• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's sexist about uncharted 4
This is not story spoilers but if you care about going in completely blind don't click

He was talking about the priority of who cries out for Nate when the player dies. Presumably referring to Elena getting priority over everyone else. Which I don't even think is true 100% of the time but whatever. Even if it isn't, it's his wife.

Very much disagree and think he's looking a bit too hard for it but so be it

Shang

This is not story spoilers but if you care about going in completely blind don't click

He was talking about the priority of who cries out for Nate when the player dies. Presumably referring to Elena getting priority over everyone else. Which I don't even think is true 100% of the time but whatever. Even if it isn't, it's his wife.

Very much disagree and think he's looking a bit too hard for it but so be it

Haha what? Who said this?

Ian

I appreciate that someone would want to pay attention and make note of what they'd consider negative representations, but I'm really not seeing it here
Yea. It's a real stretch. Given all the events shown in the game. It treats all the women characters very very well and very respectful. Like if you find issues in Uncharted 4. You have to want to find it and even then squint and contort.

BigRedOne

If you join the patreon for Easy Allies are you able to download the podcast on Wednesday via iTunes or do you have to wait for Friday?

While I love Easy Allies and am actually contemplating increasing my pledge to 20 instead of 10 a month the one thing holding me back is Kyle. Why is it it seems like every Easy Allies member has their own weekly show except the most popular one? Final Bosman is dead and Bosman at Home should be a weekly EZA thing. Why is Bosman the only one who isn't...well I don't want to say committing but what other word is there? He's the only one uploading his own show away from the EZA channel.

I don't want to come off too critical but ultimately while I love the whole crew Bosman is what got me over the hump to actually subscribe and I want to know my dollars will go towards the weekly content I actually want to see.

Am I alone in this and totally crazy? Or do other people share the sentiment.

Oh and I wonder if The Final Bosman etc can be used now that IGN owns the GameTrailers brand.

Thores

While I love Easy Allies and am actually contemplating increasing my pledge to 20 instead of 10 a month the one thing holding me back is Kyle. Why is it it seems like every Easy Allies member has their own weekly show except the most popular one? Final Bosman is dead and Bosman at Home should be a weekly EZA thing. Why is Bosman the only one who isn't...well I don't want to say committing but what other word is there? He's the only one uploading his own show away from the EZA channel.

I don't want to come off too critical but ultimately while I love the whole crew Bosman is what got me over the hump to actually subscribe and I want to know my dollars will go towards the weekly content I actually want to see.

Oh and I wonder if The Final Bosman etc can be used now that IGN owns the GameTrailers brand.
I'm in the exact same boat, man. I've been saying since EZA was announced that I will double my pledge if Kyle ever gets a consistently updated show on their channel, or even if it's made a stretch goal.

Final Bosman used to have a budget, equipment, and an editor

Kyle does not have the means to make the same show and cannot guarantee a weekly program of that quality (especially as a part time employee) so he doesn't want the pressure. He's also at this time trying to find a job, and doesn't want to have people get used to a weekly show only to have it change and he fails to deliver. EZA was set up to work around them having other jobs

It's his choice. I get where you're coming from, Bosman is the best, but he's tried to explain this as best as he can.

tok9

I'm in the exact same boat, man. I've been saying since EZA was announced that I will double my pledge if Kyle ever gets a consistently updated show on their channel, or even if it's made a stretch goal.

Everything you're saying is exactly why Kyle doesn't have a show on EZA. Right now Kyle does not have a full time job and you can see he is able to do Bosman at Home when he wants.

If he had a show tied to the EZA patreon, there would be pressure to have a show every week. Now imagine if he does get another job. He'd be under serious pressure to consistently make a show every week along with his other EZA commitments.

Kyle is as committed as the rest of the Allies. The more money the EZA guys make, the more likely it is he'll be able to work full time on EZA and people will get that content they want. It's just not an overnight thing unfortunately.

Everything you're saying is exactly why Kyle doesn't have a show on EZA. Right now Kyle does not have a full time job and you can see he is able to do Bosman at Home when he wants.

If he had a show tied to the EZA patreon, there would be pressure to have a show every week. Now imagine if he does get another job. He'd be under serious pressure to consistently make a show every week along with his other EZA commitments.

Kyle is as committed as the rest of the Allies. The more money the EZA guys make, the more likely it is he'll be able to work full time on EZA and people will get that content they want. It's just not an overnight thing unfortunately.

My point is arent Huber and soon Damiani and Ian under that same pressure? To be fair Kyle does more with the EZA podcast and Brandon Plays PKMN.

Visceir

My point is arent Huber and soon Damiani and Ian under that same pressure? To be fair Kyle does with the EZA podcast and Brandon Plays PKMN.

Don't mean to put the other EZA members down but I think Kyle takes the quality of his show much more seriously and puts more time and effort into it.

I do think having a little pressure on can be a good thing though and the "what if he gets another job" argument isn't exactly instilling confidence in this project.

tok9

My point is arent Huber and soon Damiani and Ian under that same pressure? To be fair Kyle does with the EZA podcast and Brandon Plays PKMN.

Sure but you're talking about different shows and different schedules.

Even at GT there were times we didn't get a Final Bosman for whatever reason. With the pressure of patreon now, I don't think Kyle would be comfortable doing that.

So it's all those things really.

tok9

I do think having a little pressure on can be a good thing though and the "what if he gets another job" argument isn't exactly instilling confidence in this project.

But the whole point is he isn't over committing. If he gets another job, nothing changes. However if he was doing a Bosman show and then got another job, he didn't feel comfortable that he'd have the time to deliver that show too.

Visceir

But the whole point is he isn't over committing. If he gets another job, nothing changes. However if he was doing a Bosman show and then got another job, he didn't feel comfortable that he'd have the time to deliver that show too.

Yea, I get the reality of the situation. I just think it would instill more confidence in their viewers and patreons in the project if they had more faith and commitment to it themselves (talking about specifically Bosman here). Having a "I'm 100% on board, baby!" Bosman instead of a "well, might get a second job" Bosman.

I want things to change, I want EZA to do well and grow.

Hasney

My point is arent Huber and soon Damiani and Ian under that same pressure? To be fair Kyle does more with the EZA podcast and Brandon Plays PKMN.

Yea, I get the reality of the situation. I just think it would instill more confidence in their viewers and patreons in the project if they had more faith and commitment to it themselves (talking about specifically Bosman here). Having a "I'm 100% on board, baby!" Bosman instead of a "well, might get a second job" Bosman.

I want things to change, I want EZA to do well and grow.

I think it's really unfair to say Kyle isn't committing to EZA. Look at everything he has committed to do weekly even if he does get a job, which is why his streams are in the evening:

Weekly Podcast
Brandon Plays Pokemon
Tabletop Escapades
Dumb Game Monday
Brandon plays Pokemon (For now obviously)
Bos V Woz
Group Stream
Appearances on Easy Update and Frame Trap

Honestly, who does more other than Brandon? I'd say with reviews everyone's doing a lot and possibly on par, but to say Kyle is any less committed than anyone else is a huge disservice to everything he has done and is doing.

Damianis show isn't weekly and Ian is just recording random things. Great random things, I'm not criticising or saying its "lazy" like other people did, but there's no script, production is just whatever In has time for and its off the cuff entertainment. For Huber Syndrome, Huber records a block of episodes (I think he did 5 at once) like they do for tabletop, so one Saturday and he's done for at least a month.

Kyle isn't willing to drop the quality too hard, yet he's down a dedicated cameraman and editor, so is doing that on his own (on an i5, no less), doesn't have the full time pay where he can work on his script during his working hours and being a topical show, doesn't have the luxury of recording in advance. The gap between episodes wasn't just his computer dying, but he also threw out a shoot because he wasn't happy with it. If he was being paid for it, he'd have had to shit it out early anyway. It's a huge commitment and a ton of pressure to do it weekly.

It's your money, I'm not trying to convince you to pay more and if Kyles show is a deal breaker, then that's fine. But the constant painting of Kyle not being committed really is starting to rub me the wrong way.

Visceir

I think it's really unfair to say Kyle isn't committing to EZA. Look at everything he has committed to do weekly even if he does get a job, which is why his streams are in the evening

To me personally it's more about the messaging and the stance he has taken rather than what he does and has put into EZA -- like I said, it doesn't instill confidence in the project if they don't seem all too confident about it themself.

Hasney

To me personally it's more about the messaging and the stance he has taken rather than what he does and has put into EZA -- like I said, it doesn't instill confidence in the project if they don't seem all too confident about it themself.

What's not confident about it? Look at all that stuff he does and will continue to do. Maybe the best thing would have been for Kyle not to do a show at all then, it seems like utter madness because a show like Bowman's including the bonus bits would be all a full time job itself. Maybe it should be the $100,000 stretch goal or something.

He can't do the show weekly unless he makes the show worse. If he brought it over to EZA, there would be complaints either way about quality or frequency, because you can only pick one.

I'm more interested on what they saw at ND studio that they signed NDA for.
Must be nice.

It was just a standard NDA to cover anyone that walks in the door. There are a few things I probably shouldn't share, but even if I told you, you'd probably just be like "oh, that's it?"

dex3108

Will E3 goal (40K) be used for something else after E3? I think that they should use it for Trailer Jones after E3 because 45K is a bit high goal for that show. Also it is nice to see Damiani back :D

tok9

It sounds like you're asking how long is a piece of string? I don't really understand what you mean by confidence.

As it is EZA is doing incredibly well but even with that they are nowhere near all going fulltime and realistically they won't on patreon funds alone.

If you mean he's not confident patreon funds will lead to full employment than ya, that's right. He's being realistic.

Doc_Drop

I think it's really unfair to say Kyle isn't committing to EZA. Look at everything he has committed to do weekly even if he does get a job, which is why his streams are in the evening:

Weekly Podcast
Brandon Plays Pokemon
Tabletop Escapades
Dumb Game Monday
Brandon plays Pokemon (For now obviously)
Bos V Woz
Group Stream
Appearances on Easy Update and Frame Trap

Honestly, who does more other than Brandon? I'd say with reviews everyone's doing a lot and possibly on par, but to say Kyle is any less committed than anyone else is a huge disservice to everything he has done and is doing.

Damianis show isn't weekly and Ian is just recording random things. Great random things, I'm not criticising or saying its "lazy" like other people did, but there's no script, production is just whatever In has time for and its off the cuff entertainment. For Huber Syndrome, Huber records a block of episodes (I think he did 5 at once) like they do for tabletop, so one Saturday and he's done for at least a month.

Kyle isn't willing to drop the quality too hard, yet he's down a dedicated cameraman and editor, so is doing that on his own (on an i5, no less), doesn't have the full time pay where he can work on his script during his working hours and being a topical show, doesn't have the luxury of recording in advance. The gap between episodes wasn't just his computer dying, but he also threw out a shoot because he wasn't happy with it. If he was being paid for it, he'd have had to shit it out early anyway. It's a huge commitment and a ton of pressure to do it weekly.

It's your money, I'm not trying to convince you to pay more and if Kyles show is a deal breaker, then that's fine. But the constant painting of Kyle not being committed really is starting to rub me the wrong way.

Thank you. I don't think people actually think about what they're asking for sometimes. If people haven't realised Kyle level of perfectionalism and self-doubt about the quality of his content and the fact that putting it in a commitment under the Patreon pledge/promise without knowing if he would be able to deliver what he'd be happy with makes him very anxious then I don't know what to say. The guy puts in solid work in every area of Easy Allies and to question his commitment is ludicrous tbh. Even though they have a highly successful Patreon,it's still not enough to pay them all wages,they still need to do other work and you'd think it'd be obvious he doesn't want to let fans down

dickroach

Will E3 goal (40K) be used for something else after E3?

they're all going to go into some weird manic thing and act like every Tuesday is E3.

nah, but considering their GT E3 set up was the same as the GT Time set up, I'd assume the new stuff would be used for the future pods?

Thank you. I don't think people actually think about what they're asking for sometimes. If people haven't realised Kyle level of perfectionalism and self-doubt about the quality of his content and the fact that putting it in a commitment under the Patreon pledge/promise without knowing if he would be able to deliver what he'd be happy with makes him very anxious then I don't know what to say. The guy puts in solid work in every area of Easy Allies and to question his commitment is ludicrous tbh. Even though they have a highly successful Patreon,it's still not enough to pay them all wages,they still need to do other work and you'd think it'd be obvious he doesn't want to let fans down
I think the issue some people have is that they want kyle to come out and be like 'eza is my full time priority' regardless of the fact that his actions show how committed he is to the show considering all the work he currently does.

These people basically can't see the forest for the trees, statements mean more to them then actually output which is the wrong way to look at things in my mind.

Would I like a weekly bosman at home? Of course, but I know kyle is a perfectionist and has a lot of self doubt so I have absolutely no problem with him taking the approach he currently is.

Lexad

The pressure Kyle seems to put on himself as compared to ian or huber is what is keeping Bosman at home off EZA. The frankly dickish comments about him not committing are what is keeping it off EZA. Every five pages we have this discussion and it further reinforces my belief that Kyle did the right thing to leave it off the main channel. You guys would tear him apart if he missed a week and it was part of a patreon

Visceir

If you mean he's not confident patreon funds will lead to full employment than ya, that's right. He's being realistic.

Pretty much. Didn't mean to start comparing EZA to other groups but the Kinda Funny guys seem adamant on making Kinda Funny work and it shows. Imagine Greg Miller putting his show on a separate channel and talking about maybe KF not working out and looking for other jobs.

Again, it's purely about the messaging. Ironically, I'm pretty sure Bosman has made similar complaints towards game trailers and game advertisement campaigns.

Hasney

Pretty much. Didn't mean to start comparing EZA to other groups but the Kinda Funny guys seem adamant on making Kinda Funny work and it shows. Imagine Greg Miller putting his show on a separate channel and talking about maybe KF not working out and looking for other jobs.

Again, it's purely about the messaging. Ironically, I'm pretty sure Bosman has made similar complaints towards game trailers and game advertisement campaigns.

Well you say that, but Kinda Funny was their side thing from their full time job and they weren't totally committed to it until they did the Games part. In fact, their shows were for s completely different company while Kinda Funny was happening.

The pressure Kyle seems to put on himself as compared to ian or huber is what is keeping Bosman at home off EZA. The frankly dickish comments about him not committing are what is keeping it off EZA. Every five pages we have this discussion and it further reinforces my belief that Kyle did the right thing to leave it off the main channel. You guys would tear him apart if he missed a week and it was part of a patreon
Yeah I imagine he would be getting shit from patreons and even non patreon supporters if it wasn't delivered as promised.

That's one thing I have noticed with a lot of patreon supporters that I really don't like. Because you are supporting them some people feel like their opinions have more weight then they should do, during ever stream you have someone complaining about the audio level even when it's perfect, moaning about the camera positioning, complaining about bens d&d rules, complaining about kyle having his footage for his wozniak stream be black and white to fit with the rest of the footage etc.

I feel that it also runs the risk of making eza feel like they aren't doing something right and feel pressure to adjust to these vocal minorities when they should just feel like they know what they are doing and continue providing the content that they have been doing for years and have a much better understanding of than some fans think they do.

LeleSocho

Banned

Yeah he has been pretty smart about it.
No ill feelings towards Jones and the other Allies but he's pretty much the face of EZA and was the same of the late GT.
Distancing himself a little has done a service to himself and his partners, he will be less stressed about delivering content and has given the others the chance to shine and be known by the greater audience.

Volotaire

Damiani hype. Group stream Tuesday of DREAMS.

Edit: For those not watching. New milestones. 40k they will up their E3 coverage. Better cameras, headsets, and a broadcast desk. 45k a new show called Trailer Jones. It is basically trailer score. And Damiani has moved back to California and is a permanent member.

Great news about Damiani, and I hope Easy Allies can reach the 45k milestone. I would love Trailer Jones.

Hasney

Feel like the TrailerJones thing came off the back of IGN doing stuff with GT. He seemed really down on doing anything with trailers after leaving GT and GT becoming nothing but a shell based on that one Cup of Jones where he talked about it, but seems really happy that IGN are giving all the old content a home and talked to him about it, so that's awesome.

Thores

I think it's really unfair to say Kyle isn't committing to EZA.

I feel like I should clarify that I don't think he's not committing because clearly he's doing a lot and I think all of it is great. My main point was that Final Bosman was my favorite part of GameTrailers, I miss him having a weekly show, and would gladly give EZA more money if that was a reality. I've heard his reasoning and I respect it, and he is both a fantastic podcast moderator and fun streamer at EZA. That doesn't stop me from wishing I could somehow see his high quality scripted comedy and game industry analysis on a more consistent basis.

My thoughts exactly, and probably his too. It's incredible to see how, once a Patreon is successful, the relationship of a creator with his audience changes this radically. It's very inspiring tosee how they are managing expectations and making sure they message their moves appropriately to avoid any unwanted drama.

Colin and Greg literally spent a year building up a non-competing audience on YouTube and Patreon while they still worked at IGN as some of their most senior editors. Seems to me they hedged their bets and awful lot, and the GT staff never had that luxury since they were laid off.

I feel like I should clarify that I don't think he's not committing because clearly he's doing a lot and I think all of it is great. My main point was that Final Bosman was my favorite part of GameTrailers, I miss him having a weekly show, and would gladly give EZA more money if that was a reality. I've heard his reasoning and I respect it, and he is both a fantastic podcast moderator and fun streamer at EZA. That doesn't stop me from wishing I could somehow see his high quality scripted comedy and game industry analysis on a more consistent basis.

I see where you're coming from, and I agree. We need more Bosman in our lives, but the dude is doing so much already.
The pressure for him to release more content on a weekly basis would break any normal human being.
I'm one of those who are happy how things are at right now. I'd rather have a happy EZA than an EZA being forced to get their content out at a specific timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom