• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO DISRESPECT to anyone but this thread drains me on EZA.

I guess as a result of some ppl being backers, it's too much "they should do this...." rather than discussing the actual topics they discussed

Again, not tryina insult anyone, but I don't remember the GT thread being like this. Also not saying one discussion topic is righteous over another, just my personal preference/opinion

I'll probably just scale back on visiting this thread, and see how it goes

Guys I'm in mild shock as to how good Don's Discount Gaming is, that first episode was literally 10/10 on all fronts from writing to production to the frigging music and choice of game. I don't even know or care much about that kind of thing but Don made me fascinated and the way he talks and his whole style is just fucking perfect.

How are there so many geniuses at Easy Allies?

Visceir

I guess as a result of some ppl being backers, it's too much "they should do this...." rather than discussing the actual topics they discussed

Again, not tryina insult anyone, but I don't remember the GT thread being like this. Also not saying one discussion topic is righteous over another, just my personal preference/opinion

It was exactly like this though. There were plenty of "I think they would do better if they did x and y, I just want them to succeed!" posts in the GT OT too.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Next week is pretty hype Kyle's standup coming up I think?
And hopefully DQ 11 news, if it hits hope Ben does something on it.

Hasney

I think he's actually going to do it properly. The way he's been saying to please look forward to it made it sound like he'll obviously be trolling so it ends up as a double troll.

Brand new animal jokes do count though.

Myggen

This is probably the most positive fan thread I`ve seen on GAF, especially a thread on Gaming. The GT thread had a tiny amount of traffic, so it`s pretty natural that it was more positive since it was probably just the most positive opinions that found its way into that thread.

Lexad

You should check out the psilu kinda funny thread. That one really turned to hell a couple weeks ago. The arguments when they spent 20 minutes ordering food on one podcast and the post roosterteeth episode were awful

Lexad

Guys I'm in mild shock as to how good Don's Discount Gaming is, that first episode was literally 10/10 on all fronts from writing to production to the frigging music and choice of game. I don't even know or care much about that kind of thing but Don made me fascinated and the way he talks and his whole style is just fucking perfect.

How are there so many geniuses at Easy Allies?

Second episode threw me for a loop as I admittedly was hoping for more of the same show format as the first l but the quarters segment at the end slayed me

I hope it returns to the pawn stars segment at the end but also could look forward to goofball stuff like quarters

Man, ya'll just jealous cause it's the

BEA STIE BOYS

obligatory nofunallowed.jpg

Seriously though, it's not even that bad (well, it's bad in a fun way). And it doesn't even have to be the Beastie Boys every week. And it takes too long? It was 5 minutes out of an hour and a half long podcast... 5% of the total podcast time.

I say let them try it out a couple of more times and if everybody including them hates it, then drop it.

More importantly, though, I like how Bosman called out Blood and Jones for being on their phones. It's just distracting to both them and the people watching.

You should check out the psilu kinda funny thread. That one really turned to hell a couple weeks ago. The arguments when they spent 20 minutes ordering food on one podcast and the post roosterteeth episode were awful

Oh sounds fun. Got a link? Or do you know what pages that was on?

Lexad

Man, ya'll just jealous cause it's the

BEA STIE BOYS

obligatory nofunallowed.jpg

Seriously though, it's not even that bad (well, it's bad in a fun way). And it doesn't even have to be the Beastie Boys every week. And it takes too long? It was 5 minutes out of an hour and a half long podcast... 5% of the total podcast time.

I say let them try it out a couple of more times and if everybody including them hates it, then drop it.

More importantly, though, I like how Bosman called out Blood and Jones for being on their phones. It's just distracting to both them and the people watching.

Oh sounds fun. Got a link? Or do you know what pages that was on?

I can't remember the actual page but someone insinuated they weren't dedicated to the podcast and that Colin was on meds because they sounded exhausted when they recorded an episode while at roosterteeth ( how is that not dedicated?) Colin showed up and kind of ripped into the guy and called him out on it

Tankard

Damn, you guys were really bothered by the beastie boys thing, huh? lol. I honestly thought the icebreaker questions on GT Time were way worse.. "if you were a dolphin, what would you..." i always skipped it.

I thought what made a lot of people feel bad about it this week is the awkwardness of Blood not committing to it and being clearly bothered by it. With the right people with the mood for it it could be fun. Maybe it's also one of those "jokes" that work really well one time and then it's never fun again.

I didn't like the beastie segment because it seemed kyle was imposing it on everybody else, but there a simple way to make it right.

1) kyle give everyone a beat and word to rhyme with some days before the show
2) everyone comes up with 4 phrases, more than that if they feel like it
3) on the show, without preamble, kyle start the beat and there you go, everyone start laying down sick rhymes, changing theirs on the fly and trying to guess everybody's else finishers for 4 rounds (16 bars total)

4) laughter all around, reciprocal love and respect, success

Wiggy

Catching up on dumb game monday. Can't believe Beowulf broke Kyle, it looked much better than power rangers. I guess rangers was pretty easy though, so you could breeze through it. Anyway I hope Huber was watching, because making Kyle play it till the end (on the same difficulty, or higher) could be a good final bets forfeit.

EZA just beat out Daily Tech News Show for the #9 spot of most popular Patreon campaigns: https://graphtreon.com/top-patreon-creators

Cool! Look out SciShow you're next :p

Zomba13

theyre just being self conscious. thats the entire point of an icebreaker. to break through that.

But they are fine without it. They've talked about things before without doing a silly game that makes certain members feel weird. They don't need an icebreaker that makes people feel self concious so they can then break the ice with an icebreaker.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Keep it!

82106248.gif

Myggen

But they are fine without it. They've talked about things before without doing a silly game that makes certain members feel weird. They don't need an icebreaker that makes people feel self concious so they can then break the ice with an icebreaker.

Agreed.

Ashtar

EZA just beat out Daily Tech News Show for the #9 spot of most popular Patreon campaigns: https://graphtreon.com/top-patreon-creators

What in the world is the "breeding season" O____o
Anyway I preferred the old question to the beastie boys just because it's so hard for them to do it well lol, also I'm terrible at freestyling so I feel bad for them.
Other wise love the podcast as always.
Do we get a frame trap as well this week?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What in the world is the "breeding season" O____o
Anyway I preferred the old question to the beastie boys just because it's so hard for them to do it well lol, also I'm terrible at freestyling so I feel bad for them.
Other wise love the podcast as always.
Do we get a frame trap as well this week?

Probably on monday/tuesday depending on your timezone.

Chuck

Still without luck
That's what I thought of it.

Kyle sometimes seems like he wishes he had 4 other Kyles to Kyle about with.

The Beastie Boys rap is great, everyone needs to stop complaining.

Agreed, I also appreciated Kyle cracking down on the phone use because it actually was bothering me during the podcast. Personally thought it was on the other guys to not make it awkward "yep, my bad!" And move on. Instead we got, similar to some responses during the rap, some childish behavior.

Anyways, I just started watching the hearthstone tournament on a whim last night and then downloaded the game immediately. It looks like a blast! They mentioned they might hold an Overwatch tournament next, which I would be hyped for, but it would undoubtedly be on PC.

Any EZA fans want to team up in Overwatch on PS4 anyways? Could always use more friends, shoot me a request at JakeNoseIt on PSN and just put EZA in the message or something!

Sami+

I'm not a fan of the Beastie Boys thing. Not enough to skip or even really go out of my way to complain about it but if we're gonna be on "teams" I'd definitely wanna say I could go without it. I loved the questions from GT Time, for the record. I want there to be something but this just doesn't seem to be hitting imo

Kasper

Fantastic episode this week. I had never heard of this game before, it looks great!

Also a really good story arc through out the episode. Can't wait for next week.

I hope Don is happy with the response the show is getting so he'll decide to create a second season at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom