• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully most of them have a nice rainny day fund to hold over till it gets going. They aren't dumb they can't rely on this till its been going for a few months.

Right now the patron should generate about 400k a year.
Add about another 100k a year from youtube money and what not.

Of the 500k take away around 20% for taxes. So they are left with 400k.
I would guess around another 100k in production, equipment and various expenses.

So 300k to pay 7 people. Would allow around a 40k a year salary.

Thats best case scenario with no benefits and assuming they don't have rent to pay.
Add twitch subs, donations and their side jobs (they are not full time on this), I think it is looking pretty good so far.

Tankard

Add twitch subs, donations and their side jobs (they are not full time on this), I think it is looking pretty good so far.

Forget the sidejobs, ain't gonna happen. They were expecting at best a support of 2.5k a month in the beginning and starting very slow with the shows. Now they have like 7 or 8 shows to be back/remade and a huge crowd of followers to please. There is no way in hell anyone of them could sustain another job, it's all in or out.

Portugeezer

Of course. They said they exceeded every expectation. I believe they have another $3k~ or more in income from twitch subs as well. Plus around a hundred shirt orders when its all said and done. Huge success.
How many subs they have on Twitch? Because Twitch takes 50% I believe.

wiibomb

Do they really want side jobs?

I thought the patreon are kinda granting them a full time job on this. They don't have the studio yet, but they could start working on that for later.

Hasney

Do they really want side jobs?

I thought the patreon are kinda granting them a full time job on this. They don't have the studio yet, but they could start working on that for later.

They probably don't want them, but they still might need them. Who knows what their individual circumstances are right now even with all this. They did say at the start it probably wouldn't support them full time, but that was before the massive outpour of pledges.

Fell asleep like right at 2:45a so I missed a few minutes of the end of Mario Party. But it was such a great stream through out. Really glad to see these guys again.

wiibomb

They probably don't want them, but they still might need them. Who knows what their individual circumstances are right now even with all this. They did say at the start it probably wouldn't support them full time, but that was before the massive outpour of pledges.

Yeah, exactly, I wonder if with this money they could be taking this job full time.

Yeah, they are a lot of people, so I still don't know how far can this money support them

Heartfyre

Yeah, exactly, I wonder if with this money they could be taking this job full time.

Yeah, they are a lot of people, so I still don't know how far can this money support them

I remember reading yesterday that one of them said it would take somewhere beyond $50,000 a month to support them all full-time. I can't remember where it was to source it, since I was reading everything yesterday, but I do remember reading that. It's hard to know what, if anything, has changed as a result of the unexpected (to them) runaway success of the Patreon, but I'm still thinking that they'll need to keep working in order to make rent, and car insurance, and groceries, and electricity costs, and so on. I'd say it's not a coincidence that the stream times are mostly late in the evening to set that precedent.

DKHF

So glad they are streaming for the FFXV: Uncovered event. These guys stream for all the best events no one else does (this upcoming event, Sony's TGS conference, Dragon Quest XI reveal)

jbluzb

I think so too... they did not anticipate such massive support day 1 as they were thinking this will just be a side project while looking for fulltime jobs.

wiibomb

they have a date to when they plan to inaugurate the site?

I don't think they are thinking of making a site, the main focus is the youtube channel and twitch.

I remember reading yesterday that one of them said it would take somewhere beyond $50,000 a month to support them all full-time. I can't remember where it was to source it, since I was reading everything yesterday, but I do remember reading that. It's hard to know what, if anything, has changed as a result of the unexpected (to them) runaway success of the Patreon, but I'm still thinking that they'll need to keep working in order to make rent, and car insurance, and groceries, and electricity costs, and so on. I'd say it's not a coincidence that the stream times are mostly late in the evening to set that precedent.

Since they are this much people, yeah, 50k seems reasonable, specially considering some of you already said living in LA is quite costly.

I just hope this is just the start of a better income later on with some other supporters and sponsors, the kinda funny way seems like the correct thing to do.

farisr

I think so too... they did not anticipate such massive support day 1 as they were thinking this will just be a side project while looking for fulltime jobs.
This is still probably not enough to support them all in the end though. But at the very least, instead of taking fulltime jobs elsewhere and treating this as a side project. They can treat this as their main project and look for part-time jobs instead if they have other costs to cover.

I have no clue about cost of living, taxes and what not. But at 25k a month, if you split it 8 ways, the annual income per person comes out to 37.5k (before taxes).

Eylos

Banned
This is still probably not enough to support them all in the end though. But at the very least, instead of taking fulltime jobs elsewhere and treating this as a side project. They can treat this as their main project and look for part-time jobs instead.

just a guess, but maybe some guys will work full time, others part time

Yeah they've been pretty clever with the model they're using. With it being so flexible, they can at the bare minimum stream and make a podcast while working another, main job. As more money comes in via Patreon, sponsors, etc. it allows more and more of them to focus on EZA full time.

At the moment I think it's only Brandon who is not actively seeking out other employment, with him being in charge of EZA (at least that was the impression I got, maybe he is finding another job as well). Obviously with the incredible reaction they've had after one day of Patreon some of the others may be coming on board full time too.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, not only did they surpass their expectations, they smashed through them. They were expecting around 3k, they fucking got 28k (subs and merch).

I think they are going to have meetings soon to discuss "ok wow, what do we do now?"

Like I said, invest that first in equipment. Put out high quality stuff, and it'll be easier to maintain patreon/gain sponsorships.

I know everyone probably wants to get paid, and rightfully so. But I think getting everything set up and looking good asap will pay dividends for them later.

Plus the good thing is that right now, they honestly don't have a lot of overhead. But I wonder what the long term goal is. Would it possible to rent a space on their current budget? 50k I think is out of reach. It seems to be extremely rare for a patreon to get 40k, nevermind 50k. Can they do anything for less?

wiibomb

There is no way to access an archive on the twitch mobile app, right?

Using the browser for those archive links is the worst, mostly don't ever work.
Is there a way to 1 time donate or is it only monthly?
Only monthly for now, just patreon and twitch, both are monthly

farisr

Is there a way to 1 time donate or is it only monthly?
The systems available are only monthly, but patreon allows you to pledge whatever you want. So you can basically set up a monthly patreon amount, but set it to the 1 time amount you want to give them. And then stop it from recurring after the 1st payment is made I guess.

sora87

There is no way to access an archive on the twitch mobile app, right?

Using the browser for those archive links is the worst, mostly don't ever work.

You can go to the channel and click past broadcasts. That's how it is on the android app anyway

James93

Its not a bad start at all. Now its time for them to figure out what they are going to do. Since it seemed their plan was a couple shows. Now they have the funding to almost run an entire outlet.

ilium

The stream was such a joy, especially because their streams are usually very EU-unfriendly. That's fine for me, because I'm not that interested in twitch streams, but still, I thoroughly enjoyed watching last night and must've fallen asleep during Whiplash, which was such a riot. Love the jackbox party games.

Now I'm super excited for tomorrow.

Hasney

Its not a bad start at all. Now its time for them to figure out what they are going to do. Since it seemed their plan was a couple shows. Now they have the funding to almost run an entire outlet.

Their plan was streaming, podcast and Bosman doing his thing. They didn't think that they would even hit the Huber show at $4k in the first day. Now they've got to sit down and thrash out a production schedule for all the shows and around 4 reviews a month.

Still my favourite exchange on the stream:

Ben: "Thanks to you guys, we'll be doing things we thought we'd never be able to do. We're doing reviews again!"
Ryan: "I'm so sorry"

The stream was such a joy, especially because their streams are usually very EU-unfriendly. That's fine for me, because I'm not that interested in twitch streams, but still, I thoroughly enjoyed watching last night and must've fallen asleep during Whiplash, which was such a riot. Love the jackbox party games.

Now I'm super excited for tomorrow.

So Brandon is doing Toybox Tuesday today at 10am pacific which means 17:00 hours for us in the UK and an hour later for Western Europe. So we get another stream for our time!

ilium

So Brandon is doing Toybox Tuesday today at 10am pacific which means 17:00 hours for us in the UK and an hour later for Western Europe. So we get another stream for our time!

Sweet.

I hope Ben's Monster Hunter Generations stream will be EU friendlyish. He seemed very excited yesterday when I asked him if he'll play.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue

Ben: "Thanks to you guys, we'll be doing things we thought we'd never be able to do. We're doing reviews again!"

I'm not entirely wrong.

UrbanRats

Their plan was streaming, podcast and Bosman doing his thing. They didn't think that they would even hit the Huber show at $4k in the first day. Now they've got to sit down and thrash out a production schedule for all the shows and around 4 reviews a month.

Ryan Stevens was on the stream? When i tuned in i saw Brandon's trainer, AJ and later Justin Speer.

Naythan

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two of them have to do this full time to get all of this done. Brandon I'm sure will be full time.

Like I said, invest that first in equipment. Put out high quality stuff, and it'll be easier to maintain patreon/gain sponsorships.

Totally agree. I never understood why they always streamed with such low quality equipment. I think the reasoning was to have high production for the shows and the reviews, while the streams were a thing "on the side". Nowadays things are reversed, you have to put your best in community interaction, you can't skim on that front.
I really hope that they start streaming with good audio and a damn mixer, plus maybe someone checking the levels on their side (the days of "chat, how's the audio?" have to end).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom