• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Good memories having Elyse on the show but she definitely seems past Update now. There was a bit of a disconnection. Still nice to see her and Ian together anyway.

A pretty and familiar face doesn't make a good episode. I'm sure most of you will be offended by this, but that was a waste of time and a waste of a guest.

Where did I do that?

I know, which is exactly what I did.

What are you actually upset about, here? Is the EA content immune to criticism or something?

I have noticed that if you don't call everything "GREAT" or "BEST THING EVER" you get jumped on as being some salty, cynical, no fun arse.

It always seems odd to me when people happily exclaim how much they enjoy something but quickly try to shut up those who voice their dislikes.

dickroach

i might be a bit late to this, but i was lurkin on my phone the past day or so:
their whole attitude as to what's what, lends itself to people giving feedback. what "we" want and what "we" don't.... Brandon had mentioned that a bunch in the first handful of vids that that's important because "we" are their employers-ish
but I also think the best thing about GT was they were doing their own thing. and that's why we liked them.
I'm a backer. have been and will be. I ain't suggesting shit. i'll say a thing or two in the stream chats and that's about it. I want these people that we like to do what they want to do.

(with that said, kyle is an improv guy. i get where he's coming from. none of the other dudes [to my knowledge] are improv guys. i dunno if the warm-ups are needed.... actually, they're totally not, but i like the idea! mix it up! love and respect)

edit: I want more of Don's show
double edit: just saw the thumbnail for EZUpdate. YEEEEEAAAAHH <3

"I got you a birthday present. I hope you don't have it already."
".....sex castle."

"he's always telling me it's not twilight."

Hasney

That was a fun Easy Update, just a shame it wasn't longer.

Small update from the RDR stream as I haven't seen it mentioned, but fingers crossed that Brandon plays Pokemon should be later today... Although he did say yesterday for Cup of Jones, so who knows!

Hasnt been going well...

How about some Love and Respect

Ha, that's awesome.

dickroach

I just dropped outta the 200 D&D tier if anyone wants to hop in

edit: just watched the end of the pod. green lizards got it.

MrMette

Yeah, I loved the new Easy Update. Fun to see Elyse again. Especially because I thought it wouldn't happen because I thought she wasn't allowed to by her contract.

I do miss Mandatory Update a bit more after seeing this, but what can you do.

Kasper

I don't understand those that start to attack people whenever someone has a criticism of some kind. What do you people actually think others mean with their criticism? That EZA should change everything they're doing to befit them? If so you're misunderstanding how criticism works for the most part, unless we're dealing with someone who's extremely egotistical.

When someone is saying "I don't like x", then it's most likely just to let EZA know that they dislike that thing, and then EZA can do with that information what they will. No one is dictating how EZA should run their business or tailor their content, but collecting the feedback from a lot of people is a good way for EZA to gauge what works and what doesn't. If the feedback is always just "this is the greatest thing ever", then they have no idea what works and what doesn't, and in the end it could (as a worst-case scenario) go the way of Kinda Funny where the guys have become so full of themselves that any kind of negative feedback is met with the nonsense reply of "fuck off, you were never a real best friend to begin with".

Now, sure, there's the entitled prick here and there (and those should get called out, but they are few and far between here, it's not the YouTube comment section), but treating every bit of criticism with an assault is, as Huber says it, like throwing gasoline on a non-situation (buy shirt here, it's great!). If you disagree with someones criticism of a piece of content, then ballance it out by letting the thread/EZA know that you like it. In the end Blood, Ben and the rest of the gang checking in on this thread, the chat, and so on will weigh the pros and cons of continuing with something. I trust they know what they're doing and can handle constructive criticism.

dickroach

I do miss Mandatory Update a bit more after seeing this, but what can you do.
yeah? i think I liked the Man Ups Nights the most. and after Elyse left it was nothing but Man Ups Nights. the last ep (kill your babies) might have been my favorite.

Jones had kinda given the impression in the first month that "you're our bosses. tell us what to do." that's where all that comes from. there's feedback, and then there's "I want to see this or I'll unsub."
whatever. people dooz what they do -__-

UrbanRats

Yeah the defensiveness in the thread is out of wack.
Criticism of one thing doesn't mean hating the whole endevour (even if that was the case, this is a discussion forum, not a circle jerk).
Ironically these type of arguments are what actually prolongs these discussions more than necessary.

dickroach

Yeah the defensiveness in the thread is out of wack.
Criticism of one thing doesn't mean hating the whole endevour (even if that was the case, this is a discussion forum, not a circle jerk).
Ironically these type of arguments are what actually prolongs these discussions more than necessary.

BUT WHY DOESN'T BOSMAN CARE?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand those that start to attack people whenever someone has a criticism of some kind. What do you people actually think others mean with their criticism? That EZA should change everything they're doing to befit them? If so you're misunderstanding how criticism works for the most part, unless we're dealing with someone who's extremely egotistical.

When someone is saying "I don't like x", then it's most likely just to let EZA know that they dislike that thing, and then EZA can do with that information what they will. No one is dictating how EZA should run their business or tailor their content, but collecting the feedback from a lot of people is a good way for EZA to gauge what works and what doesn't. If the feedback is always just "this is the greatest thing ever", then they have no idea what works and what doesn't, and in the end it could (as a worst-case scenario) go the way of Kinda Funny where the guys have become so full of themselves that any kind of negative feedback is met with the nonsense reply of "fuck off, you were never a real best friend to begin with".

Now, sure, there's the entitled prick here and there (and those should get called out, but they are few and far between here, it's not the YouTube comment section), but treating every bit of criticism with an assault is, as Huber says it, like throwing gasoline on a non-situation (buy shirt here, it's great!). If you disagree with someones criticism of a piece of content, then ballance it out by letting the thread/EZA know that you like it. In the end Blood, Ben and the rest of the gang checking in on this thread, the chat, and so on will weigh the pros and cons of continuing with something. I trust they know what they're doing and can handle constructive criticism.

I think what grates people is how certain things are expressed and without intonation often things sound harsher than they're probably meant to be(at least I hope and believe so until people say otherwise).

Like when you read stuff like "this needs to go" you maybe just kind of get that petulant child vibe that kind of invokes this attitude of "stop being so damn entitled".

But like I said I hope that this is just people being a bit lazy expressing themselves and it coming off worse than it's meant to be a bit like when you express something really controversial without all the phrasings that would make that kind of opinion approachable(stuff like "in my opinion", "that's how it made me feel" yada yada yada). Like to be honest sometimes I post something and notice that it probably does not come out correctly(second languages are sometimes hard).

But I agree with you mostly and how those things invoke this type of defensiveness makes this thread definitely less enjoyable.

I guess you just have to remind yourself and believe that despite how and what everyone is saying in the end patrons want EZA to keep doing EZA and trust their own instincts.
Meanwhile I hope that the EZA crew reading this thread don't get too annoyed by our musings even if they go in grating directions :).

I think what grates people is how certain things are expressed and without intonation often things sound harsher than they're probably meant to be(at least I hope and believe so until people say otherwise).
Yea I don't really care if people don't like the rap (it's awkward as hell and that's why I enjoyed it) I was just surprised people seemed legitimately angry about it

Late to the episode but oh god, the icebreaker bullshit at the start. Worse than the superseat question on GT Time. I skipped forward two minutes. Good on Blood for calling it out as nonsense that they shouldn't be doing.
Not trying to call this person out specifically but come on now, no need to get this rattled over it. Just say "lose the rap" or something

Sorry to prolong the dumb rap discussion, I had commented yesterday and it seemed like my sentiments were being treated as fanboy defensiveness/whatever

Yea I don't really care if people don't like the rap (it's awkward as hell and that's why I enjoyed it) I was just surprised people seemed legitimately angry about it

Not trying to call this person out specifically but come on now, no need to get this rattled over it. Just say "lose the rap" or something

I'll be sure to be sweeter with my words in future as to not offend your delicate nature.

You need to get a grip.

ilium

All you allies and EZ addicts
Don't mean to diss
Don't mean to bring static
All you updaters in the fucking house
Grab your tabletop friend and get loud

Check-ch-check-check-check-ch-check it out
What-wha-what-what-what's this all about
Work-wa-work-work-work-wa-work it out
Let's turn this motherfuckin' thread around

Can't wait to watch the new EZ update episode tonight. Elyse oooooh yes!
Also Don's show quickly became one of my favorites. I hope we'll get a 2nd season.
I would love to watch Don drive around doing pet detective stuff in the seedy underbelly of 201X Los Angeles.
Film Noir style, 80s synthesizer, pet replicants. Heck, I think I want Blade Runner with Don...

enough of all the bickering.

Hey guys, I'm just catching up on the past 10 pages after a week awa.....

fire_community.gif

Love to see a Don review of Pocket Jockey or just hear his thoughts. I personally hate horse racing, but this game has consumed me. So addictive.

This thread is something else.

Anyhow, the Elyse guest spot was amazing. Whether or not she is able to do more she has definitely been missed.

I didn't enjoy the episode of Don's Gaming Discount all that much. While I really liked the game and his story, making the show revolve around gambling makes me weirdly uncomfortable. I'm probably looking at it from a way too serious angle.

I thought Don's show was going to be about him starting with a couple of bucks, looking for some bargains, selling them on for a profit and finally working his way up to an Oculus or something. Would've been cool watching him barter week after week.

That first episode was so good, and while I've enjoyed the other two very much it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

As for Elyse's return, well, there's really not much to say. Nothing happened. Has Funhaus sucked all the fun out of her? I thoroughly enjoyed that song though, the first Ian number I've liked.

Yea I thought the funds were going to carry over every episode for don. I like that the last two are more about his history but I loved the first episode.

He referenced the money in the last two but it was missing the stakes

Hasney

As for Elyse's return, well, there's really not much to say. Nothing happened. Has Funhaus sucked all the fun out of her? I thoroughly enjoyed that song though, the first Ian number I've liked.

She was probably expecting to be shouted over at any second, like any time she's on camera at work.

Kasper

I thought Don's show was going to be about him starting with a couple of bucks, looking for some bargains, selling them on for a profit and finally working his way up to an Oculus or something. Would've been cool watching him barter week after week.

That first episode was so good, and while I've enjoyed the other two very much it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

I really enjoy what Don's show has become, but I definitely think the concept on display in the first episode was way, way stronger. With some added production values that could have been a legit idea for a reality show on some basic cable network. It would have been amazing to see his balance at the end of each week going either up or down in his pursuit of some expensive product.

Hasney

Ugh, does that actually happen?

What a waste. She's so talented. Come back home, Elyse. Please.

To be fair, I only watched the one of the first ones she was on and the GT closure one. Some shitty podcast type thing while some guy played a game at the same time and it happened both times.

What is all this silliness on the past few pages about whining that people don't get the definition of a "patron" and the "artistic freedom" associated with it?

Patronage is heavily associated with commissioning of artwork and contracts. That's a free cry from some carte blanche artistic prerogative.

To be fair, I only watched the one of the first ones she was on and the GT closure one. Some shitty podcast type thing while some guy played a game at the same time and it happened both times.

That's GT Live, where they interview a developer/industry, usually while having someone off screen play their game. They also have a live Q&A from Twitch followers, after the main interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom