

Is 12 hours really considered that much later? It was the same day and still far ahead of launch.

I much rather have a complete review that you guys are truly happy with that doesn't worry about when it releases rather then a rushed one that you guys aren't happy with just to coincide with when other reviews are released.

Also Ben really really needs to review Trails of Cold Steel and finish it if he hasn't already.

Rikkun

Got excited when I remembered the announcement is today
Then remembered I live in Europe so I'll have to probably wait for tomorrow
Damn you America

Hasney

I've got no work for 3 days. I might be up long enough to see if something is announced at the start since I'll probably still be playing DOOM anyway.

Rikkun

I've got no work for 3 days. I might be up long enough to see if something is announced at the start since I'll probably still be playing DOOM anyway.
I wonder what's the percentage of foreign (non US/NA) patrons for EZA
Doom stream will start at 3am for me, so I'll miss it as pretty much every stream they do.
Thankfully I'm in for the shows.

Kneefoil

The moment I saw Kyle pick the harder difficulty in Beowulf, I knew a mistake had been made.

Not saying the game would've been enjoyable if he hadn't, but... more tolerable.

sora87

The moment I saw Kyle pick the harder difficulty in Beowulf, I knew a mistake had been made.

Not saying the game would've been enjoyable if he hadn't, but... more tolerable.

That's something they do a lot, put a game on the highest difficulty and struggle so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom