• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Oh man, awesome bit by Ben. The amount of trolling that's about to hit him on that Hearthstone account is going to be earth shattering though.

Oooohhh and the thumbnail is Haunter. Maybe a trade soon? Time to catch up on this 3rd podcast!

I hope Kyle doesn't tell him, and if he doesn't figure out, he casually trades him a 'mon he doesn't have that just happens
to evolve from trading

Cue Brandon freak out.
Good thing Gengar doesn't look like a dofus in Gen 1

One aspect that seems unfair is when Brandon gets made fun of for mechanics in Polemon when almost everything is explained by random NPCs in odd ordering.

I'm just like Brandon (and similar age) where I never tried Pokemon even though I know it's been out there forever. And so I'm playing my first Pokemon in a similar pace as Brandon. I'm playing yellow. And I can't recall a RPG where items, moves, etc whether in menus or stores don't describe what it does. I keep thinking I'm missing a button and maybe I am. But the game can be intentionally obtuse.

I just end up looking things up online. And to his credit he's not.

All the explanations (well essential ones) are in the nice manual the game came with. I still love the artwork in there.

I can't get that Ben video to play for some reason, I've always had problems with Yahoo's player

Trying to watch Community season 6 on that trash heap was unbearable and I gave up on it. When you would pause the video to let it load, it doesn't, it just brings up other recommendations. Why

Edit: spoke too soon and it worked this time, thank you Sweeny

Tankard

I can't get that Ben video to play for some reason, I've always had problems with Yahoo's player

Trying to watch Community season 6 on that trash heap was unbearable and I gave up on it. When you would pause the video to let it load, it doesn't, it just brings up other recommendations. Why

Edit: spoke too soon and it worked this time, thank you Sweeny

That made me laugh so much.

sora87

I like the idea of Damiani doing a chat show thing but I doubt there's enough Zelda material to keep it exclusively to that topic. I'd love for him and Ben to talk about JRPGs some weeks or something like that.

Tankard

Dumb Game Monday voting is up on Patreon, only now through the chat, don't know how he thinks this is a better system to do it, but ok, i voted Bruce Lee.

Kneefoil

Seeing this reminded me of this segment from Nintendo's 2007 E3 press conference.

https://youtu.be/gJN7XX26NFU?t=24m20s

He's also in the video that they play before that time stamp.

Man, E3 has changed a lot since then, hasn't it?

I like the idea of Damiani doing a chat show thing but I doubt there's enough Zelda material to keep it exclusively to that topic. I'd love for him and Ben to talk about JRPGs some weeks or something like that.

That was kind of my worry too. There's only so much interesting Zelda stuff you can talk about before you start repeating yourself. I guess it might be an OK limited run, but I don't see a show like that lasting for several years, if it's weekly.

Dumb Game Monday voting is up on Patreon, only now through the chat, don't know how he thinks this is a better system to do it, but ok, i voted Bruce Lee.

Likes are tied to Patrons' accounts, I think. It's easy to cast multiple votes in the traditional poll, if you wanted to rig the polls. I doubt that any of the polls were rigged to the point that some other game would've been played though.

Voted for Bruce as well.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Would love that too, never enough JRPG love :).
That said I don't think this show needs to be something that goes on forever.

It's also nice to have shows that go on for a certain amount of episode depending on how much there is to say/do and after that come up with something else.
I like the idea cause it sounds personal. Seeing Don's cool test run with his show I don't think anyone there feels obligated to create stuff that's beholden to certain formats and that's pretty great in my opinion.
It's nice to have something you can count on every week but it's also cool to have something new here and there pop up even if it's just a one off.

Mikey Jr.

The fact that the TMNT game has such a lead on the poll makes me wonder if people realize it doesn't have local co-op. Though, it's also new and has been relatively unpromoted, so I suppose people could just be curious about how it plays and turned out.

1) I don't need to see another 2 hours of Overwatch when they have played 50 hours of it.

2) Minecraft? Really, I want to watch more minecraft?

Voted Turtles.

Mikey Jr.

I could log into 3 different devices and cast 3 votes.

I can only cast 1 with this system.

Mrg8523-

Thats really cool and I just realise I know nothing about Damiani. How did he end up on stage for Nintendo?

He ran a very popular Zelda fan site. I think he explained it in an episode of GT Time. That's how I found out about it. I also remember him talking about him having to hold the stylus in an uncomfortable way so his hand wouldn't block the camera.

Kneefoil

So I haven't gotten around to watching last weeks dumb game Monday. Why are we already on a new game? I doubt Beowulf was a 4 hour game.

Kyle got too frustrated with the game. First game to not get into the Dumb Game Monday Hall of Fame.

I think Legend was actually Hard difficulty, and not Normal like Kyle thought.

Kyle got too frustrated with the game. First game to not get into the Dumb Game Monday Hall of Fame.

I think Legend was actually Hard difficulty, and not Normal like Kyle thought.
Huh. Harder than Chicago Enforcers? He spent an hour descending into madness with that one and still continued on. And in part one he cruised through the game

I guess he couldn't change difficulty in game as well

Time to implement Weeaboo Weekly with Ben-kun and Damiani-Chan.

tok9

I think most are voting for TMNT because we've seen and are getting more Overwatch and I feel like in general, we aren't that interested in Minecraft.

Kneefoil

Huh. Harder than Chicago Enforcers? He spent an hour descending into madness with that one and still continued on. And in part one he cruised through the game

I guess he couldn't change difficulty in game as well

Chicago Enforcer is probably the harder game, but at least it didn't crash and softlock on him. Chicago Enforcer is also completely broken in a somewhat charming way, while Beowulf the Game is just kind of bland and tedious.

Mikey Jr.

Schedule for the week is up and no 8 hour stream.

Ohh well. They still need $1100 dollars in a week. Thats gonna be tough I think.

MrMette

I think most are voting for TMNT because we've seen and are getting more Overwatch and I feel like in general, we aren't that interested in Minecraft.

I did vote for Minecraft although and I don't even play the game. I did vote for it just because they have plenty of creative people who can make cool stuff (also Don is usually in the back and as he likes to create stuff, maybe he will play a bit of this). Also I think there will be plenty of conversations in a game like this as it is more slowpaced, but we will never know :).

That said, TMNT is fine for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom