• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, from the YouTube comments

"Important note: www.gametrailers.com will be shutting down eventually. It could be today, or soon. If you have any fond memories, take a look while you can.

Due to the complexity of web code rights, servers, maintenance, ongoing costs, etc., IGN isn't able to keep it running in its old form."

LiK

FYI, from the YouTube comments

"Important note: www.gametrailers.com will be shutting down eventually. It could be today, or soon. If you have any fond memories, take a look while you can.

Due to the complexity of web code rights, servers, maintenance, ongoing costs, etc., IGN isn't able to keep it running in its old form."

Pretty funny that the old you lives on under IGN.

I want Huber to chime in. :p

Oh, and another important explanation from them.

"Hey Everyone! We wanted to take a quick moment to explain what's happening. IGN has acquired all of GameTrailers' assets from Defy Media. IGN started created video content in the late '90s, and GameTrailers soon after came onto the scene to produce kickass, broadcast-quality content. The team's work and passion has always made us better, and we've always had great respect for one another. And we're fans ourselves.

That's why we're happy to announce we're committed to archiving all of the big GameTrailers' content here.

Going forward, we want to continue making the /GameTrailes destination a great place for -- you guessed it -- trailers content. But only the good stuff.

Lastly, we are not using the GameTrailers brand/logo for anything at this moment. Frankly, that's what Easy Allies is up to; they are GT transformed. Be sure to check them out, and once again thank you to the whole team and congrats on the new endeavors: http://www.youtube.com/EasyAllies"

Oh, and another important explanation from them.

"Hey Everyone! We wanted to take a quick moment to explain what's happening. IGN has acquired all of GameTrailers' assets from Defy Media. IGN started created video content in the late '90s, and GameTrailers soon after came onto the scene to produce kickass, broadcast-quality content. The team's work and passion has always made us better, and we've always had great respect for one another. And we're fans ourselves.

That's why we're happy to announce we're committed to archiving all of the big GameTrailers' content here.

Going forward, we want to continue making the /GameTrailes destination a great place for -- you guessed it -- trailers content. But only the good stuff.

Lastly, we are not using the GameTrailers brand/logo for anything at this moment. Frankly, that's what Easy Allies is up to; they are GT transformed. Be sure to check them out, and once again thank you to the whole team and congrats on the new endeavors: http://www.youtube.com/EasyAllies"

It's actually really cool of them to give you a shout out. Hopefully it brings in a lot more interest.

Hasney

Speaking of GT, we recently surpassed the number of posts of the GT thread.

Took almost two months to do what took almost 13 months of the GT OT.

Wagram

Here's hoping IGN gets an actual video player for whatever they do with GameTrailers. Both of them are pretty mediocre compared to Youtube.

Here's hoping IGN gets an actual video player for whatever they do with GameTrailers. Both of them are pretty mediocre compared to Youtube.

They're basically just putting all the old content on the GameTrailers YouTube channel. I haven't heard anything about them putting it on IGN.com

Hasney

thank god homefront won the poll. who really wants to watch them play doom multiplayer?

After already watching some Homefront

354he1.gif

Might be a better stream as Doom multiplayer is just average while Homefront is

0J8BfUV.gif

Zanzura

I didn't enjoy the Doom MP beta at all so I voted Homefront... before I saw the reviews. I didn't expect it to be that bad, and some of the crew did like some or one of Homefront's trailers. Oh well, maybe their reactions/banter will make up for it. Kinda wish I voted for Shadow of the Beast instead, a game I know very little of.

The other thread about this news is full of drive by posts like this. The stuff is all being moved to GT's Youtube page, what's so hard to understand about that?
No IGN player. No old GT player. GT's site will soon be closed apparently and IGN is currently in the middle of transitioning their seperate channels content into separate YT channels ...and of course the Allies use YT too.

Even if you think the DOOM multiplayer sucks (there's people in the Patreon thread preaching how terrible it is) I don't understand how you could think Homefront would be a better option

Yeah dude don't do goofy deathmatch gameplay, let's get some overly serious America pride 2007 hotness up in here

(Unless they just end up playing the Timesplitters levels or something)

Screencheat was a blast last week

Even if you think the DOOM multiplayer sucks (there's people in the Patreon thread preaching how terrible it is) I don't understand how you could think Homefront would be a better option

Yeah dude don't do goofy deathmatch gameplay, let's get some overly serious America pride 2007 hotness up in here

Doom Multiplayer is boring bad.

Homefront is so offensively awful that the crew can be MST3K for tonight.

Liamc723

Homefront is supposed to be pretty bad and hardly anyone has seen anything from the game. It's pretty much an unknown to the majority of people, and that's far more interesting than Doom multiplayer, which a lot of people will have already played through the beta.

Homefront won't be boring awful?

It's not Devil's Third or something where you can laugh off the over-the-top stupidity. If their dumb trailers are any indication it'll just be constant eyerolls

Without having any investment in this, because I don't watch any streams.

I don't see the value in watching them play a game that's being streamed by thousands of people right now, because it's the hot shit on the market. You couldn't pick a more boring game, imo.

Hasney

Homefront won't be boring awful?

It's not Devil's Third or something where you can laugh off the ridiculousness. If their dumb trailers are any indication it'll just be constant eyerolls

Yeah, it takes itself wayyy too seriously to have any fun while it's bad. I've not watched a lot, mainly because the frame rate on the PS4 version makes the game goddamn near unwatchable even after the patch, but I've also read about some pretty overt racism.

The bad parts are just straight terrible, not funny terrible.

Without having any investment in this, because I don't watch any streams.

I don't see the value in watching them play a game that's being streamed by thousands of people right now, because it's the hot shit on the market. You couldn't pick a more boring game, imo.
The solo streams are better fit for "check out this game"

The group streams are all about fun and getting the group together. Picking a game that could get in the way of the dynamic sucks

That's all I'm sayin y'all

Alucrid

Banned

pretty much what i'm hoping for. ian and ben playing battleborn was pretty good

plus, if it was doom single player i would have changed my vote. but ben is streaming that anyways this week (right?) so might as well pick something different

Ruruja

Ah cool, they uploaded all the retrospective vids up on GT's youtube channel, guess I'll resub.

I think the first original GT content I saw was the Final Fantasy retrospective back when it first came out. "Hey it's the cool voice guy who does the reviews," I said at the time. Might give it another watch.

tok9

Looking forward to this group stream for the final two announcements.

Should be fun. I'm still thinking we'll get some kind of E3 plans/partnership announcement :)

Kneefoil

The most important question is, will they let Kyle and Huber fight over the Slusser Cup this E3, or will the cup's appearance need to be changed?

I'm guessing they have to change it, but it's not going to feel like the same coveted prize if they do change it.

Damn was really hoping Doom MP was gonna win. Though I seem to be the only person that likes it...

Except for the lack of music. And it should have been focused on weapon pick-ups rather than loadouts. Other than that, the gameplay is fun as hell.

Dmax3901

I hope this makes using things like Buttons and other things easier for them. Otherwise, it's nice to know all their work is safe!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
IGN is in the process of cataloging and archiving all of GT's old content on the GT youtube channel, so it will all have a home there forever. After that, Youtube.com/gametrailers will start hosting... game trailers. With no BS.

As for gametrailers.com, it'll stay online for a time, but eventually, some day, it'll point to a page like http://www.ign.com/trailers or perhaps it'll point directly to the YouTube channel.

The thing about games journalism is that all of us in the business like each other. It's a bummer to see a place like GT shut down, even though we were competitors. IGN was able to pick up a valuable domain about YouTube channel, and was able to archive and republish a lot of awesome and important content. Win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom