• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how we had a few episodes of Cup of Jones with him saying he's done with trailers and that's the past he's in no hurry to revisit...then when he's doing that Mighty9 trailer score he just suddenly jumps right into the zone and tears it apart. Dude was born to score trailers.
Where was this trailer score?

Tankard

Katt Monroe does have more of a combat role in Star Fox 64 (the original Star Fox Zero is based on). She is supposed to be Falco's implied love tease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JI3TO-ygY4

She does help shoot down searchlights and switches in Star Fox 64.

One aspect I don't understand was how the delivery of the lines of dialogue got a lot worse in Star Fox Zero than the N64 original. I know some voice actors did not return but there should be no excuse.

2402030-6117849252-HFEdN.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I still can't quite comprehend how outfits such as Funhaus and Smosh are these real legitimate business empires that are peoples paycheques now while anything even remotely intelligent has to claw for oxygen. It's really fucking sad. Is there any sign of those candles burning out anytime soon? I had to unsubscribe from Game Grumps the other day because I was just done.

Funhaus people get to see more Don than us! That ain't right.

Visceir

I still can't quite comprehend how outfits such as Funhaus and Smosh are these real legitimate business empires that are peoples paycheques now while anything even remotely intelligent has to claw for oxygen. It's really fucking sad. Is there any sign of those candles burning out anytime soon? I had to unsubscribe from Game Grumps the other day because I was just done.

Funhaus people get to see more Don than us! That ain't right.

Don't know about Smosh but Funhaus is under the RoosterTeeth umbrella which seem have just built up this network of sites and viewership that instantly gives any new site they add quite a lot of exposure. They've got access to channels like letsplay and theknow and usually do content and get exposure there too.

Obviously it helps that the Funhaus cast is really charismatic and funny. They've admitted themself that they often try to cater to teens, but from what I've watched of them they're actually a really intelligent and funny bunch who put a lot of work and effort into editing their content and videos to make them entertaining to watch.

The "...while anything even remotely intelligent has to claw for oxygen." part seems also a rather narrow-minded view of things.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Don't know about Smosh but Funhaus is under the RoosterTeeth umbrella which seem have just built up this network of sites and viewership that instantly gives any new site they add quite a lot of exposure. They've got access to channels like letsplay and theknow and usually do content and get exposure there too.

Obviously it helps that the Funhaus cast is really charismatic and funny. They've admitted themself that they often try to cater to teens, but from what I've watched of them they're actually a really intelligent and funny bunch who put a lot of work and effort into editing their content and videos to make them entertaining to watch.

The "...while anything even remotely intelligent has to claw for oxygen." part seems also a rather narrow-minded view of things.

Everytime Funhaus comes back up into EZA chat due to the crossover like Elyse turning up or Omar on the past two Easy Updates, I give a customary click to see what the first block of thumbnails over there is:
2xaGEy9.jpg

Then I nope right out of there and feel weird thats the job thats keeping these GT alumni paid up and with seemingly more of a structurally sound future than their old life. I'd struggle to see them being 'proud' of the content they get involved with over there without mental gymnastics and reprogramming going on.

To see things go from GTTV being on broadcast TV with incredibly professional shows to not something worth pursuing while people screaming "rape" into a microphone is where all the money is nowadays is just one of those deep sigh things. I'm an impatient person to the core, so I'm always waiting for the great media cycle to turn and for tastes to flip on their head again.

I guess it just goes to show how important putting our money where our mouths is with showing the Easy Allies they were right to come back and carve out their niche all over again. Just sad its niche is all. I live in hope for the day EZA closes in on 100k Youtube subs, 200k, 300k and so on.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a place where all the lore corners and additional info to TTE is compiled?
Navigating through the creator posts in Patreon is not that great(Unless I'm totally missing filter option).
Also somewhere where I can see the character sheets or any skills they have(Again unless I misunderstand D&D)

SeanTSC

Is there a place where all the lore corners and additional info to TTE is compiled.
Navigating through the creator posts in Patreon is not that great(Unless I'm totally missing filter option).

Also somewhere where I can see the character sheets or any skills they have(Again unless I misunderstand D&D)

I don't think there's anything yet. Hopefully that will be part of the website when they get it up and running. Also including character sheets is a GREAT idea and I hope that Ben posts those as well. Hopefully they read this! You should send that suggestion to their email address.

Ashtar

I definitely won't sit here and condone rape jokes or people talking about digging up bodies for sex, but it does seem like people are being haters what does funhause have to do with easy allies? Besides the obvious cross of some staff.
I think there's enough room for everyone to have theirs we don't have to insult the intelligence of people at funhaus or the guys who like to watch it

BruceCLea

Banned
I interned at Machinima in 2011 and worked with Adam Kovic, Lawrence Sontagg and Joel. They're all super nice people. Adam is a really cool guy and always wanted to include me in videos. Lawrence is seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met. I started my internship around the same time he began work. He's incredibly intelligent and tech savvy. He helped with all sorts of stuff and I literally can't say enough nice stuff about the guy. Joel is hilarious and nice too.

Just my experience.

Sheentak

I definitely won't sit here and condone rape jokes or people talking about digging up bodies for sex, but it does seem like people are being haters what does funhause have to do with easy allies? Besides the obvious cross of some staff.
I think there's enough room for everyone to have theirs we don't have to insult the intelligence of people at funhaus or the guys who like to watch it

Don Freelances for them and well people miss Omar and Elyse on GT.

I really miss Elyse wish if she never left to work with her husband, shes not the same on Funhaus

I agree in that they are obviously smart, funny, articulate dudes, which is why It's a bummer to see them chasing YouTube trash views so hard, but that's one of the gross realities of what it means to be successful on YouTube. I can enjoy some of their discussions on Dude Soup, but want nothing to do with them browsing Rule34 between random Steam games. And I definitely miss Elyse getting to produce the kind of stuff she did at GT.

so1337

Nope, wouldn't give them the free click. But it's one of the videos in that pic Pie and Beans has.
BRB giving them 15 clicks because the thumbnails don't make it immediately obvious which video you're talking about.
Everytime Funhaus comes back up into EZA chat due to the crossover like Elyse turning up or Omar on the past two Easy Updates, I give a customary click to see what the first block of thumbnails over there is:
2xaGEy9.jpg
"How many things teens are into can we possibly fit into these thumbnails?"
"All of them."

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think there's anything yet. Hopefully that will be part of the website when they get it up and running. Also including character sheets is a GREAT idea and I hope that Ben posts those as well. Hopefully they read this! You should send that suggestion to their email address.

Thanks for the info, was asking because I felt like it would help me follow the episodes better to have some kind of hub of TTE info where I can look up stuff as it comes up.

Nope, wouldn't give them the free click. But it's one of the videos in that pic Pie and Beans has.

Going to laugh if he goes through all the videos out of curiosity giving them more clicks. xD

Visceir

Then I nope right out of there and feel weird thats the job thats keeping these GT alumni paid up and with seemingly more of a structurally sound future than their old life. I'd struggle to see them being 'proud' of the content they get involved with over there without mental gymnastics and reprogramming going on.

To see things go from GTTV being on broadcast TV with incredibly professional shows to not something worth pursuing while people screaming "rape" into a microphone is where all the money is nowadays is just one of those deep sigh things. I'm an impatient person to the core, so I'm always waiting for the great media cycle to turn and for tastes to flip on their head again.

I guess it just goes to show how important putting our money where our mouths is with showing the Easy Allies they were right to come back and carve out their niche all over again. Just sad its niche is all. I live in hope for the day EZA closes in on 100k Youtube subs, 200k, 300k and so on.

Eh, I think you're oversimplifying things, you could easily pick and choose "bad" examples like that even from EZA content...only difference is that you're familiar enough with EZA personalities already to know they're just being silly and goofing around.

FH people seem to be having a lot of fun at work and I imagine getting all that fanart/support and meeting fans at conventions is more than fulfilling.

I think it might be worth taking a look at what/how the successful channels are doing things, taking the parts that would work for you and leaving out the "bad" -- EZA has room to improve while retaining what they represent and are.

Ideally the 50 k goal (and more) should be met by expanding their audience rather than having the existing ones pay more.

Naythan

It's Quiplash dude, being offensive is kind of part of the game.

Look, I'm no Funhaus fan but some of you are really stretching the truth to make them seem like terrible people when really they are just a kind of mediocre, stereotypical Youtube channel with a lot of views. Honestly some of you sound overly salty for no reason.

Look, I'm no Funhaus fan but some of you are really stretching the truth to make them seem like terrible people when really they are just a kind of mediocre, stereotypical Youtube channel with a lot of views. Honestly some of you sound overly salty for no reason.

I was just explaining the comment to Tinfoilhatsron. Wagram made the original post about "every single person involved".

Dmax3901

If they are indeed stereotypical then that's scary, but I think given the stuff pointed out on this page alone, the reaction is not unwarranted.

Huh. I didn't know what quiplash was. Assuming it's like CAH? Still mixed though.

If this the average youtube channel though, my respect for humanity has dropped significantly. I know this generation of kids are just as stupid as the last, but man is it more apparent wuth the internet. Assuming that most of the views come from teens and kids.

Hasney

I'm not going to judge the Quiplash thing, but if they're laughing over someone dying on a race, then fuck them.

Aside from that since I haven't seen it, it's like I said before, kids rule the majority of the views on YouTube for video game content. I would have probably loved them when I was 13.

Visceir

I'm not going to judge the Quiplash thing, but if they're laughing over someone dying on a race, then fuck them.

Aside from that since I haven't seen it, it's like I said before, kids rule the majority of the views on YouTube for video game content. I would have probably loved them when I was 13.

The good mood and laughter was there before someone looked up nascar videos, they pointed out that the cameraman in the video was an asshole and said they don't want to watch videos like that. Context!

I'm wondering if the people being disgusted and offended by FH also dislike Louis CK's material.

The good mood and laughter was there before someone looked up nascar videos, they pointed out that the cameraman in the video was an asshole and said they don't want to watch videos like that. Context!

I'm wondering if the people being disgusted and offended by FH also dislike Louis CK's material.

I think Louis CK may be provocative and daring, yet intelligent. FH is really bad in my opinion, I dislike them, and I think Elyse is trapped in a much lesser creative environment. Don't pretend everyone having an opinion different from yours is necessarily wrong or mean. I don't like them, you like them, more power to you.

Visceir

I think Louis CK may be provocative and daring, yet intelligent. FH is really bad in my opinion, I dislike them, and I think Elyse is trapped in a much lesser creative environment. Don't pretend everyone having an opinion different from yours is necessarily wrong or mean. I don't like them, you like them, more power to you.

Louis CK has had some rather 'dark' bits

But yeah, different opinions, also on the part of Elyse being 'trapped', lol.

Comparing FH to Louis CK is a bit of a stretch, even if you like them.

jbluzb

Such a terrible, terrible youtube channel full of brain cell ruining childish garbage. Elyse is truly wasted there.

sometimes I think so to :( but Elyse looks happy in funhouse so in the end she made the right decision for herself, as it will help her buff that resume and get those much needed people networks and connections.

UrbanRats

I'm guessing Chyna the female wrestler? That's pretty fucking disgusting then. What the fuck.
Bad idea for a thumbnail, but it's hardly the first time someone did a dark humor joke.
Some of the best comedians around said much much worse.
And judging such a joke completely devoid of context is asinine.

Jonnax

Bad idea for a thumbnail, but it's hardly the first time someone did a dark humor joke.
Some of the best comedians around said much much worse.
And judging such a joke completely devoid of context is asinine.

They chose to thumbnail their video with that joke. With no context. It's not asinine if that's how they advertise themselves.

Also the shittiest "dark" humour is just saying something offensive to get a rise out of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom