• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

"And the main quest was never to be seen again..."

i lost it. Latest Tabletop Escapades was pure joy, comedy gold all around.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez can we let that rap thing rest already? It isn't even that Kyle forced it through without reason.
https://youtu.be/TkHzUvFn_2E?t=4m18s
People saw this the week before and probably wrote in to say they liked that part.
So Kyle kind of brought it back by demand.

To your brother you can say no they aren't doing this every week. They're trying things out so the podcast stays interesting sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure everyone involved already learned from this, whether that means them just getting more comfortable with this bit or leaving it for the right panel combination.

Kasper

Solid DM'ing on the latest episode of Tabletop Escapades, Ben! You really rolled with the punches and came up with great material on the fly when the others tried to zig when you zagged.

One thing, though, I'm a little confused on the whole travel time, ruined cities, etc. after this episode. It had always seemed like their journey hadn't been very long at all (as everyone was completely unfamiliar with each other), but it's actually been several months as talked about in this episode? And the ruined city, that was where they started, right? Not just where Kyle is from. If so are they still supposed to return there or go to that other city that was mentioned?

Karu

One thing, though, I'm a little confused on the whole travel time, ruined cities, etc. after this episode. It had always seemed like their journey hadn't been very long at all (as everyone was completely unfamiliar with each other), but it's actually been several months as talked about in this episode? And the ruined city, that was where they started, right? Not just where Kyle is from. If so are they still supposed to return there or go to that other city that was mentioned?
Yeah... that the one thing I was also confused by - as acknowledged in the episode itself. A short written explaination/appendix during Lore Corner or something would probably help.

Kasper

Team Update!

Jones continues his fishing obsession. I can't believe how meh he seemed on Gyarados. Once he gets surf I imagine he'll change his tune.

Also, I wish he'd get rid of Wormtail. For selfish drawing reasons.

I really love your Pokémon art. The way you portray them, add the subtle texture when coloring and all that is just fantastic. Do you work as a concept artist, or is this just a hobby for you?

Kneefoil

Enjoyed the latest TTE a ton.
While I did tell Huber to take the spell in the hopes of seeing how everyone would react to his death, I am still glad that he survived. It's still an early part of the campaign, and Law hasn't reached his full potential yet.

I've been trying to get my brother into watching Easy Allies stuff since day one, he's watched all of their reviews and he just told me that he gave their latest podcast a watch. These are his exact words:

"I had to turn it off, that rapping part was embarrassing. The fat one was just not into it and the lanky one seemed pissed off. Do they do that shit every week?"

So this is what an outsider thinks of that section.
Not sure what difference it makes that he's an "outsider". Even it did change something, you wouldn't be able to fairly generalize that no one outside of the EZA fanbase likes the rap section based on just one opinion.

On another note, I really hope Nintendo shocks everyone at E3 and announces the real NX release date is this Christmas.
Not happening. You're just setting yourself up for a disappointment.

Solid DM'ing on the latest episode of Tabletop Escapades, Ben! You really rolled with the punches and came up with great material on the fly when the others tried to zig when you zagged.

It seems the group (and me)thought they started the quest from Guilded dawns HQ in Londongard, but somewhere along the lines Ben changed that HQ to another town and thus they started from there and not Londongard, because Londongard was destroyed months before they even started their adventure but it's only being brought up now...

Auctopus

Team Update!

Jones continues his fishing obsession. I can't believe how meh he seemed on Gyarados. Once he gets surf I imagine he'll change his tune.

Dude, amazing job. Love the depth of field effect as well. Your interpretations of the pokemon look so great.

Enjoyed the latest TTE a ton.
While I did tell Huber to take the spell in the hopes of seeing how everyone would react to his death, I am still glad that he survived. It's still an early part of the campaign, and Law hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Not sure what difference it makes that he's an "outsider". Even it did change something, you wouldn't be able to fairly generalize that no one outside of the EZA fanbase likes the rap section based on just one opinion.

Not happening. You're just setting yourself up for a disappointment.

Oh, I don't care about the NX
not true
, I just really want to see that Huber ad-lib play.

Giever

It seems the group (and me)thought they started the quest from Guilded dawns HQ in Londongard, but somewhere along the lines Ben changed that HQ to another town and thus they started from there and not Londongard, because Londongard was destroyed months before they even started their adventure but it's only being brought up now...

Which is weird because they only found out about Londongard being destroyed because they said they came from Londongard, but they didn't actually come from Londongard, and uhhhhhh...

Oh my god i can´t take this Tabletop episode.

HEY! WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!? ....... We come in peace. lmao

Gotta stop every couple of minutes of laughter.

sinxtanx

getting close to that 40 000

I wonder if they'll get the desk and the other stuff if it hits the goal after may contributions get collected but before E3, would there be enough time to custom(?) order a desk?

SeanTSC

17 mins into TTE ep 9. SO FUCKING GOOD. My god.

TTA was always my favorite GT show by far, but I'm just falling in love over and over and over again with this.

Team Update!

R9HPIxu.png

I love these, I can't believe I enjoy two guys talking about a 20 year old game so much.

Alucrid

Banned
Team Update!

holy shit that's fantastic. perfectly captured johnny's performance at the grass gym

Visceir

Is there any fanart of the TTE's new group yet?

Felt like Ian went back to roleplaying Lailia this time around as the personality was completely different from previous times.

Really liking how Brad and Kyle are getting into their characters, hope we get more Law action.

Kneefoil

From the podcast: no Brandon Plays Pokémon this week because Brandon hasn't had enough time to play the game. :(

Felt like Ian went back to roleplaying Lailia this time around as the personality was completely different from previous times.
Yeah, I felt like that too.

Tankard

Team Update!

Gets better every week, TCG, keep feeding us with your talent.

Sorry I retconned some of the lore. There are reasons, though! And I think they're good ones. I know it's confusing. If anyone needs clarification on something just PM me. I realize I'm not always great at addressing this stuff in the episode itself.

TheCalGee

Fabulous as always calgee

And as always, I appreciate the the kind words :)

I really love your Pokémon art. The way you portray them, add the subtle texture when coloring and all that is just fantastic. Do you work as a concept artist, or is this just a hobby for you?

Thank you! I actually had a year of school in both animation and then concept art. But for right now I work as a Graphic Designer and keep drawing as a hobby/side work.

Dude, amazing job. Love the depth of field effect as well. Your interpretations of the pokemon look so great.

Thanks! I try to give them a bit of flair without betraying the original design/silhouette.

I love these, I can't believe I enjoy two guys talking about a 20 year old game so much.

Right? I think I've listened to each episode twice while working.

holy shit that's fantastic. perfectly captured johnny's performance at the grass gym

Jones said he was a demon! Does anyone think Johnny is ever going to faint in Jones' game? I'm starting to have my doubts.

Gets better every week, TCG, keep feeding us with your talent.

Thank you! Comments like this really make my day. I'll keep it up :)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps it's too good for Dumb Game Monday, but I really liked watching Kyle stream Poképark. I think I like it best when Kyle is having fun, and those smiles made me smile. Also, that Caterpie and Slowpoke Chase humor? The developers were having fun with the game, and I think that's contagious. I think the argument could be made that Poképark is a Dumb Game, though, so I hope we see it until it has been beaten 100%. I could see it getting old, but hopefully new minigames show up as you progress, and the allure of new Pokémon could help.

Perhaps it's too good for Dumb Game Monday, but I really liked watching Kyle stream Poképark. I think I like it best when Kyle is having fun, and those smiles made me smile. Also, that Caterpie and Slowpoke Chase humor? The developers were having fun with the game, and I think that's contagious. I think the argument could be made that Poképark is a Dumb Game, though, so I hope we see it until it has been beaten 100%. I could see it getting old, but hopefully new minigames show up as you progress, and the allure of new Pokémon could help.

I have to admit I was really not liking the game thought it was boring to watch, and the streams are late at night for me so If they aren't intense/interesting games I tend to fall asleep. Reflecting on what you wrote though put a whole new spin on it. I like the positivity you talked about and the humor. Kyle legitimately seemed to enjoy the game too. I guess I still need to learn to love Dumb Games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kyle standup makes me think he practiced the swagger from that "hooded guy loses his mind" gif more than the jokes.

TTE was a fucking incredible episode. First session they were clearly getting used to new format and whatever. This time they were all heavily up for RP and buying into the world.

Podcast was western filth from start to end. Damiani doesn't half waffle around a subject too much as well.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Dang Law not losing his leg is a missed opportunity was looking so forward to him getting a pegleg. Maybe even an enchanted one xD or one with a blade attached to it. Still what a moment!

Is there any reason why I can't seem to download the latest TTE off of souncloud? The other episodes have the button, but this one is missing it. Do the guys have to specifically allow it or is it a problem with sound cloud?

or is it a problem with me? ;-;

mcw

Is there any reason why I can't seem to download the latest TTE off of souncloud? The other episodes have the button, but this one is missing it. Do the guys have to specifically allow it or is it a problem with sound cloud?

or is it a problem with me? ;-;

It has to be enabled by the creator.

Is there a way to add the soundcloud feed to my podcast app?

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom