• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amauri14

Haven't been through this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this idea's been done before, but the most recent episode of Brandon Plays Pokemans really gave off this sort of vibe:

bQM3cIl.png

Magneto-perfection.gif

wiibomb

Haven't been through this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this idea's been done before, but the most recent episode of Brandon Plays Pokemans really gave off this sort of vibe:

bQM3cIl.png

OMG... this is all kinds of brilliant, I guess brandon is steamrolling his way through the game.

I'll watch the ep tomorrow.

sora87

This episode of brandon plays pokemon really hit home how much I love their separate editorial ventures. The other ones were fun and all but this one was just so good, so jolly, so nostalgic and so cosy.

Mikey Jr.

-Not doing any partnership with another youtube channel
-It will post only on EZA youtube
-He said it will probably be posted for everyone at the same time but isnt 100% sure yet
-He wants to do a weekly show (possibly talking about Zelda) and try to stream twice a week at around 1pm pacific time
-He's getting a new mic soon
-Said the show is called game sleuth because its not generic

I think that about sums it up.

Thanks!

Another weekly show sounds great. Zelda centric would be boring to me tbh. Maybe something more like Nintendo news. Though even then, I care little of Nintendo, but it is what Damiani knows best, so....

I fucking love Brendan Plays Pokémon. It's like an adorable time capsule. Kyle's a great person to bounce this off as well, since he cares deeply about seemingly trivial bullshit. I noticed Kyle fishing after the Rival's reason for being in the Pokémon Tower, but Jones didn't really take the bait. That Game Corner segment especially was interesting, because they basically confirmed and explained what I suspected all along. Also props for sticking with Magikarp without knowing the pay-off.

I'm not sure why he is so mistrusting of trading though. I would have assumed that trading was the one element of Pokémon that his cursory knowledge would have been familiar with. That it was a huge part of the series, and should be safe?

Any guesses on what he'll turn his Eevee into? Given how things have been going, I'm going to assume it'll become a Jolteon. Flareon would be a waste seeing as he has Johnny, and after how much Kyle has been talking up Cleo, he might be set for a water Pokémon. That just leaves a potential Sparky replacement.

Good to hear Damiani is getting ready for his content. I've always enjoyed his work, even when it was just Zelda speedruns.

I know I'm really late to the party with this, but I just watched episode 3 of Frame Trap, and I want to say I'm with Huber all the way on his stance regarding the inclusion of Japanese audio in Persona 5 and FFXV. If a game is set in Japan, features a Japanese cast, is made by a Japanese team and/or just looks very Japanese in its art style, then there damn well should be an option to play with the original Japanese audio on. Not just for authenticity sake, but for immersion as well. I don't even know how someone could have the gall to debate this. You wouldn't watch a Japanese film with an English dub unless you wanted to be ripped straight out of the experience, so why is it deemed acceptable to play a game like Persona 4 with only a Western dub as an option? It's bullshit.

Fight the good fight Huber.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm really late to the party with this, but I just watched episode 3 of Frame Trap, and I want to say I'm with Huber all the way on his stance regarding the inclusion of Japanese audio in Persona 5 and FFXV. If a game is set in Japan, features a Japanese cast, is made by a Japanese team and/or just looks very Japanese in its art style, then there damn well should be an option to play with the original Japanese audio on. Not just for authenticity sake, but for immersion as well. I don't even know how someone could have the gall to debate this. You wouldn't watch a Japanese film with an English dub unless you wanted to be ripped straight out of the experience, so why is it deemed acceptable to play a game like Persona 4 with only a Western dub as an option? It's bullshit.

What I've learned is that this is something super subjective. Some people get pulled out of the experience hearing stuff they don't understand.
None the less I agree, in an ideal world we would always have both the original voices/text + dubbed/localized, like we already do in movies.

That said it's way better now than before and we have some games tipping their feet into the ideal territory(JP version of Bravely Default for the Sequel, P4Arena<- sadly it was region locked in exchange, Pokemon YX probably even ORAS).

Like when I started learning Japanese it felt way worse and it hasn't even been that long ago(maybe 5 years).
But yeah people should continue speaking up about it until it becomes standard practice.

wiibomb

take in mind this: Dark Souls is a japanese game with only english dubs because that was how From wanted it. not even in japan was an option to set the audio to japanese. It was a japanese game made with english in mind.

now.. the inspiration of FFXV is many aspects is that one of European countries, why should it be limited to japanese?

I find the subject very subjective, I really don't mind if they include me only the english dub, because most probably I'll only hear that one. It places more options yeah, but it isn't such a big deal for most people

MrMette

take in mind this: Dark Souls is a japanese game with only english dubs because that was how From wanted it. not even in japan was an option to set the audio to japanese. It was a japanese game made with english in mind.

now.. the inspiration of FFXV is many aspects is that one of European countries, why should it be limited to japanese?

I find the subject very subjective, I really don't mind if they include me only the english dub, because most probably I'll only hear that one. It places more options yeah, but it isn't such a big deal for most people
I don't think people wanting the original VO want only the original VO, but just the choice to have the original VO in there and not only English as a choice. On PSOne and even PS2 there was a problem with storage for this, but these days they can even make the Japanese VO downloadable for free (that's fine for me as wel). They already have the VO anyway + they have the subtitles, so I don't see why they cut it from the Western Releases, that's all.

I understand why people want to have it in English, that's their choice and I don't think it should be taken away. I just want the choice to choose Japanese in JRPGs.

It's the same that I have to lie about my country so I can set my Xbox One to English because Microsoft doesn't allow me to choose English for Belgium. The language is installed (it works fine when I tell it I am from Ireland), they just want to tell me how I have to use my Xbox (with the downside that some games will be in Dutch only, which is unplayable for me as it annoys me too much).

I just want a choice on how I consume my media, I don't see how that's a problem.
Btw if the game is not in Japanese originally like DS, I don't want it in Japanese, I just want the original VO.

sora87

I went back and watched the bouncer full playthrough last night because I couldn't sleep, still miss that stream room. Think I'll watch their Super Mario Bros 3 with splatoon intermission full playthrough tonight. God bless people getting these on youtube.

Tsosie

I feel like Brandon plays pokemon is the first thing that EZA has done that exists outside of the parameters of content they created at GT (this is excluding daily streaming). If they were still at GT this would have been a Just Played and would have existed as a single 30 - 40 minute overview of the game. I think that BPP is an example of the type of content that will evolve put of the GT EZA split and I could not be happier.

The Souls games are set in an obviously Western-stylised fantasy land, featuring a cast of non-Japanese characters both in ethnicity and design, so it makes sense that the characters speak English. Also, the Souls games aren't nearly as story-orientated as the likes of Persona 5 and FFXV, so the lack of dual audio isn't really an issue in that particular case anyway.

As for FFXV, you only need to take one glimpse at it to know that it's a Japanese game. I don't know about any European inspirations, but the general art style is noticeably Japanese in flavour. The characters have a slight anime style to their appearance (from the mannerisms to the hair and whatnot), albeit with more realistic proportions and features. Hence why I crave the original Japanese audio to be included in that game.

DKHF

Finally catching up on EZA stuff I've missed (basically everything but the core podcast and Frame Trap, and some other stuff). Watching ep 2 of Easy Update (Kyle and Ian going to Fatburger) and really enjoying it so far.

If Overwatch wins the vote than I give up with the world. Not only has Brad streamed that a ton already, he and Huber will be streaming it again this Thursday.

I feel worn out on the game just from watching Brad play and having a few hours myself on the BETA.

I feel like Brandon plays pokemon is the first thing that EZA has done that exists outside of the parameters of content they created at GT (this is excluding daily streaming). If they were still at GT this would have been a Just Played and would have existed as a single 30 - 40 minute overview of the game. I think that BPP is an example of the type of content that will evolve put of the GT EZA split and I could not be happier.

I've always loved this idea of content. It's a borderline retrospective, but through the eyes of someone who never played the game. I've been talking about doing a couple of these with friends recently. Actually, one just started the Uncharted Trilogy (my favorite series) at my recommendation so we may film conversations about those games one at a time and then have me play Mass Effect (his favorite series) for the first time and film the reverse.

There's something about two friends just chatting about a game in detail that just works. Probably the chemistry between friends that comes across on camera.

Kneefoil

gaf early impression were garbage, I think + no coop offline... Eh choice.

I actually haven't read any early impressions on it. That's really the reason why I wanted them to stream it: I'm a fan of PG, but sometimes they put out a Korra, so I've been interested to see if this is that, or something closer to the Transformers game. Doesn't sound too good based on what you're saying though.

Still, I at least have a reason to be interested in seeing this game. Overwatch or Minecraft I couldn't care less about. Overwatch was an alright watch when Brad was streaming it, but I think I've already had my fill of that game.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that the TMNT game has such a lead on the poll makes me wonder if people realize it doesn't have local co-op. Though, it's also new and has been relatively unpromoted, so I suppose people could just be curious about how it plays and turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom