• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching this week's podcast, I expected the Beastie Boys part at the start to be cringey as fuck because of the comments in here. It was actually funny and not really awkward at all? Loved it last week as well.

I'm putting the word 'cringe' up with 'pander' as the most over-used words on the internet. Mary Sue's probably up there as well.

Hasney

Watching this week's podcast, I expected the Beastie Boys part at the start to be cringey as fuck because of the comments in here. It was actually funny and not really awkward at all? Loved it last week as well.

I'm putting the word 'cringe' up with 'pander' as the most over-used words on the internet. Mary Sue's probably up there as well.

Embarassing
is my choice for one of the most overused words too

Kyle is totally right on Link's Awakening being better than A Link to the Past by the way. I feel you dude. <3

Most definitely. For me A Link to the Past is the weakest Zelda I've played so far. I didn't really dig it.

I don't really like the Beasty Boys Part too

Philippo

I'm sorry, but DDG's AAA quality put every otjer EZA show to shame.

Also i have some of the jollyiest coop memories about Goemon 64.

jack party box, get on it allies! it'd be great for the group stream

and Don is the bomb as always. i loved Goemon as a kid but never got into the gambling bit in the game.

Tsosie

jack party box, get on it allies! it'd be great for the group stream

and Don is the bomb as always. i loved Goemon as a kid but never got into the gambling bit in the game.

They played Quipich(spelling) in their last group stream. That was only because Homefront kept hitting "still installing" screens during the playthrough.

He's not on the podcasts by choice I believe.
:( ... But... Don't kill the dream. he'll be one one day, just you wait.
Funny, I was about to say I love the mic he uses. Gives it a low key discount vibe

oh man i really don't like it, I actually avoid the show because the mic quality bothers me so much. I started the new ep thinking "oh he finally got a better mic" but before watching the whole thing I skimmed a bit and noticed that he actually still uses the cheap one and just exited the tab. :x

Naythan

oh man i really don't like it, I actually avoid the show because the mic quality bothers me so much. I started the new ep thinking "oh he finally got a better mic" but before watching the whole thing I skimmed a bit and noticed that he actually still uses the cheap one and just exited the tab. :x

The cheap audio is completely intentional and is part of the show's aesthetic. Don has a regular mic, obviously he just chooses not to use it.

Zomba13

Three or four people (tops) used the word "cringe" to describe the segment in the past few pages. Most just don't think it's funny, think it's bad or think it does a bad job at "breaking the ice" because there isn't any ice to break because they are all regulars and they don't get guests from outside of EZA on and because it takes too long to explain the rules and get people to actually do it right (and even then people mess it up or miss out or don't join in).

I'd rather 5 minutes spent just talking about games they played recently or 5 more minutes of opinions on a game release/news topic/love and respect question instead of a silly game that adds nothing.

Kneefoil

Three or four people (tops) used the word "cringe" to describe the segment in the past few pages. Most just don't think it's funny, think it's bad or think it does a bad job at "breaking the ice" because there isn't any ice to break because they are all regulars and they don't get guests from outside of EZA on and because it takes too long to explain the rules and get people to actually do it right (and even then people mess it up or miss out or don't join in).

I'd rather 5 minutes spent just talking about games they played recently or 5 more minutes of opinions on a game release/news topic/love and respect question instead of a silly game that adds nothing.

Would the time spent on the icebreaker be used for anything else though? If you look at the podcast lengths, they vary a lot. Currently the shortest podcast is 1:07:19, and the longest one is 1:41:33, so I wouldn't so sure that it's actually taking any time out from any other discussion.

aOlafsson

Neo Member
I never expected that I would love Don's show as much as I do. Best thing EZA are making at the moment for me, even ahead of the podcast.

Embarassing
is my choice for one of the most overused words too

Garbage would be up there as well.

Good thing it's not one or the other then, especially since they got new cards and can record longer.

Chuck

Still without luck
Unrelated to the current discussion, but why didn't they buy easyallies.com and have it redirect to their youtube account?

Tankard

So this was the last episode of Don's show? Noooo =(

I need a lot more of this, this show is like gambling, can't get enough.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just want to leave a shoutout to EZA for timestamping their podcasts. Not many podcasts that I listen to do that, cause it takes quite a bit of time, but it's really appreciated. Big quality of life feature for me as a listener.

Just want to leave a shoutout to EZA for timestamping their podcasts. Not many podcasts that I listen to do that, cause it takes quite a bit of time, but it's really appreciated. Big quality of life feature for me as a listener.

Seconded, but now I've become spoiled. With other podcasts I get frustrated at the lack of this.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
My last thought on the rap thing, actually relistening to last weeks episode it worked pretty well there(which is why I guess people wanted it back) cause it fit everyone's personality more I guess?

Maybe the lesson is: "the needs of the panel should also be considered against the needs of the listeners?" ;P

I'm dissapointed Kyle and Damiani ain't doing the Zelda stream. Understandable but dissapointed.

I hope at least Huber, Brad and/or Blood are up to the task. Unless the whole posse is going to the show floor.

Late to the episode but oh god, the icebreaker bullshit at the start. Worse than the superseat question on GT Time. I skipped forward two minutes. Good on Blood for calling it out as nonsense that they shouldn't be doing.

Late to the episode but oh god, the icebreaker bullshit at the start. Worse than the superseat question on GT Time. I skipped forward two minutes. Good on Blood for calling it out as nonsense that they shouldn't be doing.
Hell yea dude fight the power

Why are people getting so mad at the beastie boys game? You have to fight for your right to podcast and that's exactly what Kyle is doing

After all the hype of Brandon Plays Pokemon, I had to get the game on virtual console and play myself. Just caught the best pokemon, Psyduck, but struggling to come up with a nickname, ideas?

Naythan

Whether you like it or hate it, all of this hubub about the Beastie Boys segment pretty much guarantees it will be gone from the show next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom