• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
So I'm guessing the Patreon is a success? I don't have a frame of reference, but they are getting up there on their goals.

Minions

So I'm guessing the Patreon is a success? I don't have a frame of reference, but they are getting up there on their goals.

Of course. They said they exceeded every expectation. I believe they have another $3k~ or more in income from twitch subs as well. Plus around a hundred shirt orders when its all said and done. Huge success.

It certainly is a good amount of money to start things off. The only big problem I have in mind is that they don't really have their own location/studio where they can do all their work. Obviously invading Brandon's house 24/7 ain't gonna work and it's a bitch to move equipment from location to location all the time. 26k should easily be enough to have a few people full time if they so choose, new equipment/random bills and support a few shows made by people who are only part time.

I believe they have another $3k~ or more in income from twitch subs as well.

If the stuff people murmur about the size of Twitch cut it'll probably end up being closer to 2k but that is still a very nice monthly boost if they can keep it up.

It's a huge success to achieve that in a day.

And it greatly exceeded their hopes. Early in the stream Brandon mentioned they were hoping to get to $2300 so that they could get the equipment and could build from that.

Bittercup

Didn't they archive the beginning of the stream? I only see 2 parts under past broadcasts but the first hours seem to be missing.
I went to bed during monopoly and wanted to see the rest later today.

Hasney

Didn't they archive the beginning of the stream? I only see 2 parts under past broadcasts but the first hours seem to be missing.

They thought they did, but they didn't. BUCKLED.

PepperedHam

Great stream. Watching them play Pokken pushed me over the edge to pick that up this week and play it with some friends. Actually, watching this whole stream just really made me wanna call my friends right up and have them over for some games.

crimilde

Banned
I only got to watch the first 3 hours of the stream before going to bed, so I'm very glad they've at least archived the rest.

Myggen

Good to hear that they archived the rest of the stream because I missed the whole thing.

Contributed $20 to the Patreon, least I could do.

DKHF

I saw the first hour at least so if I watch all that was archived I will have only missed 2 hours. Looking forward to the first podcast.

Hasney

Good to hear that they archived the rest of the stream because I missed the whole thing.

Contributed $20 to the Patreon, least I could do.

fzMe4T9.gif

I saw the first hour at least so if I watch all that was archived I will have only missed 2 hours. Looking forward to the first podcast.

Yup, so happy they're podcasting again from tomorrow!

New merch went up while I slept too.

1,width=300,height=300,appearanceId=1,backgroundColor=fff,version=1458621876.jpg

Spman2099

I expect it to climb by about a thousand or two for the next three days or so. When all is said and done, and the bounced subscribers are removed from the total, it will probably be sitting at the 30,000 mark. That is my expectation, at least.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

Wtf seriously..? I wanted to watch the beginning.

Hasney

Updated the OP with some of the people who showed ups Twitters because it was all fun. Think some people showed up as guests while I was sleeping so not sure who those ones are!

Could you let us know what happened? Could you sum it up? Also, what were their reactions to it being a huge success? Man, I really wanted to watch all that...

They were still taking all the reaction in, think the most any of them had slept was 4 hours. They basically made a Monopoly board complete with photos using all the old phrases like Backdoor Shady Deals, $$Bud Light Blvd.$$ and Est Tut Mir Lane.

ulYTrHG.png

Also a dance party every $1k they made on the Patreon.

Qe2lWIQ.gif

Nice! Good stuff!
Not sure on the name though... but I don't get the reference.. so it's not aimed at me I guess.. Giving money on patreon anyway... can't wait to get back on my bosman routine.. :)

Zafir

I'll have to catch the second half of the stream later, as it sounds pretty good.

Had to go to sleep courtesy of work. :(

Tregard

Soothsayer
Watching the recording with AJ and them all playing Smash, it's so good to be back.

Brandon playing as Roy proves he had the best taste, also.

Spman2099

3,000 here, but I wouldn't expect any big movements now. maybe when the podcast goes up? Even that feels like a stretch.

No, the rush is over. That being said, there will still probably be a reasonable amount of stragglers sauntering in over the next week or so.

There won't be any huge leaps coming before they start getting their shows out and hopefully reach new audience. But personally I think just maintaining this kind of support for longer period of time would be a win.

Nice to see another $1400 was pledged since I had to tap out and call it a night during the stream (gonna watch the last 5 hours archived right now!)

I remain cautiously optimistic that last $3600 to hit 30k will trickle in and stick once the 1st hits.

Åesop;198876270 said:
Did you manage to record it? :S

It should have recorded up to the first time the stream crapped out (was using livestreamer).

So probably the first 3 hours or so. It could be possible that 20~ minutes or so after the first half hour is muted. Will see when i get home, at work right now.

Kasper

I'm just happy the Patreon has reached the heights it actually has. While 30k would be amazing, getting that last 3600 seems like a stretch when you take into account that it needs to be sustained after the first month drop off, which will probably be a few thousand at least. The three 500 dollar patrons alone should be a drop of 1500, since I don't think those automatically repeat, what with them being meant for advertisers. But I'm hopeful that the Patreon can consistently sustain 20k, which is great :)

Judging by their comments on the stream and the hints Brandon had been dropping during his pre-launch world tour, in a day they achieved what they had thought would take at least several weeks, if not months.

Looking at the goals they've already hit, we are pretty much back to where GT was before the shutdown and then some (a 2nd podcast and Damiani's new show) so it might be a good thing that they'll have a bit of time to figure out the stuff they are already committed to before they throw anymore on to the pile.

GlamFM

Banned
Judging by their comments on the stream and the hints Brandon had been dropping during his pre-launch world tour, in a day they achieved what they had thought would take at least several weeks, if not months.

Looking at the goals they've already hit, we are pretty much back to where GT was before the shutdown and then some (a 2nd podcast and Damiani's new show) so it might be a good thing that they'll have a bit of time to figure out the stuff they are already committed to before they throw anymore on to the pile.

The success of the Patreon will probably also attract potential sponsors.

There´s a lot of room for growth.

The success of the Patreon will probably also attract potential sponsors.

There´s a lot of room for growth.

Yup!

Though I personally don't see them getting-to and staying above 30k after the 1st (not until they actually have a cohesive and consistent schedule etc in motiion), I definitely harbour hopes that by the end of the year they can indeed have a new studio via income sources other than just Patreon.

A new studio that isn't Brandon Jones's house that is.

How does initial Patreon funding usually go? With Kickstarters, you get the biggest burst of funding in the first 48 hours obviously, but money continues to trickle in and there's another burst at the very end, so that you get roughly as much money from the rest of the funding period as you got in the first 48 hours. Does Patreon funding in the first month have that kind of tail? Or is it pretty dead in the water after the first two days?

James93

So I know they're not obliged to give details, but I can't help but be curious. Have they elaborated on how exactly this new gig works for them in terms of employment?

I've seen Brandon saying things like "this isn't a full time job yet" - are they going to have day jobs on top of this?

Hopefully most of them have a nice rainny day fund to hold over till it gets going. They aren't dumb they can't rely on this till its been going for a few months.

Right now the patron should generate about 400k a year.
Add about another 100k a year from youtube money and what not.

Of the 500k take away around 20% for taxes. So they are left with 400k.
I would guess around another 100k in production, equipment and various expenses.

So 300k to pay 7 people. Would allow around a 40k a year salary.

Thats best case scenario with no benefits and assuming they don't have rent to pay.

DKHF

How does initial Patreon funding usually go? With Kickstarters, you get the biggest burst of funding in the first 48 hours obviously, but money continues to trickle in and there's another burst at the very end, so that you get roughly as much money from the rest of the funding period as you got in the first 48 hours. Does Patreon funding in the first month have that kind of tail? Or is it pretty dead in the water after the first two days?
From my experience with it (mainly following Kinda Funny) I think after the first 48 hours it pretty much stops for the most part. But they could do what Kinda Funny did in January 2016 and hold another huge stream at or near the end of the month that is all about pimping the Patreon (maybe having banners on screen promoting it) and they can get another huge bump in money.

Tankard

Got to watch the end of stream archived this morning. So happy for their success, and just by watching Brandon's interview on Kinda Funny you can see he was really expecting a lot less for the initial support, he was talking Retrospectives like in a very distant future.

Can't wait for their new podcast. We are back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom