• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtar

After all the hype of Brandon Plays Pokemon, I had to get the game on virtual console and play myself. Just caught the best pokemon, Psyduck, but struggling to come up with a nickname, ideas?

it actually has me wanting to play pokeman, I remember when my brother was little he had a gameboy and pokeman but I never played it. Also props for showing respect for Psyduck the best pokemon. Personally I'd name him Chuck for professor X, or jean if it's a girl (does psyduck have a gender?)

Roubjon

I'm thinking of canceling my Twitch subscription to increase my Patreon pledge. I feel like that money will be more useful over there.

Wagram

God forbid people realize that paying does not entitle you to dictate the actual content of the show and that maybe if you don't have a sense of humor about it, skipping it isn't that big of a deal?

Tell that to shareholders, which is exactly what patron's are. If they are dissatisfied with management or in this case content, they may choose to stop funding. It's something to consider, so if people dislike it, they SHOULD voice their opinion on it.

P.S. the rap is cringe.

Naythan

Tell that to shareholders, which is exactly what patron's are. If they are dissatisfied with management or in this case content, they may choose to stop funding. It's something to consider, so if people dislike it, they SHOULD voice their opinion on it.

P.S. the rap is cringe.

Patrons are not shareholders. You are buying in to what is essentially a subscription service with specific rewards. You're paying for a product, nothing more. Of course they are free to take suggestions from viewers and they should do that, but we are not entitled to anything besides getting the product we paid for.

Gvitor

I should've stopped laughing about the Fatburger jokes by now, but the delivery is always so spot-on I can't help but smile.

"Quiznos, also a sponsor of this show"
"Yeah, they're owned by fatburger"
"Really?"

So happy!

KMsDc2A7miP-JRJi3RbMx3sfVMFfOxmuaRsfdfNkjHi7bQsIUGzO75xDQkTm7MM1_vcqVB9EbRoT_ViYvC8HYlmVyxDT-WpJV8GWp_5vKlnOAVGKSs5VaAtIjnC7NBz9zHY8zWdT_yQa9lrCgB5XZZr-aaigclA_zVu4kzItLVWeLFiTdS-GWjWoQ5DVTPjODEVjVxNLH29aTNVkcUAIlMsQEJHRScpdN8bimm8p0iHp62gs2iK-ZkeEZ3EVFzMwRGaDvliE4VpCVrW5zWh3iZuindWlJ8rFaItytWP_iM0GLhw2ZxSbnHOsWsUki9PQvbvopopjJ4jA-VhHBXnHgWaxYUGYhPb0oMyLQ2IhqIWCv3ZrifZ_lIpGCiFBQhkXj-7Xbaikp1oSOkS9vHzKt7onyOwYyvYUdRJ04d3YQQ7rwvCatM1Bikgt0kekhnZ4kw6xCJS_n-vhzJpCUj3GjW1SOcNCjoWFJc4qpHjCrKQ3fbLtbxulOTKwzasvKJ5OI-7tyW4LZPGQWhj30MFE1HIxsX0e8J_R-yF2JGUDYZLsmgsi6pYckpLnb8hT3zAgwtH_SmH7NgC4Q1IO-wAom3BYdaGr8qg3=w762-h515-no

Patrons are not shareholders. You are buying in to what is essentially a subscription service with specific rewards. You're paying for a product, nothing more. Of course they are free to take suggestions from viewers and they should do that, but we are not entitled to anything besides getting the product we paid for.

It's kind of funny since historically, patrons give for the sake of allowing artists or organizations to make decisions about their work free from pressures from the market or corporate owners.

Really the best analogy I can give is public radio (assuming you have quality public radio options) but people give so they can get quality music and news programming that doesn't simply cater to the lowest common denominator. Of course donors can always part ways if they don't agree with the overall direction the station is going, but few would expect to feel like every program and decision is catered directly to them.

fastmower

It's kind of funny since historically, patrons give for the sake of allowing artists or organizations to make decisions about their work free from pressures from the market or corporate owners.

Really the best analogy I can give is public radio (assuming you have quality public radio options) but people give so they can get quality music and news programming that doesn't simply cater to the lowest common denominator. Of course donors can always part ways if they don't agree with the overall direction the station is going, but few would expect to feel like every program and decision is catered directly to them.

Well said. Thanks for chiming in!

I should've stopped laughing about the Fatburger jokes by now, but the delivery is always so spot-on I can't help but smile.

"Quiznos, also a sponsor of this show"
"Yeah, they're owned by fatburger"
"Really?"

Even when I get tired of it (don't know when that will be), I'll still respect it.

His delivery is on point.

So what you are saying is.... the rap should stay.

Thanks Blood for being insightful as always :)

Loved that easy update. Elyse and Ian back together again. In free flowing nonsense.

But now it's bitter sweet because she's gone again :(

Hope she makes another appearance in a month or two

Burt

Yeah, it's hard sometimes to refrain from asking people if they know what 'patron' actually means.

That being said, I do miss the days of lightsaber v. tron disk and power rangers v. ninja turtles

Who's this weird canadian chick with ian guys, she reminds me of someone from a not so distant past
Sponsorship tier perk, I guess. Must be nice.

mishakoz

P.S. the rap is cringe.

I used to think this. It's tough and weird. People in this thread are divided, half just want to say positive things about the content, and half want to discuss on how EZA can improve and grow. I don't think either side is wrong but they certainly aren't helping each other.

We should be critical like we would anything else. I'm critical of games I play, I pay for a game and think "Naughty Dog should really have fat Drake in this game". Can't imagine people coming along and saying "if you don't like what they do don't buy it" or "you have no right to make suggestions, Naughty Dog doesn't have to listen to you" Yeah, you're right, they don't. Blizzard didn't have to listen to that guy talk about Tracers butt pose but they did. Making suggestions as fans/patrons and a group responding to them and improving as a result is a very functional relationship.

So yeah, I wish we would all agree on here that saying things like "easy update should be less random" or "I don't get why it will cost 5k more a month to fund a show about trailers" aren't bad things to say. Criticism is good, the Allies know what they are doing but this is also a new venture for all of them. Everyone here has one thing in common and thats that we want to see EZA grow and succeed.

PS I don't like the rap, it's funny and give me a chuckle but I liked the question more because it gave me new introspective into the superstar people.

Edit: also like Blood said, I think that their content shouldn't cater to the LCD. I respect Ian and Huber's shows even tho they arent for me, other patrons enjoy them.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So I tune into Maximilians stream and see Damiani on there streaming a one piece game. So that's cool.

Could never get into these licensed anime games, the series is soooo good though(I mean shit made me cry over a friggin boat, what a story) and a major contributor in improving my Japanese. Too bad it's so gigantic now intimidating people from getting into it. Also definitely feels like a series that the part of EZA that watches anime would be really into(judging by the stuff they mentioned). I regard One Piece kind of as the epitome of Japanese weirdness that is kind of part of the inherent charm of most of the stuff they produce. Still insane when you hear about how big the franchise is in Japan.
Anyone knows if Damiani keeping up with the series or is he just playing the game?

A shame that there's no OP rpg that goes all wild and allows you to make your own custom crew, would be totally into that.

Twitch takes close to 50 percent of subscription fees. Ad payouts are neglible from streams that hover around 200 to 300 viewers.

Giving money to their patreon account with actual goals is far better than twitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom