• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naythan

Just to be clear, I am not against criticism of EZA. I just hate when people point out that they're a backer as if it makes their criticisms more important or worth something more. This is a discussion thread, not an investors meeting. Complain about the Beastie Boys rap all you want but don't harp on the fact that you're paying for the content like that should make any difference. Mostly, I'm against people being overly negative about EZA. Really, the icebreaker is a pretty innocuous 2 minute thing that Kyle thought was funny. You're free not to like it but to come in here and act like a complete dick about it is on another level and you should expect to be called out. You can be critical without all the non-posi vibes some people were bringing.

Moving on, I'm very happy to see Elyse and Ian back together again, if only for a moment. :')

Auctopus

It's interesting to read the Funhaus viewers comments on Youtube. A lot of them are saying how they never get to see Elyse this "natural" and wish she was on Funhaus more. I don't watch them but what on Earth do they do with her over there?

Hasney

Can't believe Woz is doing dirty tricks to beat Bosman. Getting in his own mothers head!

It's interesting to read the Funhaus viewers comments on Youtube. A lot of them are saying how they never get to see Elyse this "natural" and wish she was on Funhaus more. I don't watch them but what on Earth do they do with her over there?

There's nothing natural about Funhaus. Think Huber Shenmue reaction if they found a penny on the floor or lots of shouting if it's angry. Basically, it's a popular gaming YouTube channel.

farisr

Man, if we don't hit 40,000 before the end of the month it'll sting... I want the E3 coverage to be the best it can be.

Hasney

Man, if we don't hit 40,000 before the end of the month it'll sting... I want the E3 coverage to be the best it can be.

I'm really hoping that they're able to do a one off PayPal donation push stream with a goal. Almost like a PBS telethon if they don't hit it before the Patreon deadline. I messaged them on Patron about that idea because a bunch of people here thought it was a good one, so hopefully they have time and resource for something like that in the first week of June.

What is all this silliness on the past few pages about whining that people don't get the definition of a "patron" and the "artistic freedom" associated with it?

Patronage is heavily associated with commissioning of artwork and contracts. That's a free cry from some carte blanche artistic prerogative.

gUklWRr.gif

I don't mean to over exaggerate or anything but this week's Easy Update might be the best video ever uploaded to YouTube.
But seriously, Ian and Elyse together again, the way it should be.

farisr

It's funny how I just got to the Lavender town section of TeamFourStar's Leaf Green Nuzlocke playthrough (which has been so damn entertaining with all of its rules, and their personalities), and Brandon Plays Pokemon (which is entertaining due to their personalities, and it being brand new for Brandon) is covering this same exact section as well.

Burt

Damn, grinding a magikarp into gyrados without knowing the gyrados is coming is impressive. I could hardly do it knowing what it would turn into. And yeah, the box management struggle is too real. Really awesome hearing the stories he's picking up as he goes through this.

One aspect that seems unfair is when Brandon gets made fun of for mechanics in Polemon when almost everything is explained by random NPCs in odd ordering.

I'm just like Brandon (and similar age) where I never tried Pokemon even though I know it's been out there forever. And so I'm playing my first Pokemon in a similar pace as Brandon. I'm playing yellow. And I can't recall a RPG where items, moves, etc whether in menus or stores don't describe what it does. I keep thinking I'm missing a button and maybe I am. But the game can be intentionally obtuse.

I just end up looking things up online. And to his credit he's not.

Hasney

One aspect that seems unfair is when Brandon gets made fun of for mechanics in Polemon when almost everything is explained by random NPCs in odd ordering.

I'm just like Brandon (and similar age) where I never tried Pokemon even though I know it's been out there forever. And so I'm playing my first Pokemon in a similar pace as Brandon. I'm playing yellow. And I can't recall a RPG where items, moves, etc whether in menus or stores don't describe what it does. I keep thinking I'm missing a button and maybe I am. But the game can be intentionally obtuse.

I just end up looking things up online. And to his credit he's not.

What's interesting is that me and my friends in school never looked things up either because there wasn't a great lot of places you could look things up, but it seemed to make sense. I don't know if it's because it just made sense tons teenagers brain or because we were all playing it that the knowledge gaps were filled by us talking about it, but it was always a smooth experience.

What's interesting is that me and my friends in school never looked things up either because there wasn't a great lot of places you could look things up, but it seemed to make sense. I don't know if it's because it just made sense tons teenagers brain or because we were all playing it that the knowledge gaps were filled by us talking about it, but it was always a smooth experience.

A friend and I were just reminiscing on the same thing...How did we know anything?!? Haha

In your experiences, do you find that most people give their Pokemon nicknames?

Personally, I like to keep them unnamed, but it's hilarious to see what people come up with lol.

Personally, I like to keep them unnamed, but it's hilarious to see what people come up with lol.

If I had played the game before seeing the anime I definately would have given them names. But I watched the anime first and it kinda just stuck with me that pokemon don't have actual names.

Kneefoil

I don't think most people name their Pokémon. I used to never do that either, and I still don't usually do it on my first playthroughs, but on subsequent playthroughs, or while doing post-game stuff, I like to name my Pokémon. At least half the time though, the names I come up with are pretty dull and unimaginative. I wish I'd come up with Grimgrin while naming my Haunter in HeartGold.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How is Kyle going to broach the topic of that "other way to evolve"? I think now was the time, if not very soon.

Its not something you'd naturally expect as it doesn't make a lot of sense since its busywork.

Gvitor

Decided to watch Brandon Plays Pokémon for the first time. Started in this latest episode, and it was a long ass episode, but damn, it was so good. Will continue watching this series.

Kyle's smug face while asking questions like "who do you think Ghastly evolves into?" after talking about Haunter, lol.

Visceir

Wow Jones building up a pretty awesome team, can't wait to see our fellow Gaffer's artwork!

Yeah, oddly enough this is something I'm really looking forward to too.

This was a really great episode, guess I can progress my pokemon playthrough too now.

I somehow doubt most of them watch all too much Funhaus stuff. Shes funny and great in the videos she is in.

Can anyone give a summary of Damiani video? At work.

-Not doing any partnership with another youtube channel
-It will post only on EZA youtube
-He said it will probably be posted for everyone at the same time but isnt 100% sure yet
-He wants to do a weekly show (possibly talking about Zelda) and try to stream twice a week at around 1pm pacific time
-He's getting a new mic soon
-Said the show is called game sleuth because its not generic

I think that about sums it up.

cluto

Haven't been through this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this idea's been done before, but the most recent episode of Brandon Plays Pokemans really gave off this sort of vibe:

bQM3cIl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom