• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Score

Are any of them even big fans? Doesn't seem to come up much if at all

On the podcast, they brought up the concept of Crash being a big announcement at E3 with the level of dismissiveness it deserves. We're talking Battleborn levels of meh.

Crash was mediocre in it's day, and the people clamouring for some sort of modern reboot must be wearing the rosiest glasses ever created.

Hasney

On the podcast, they brought up the concept of Crash being a big announcement at E3 with the level of dismissiveness it deserves. We're talking Battleborn levels of meh.

Crash was mediocre in it's day, and the people clamouring for some sort of modern reboot must be wearing the rosiest glasses ever created.

It probably was the best early platformer on PS1 though, although that's not saying much (and I still preferred Jumping Flash). I always assumed people with such affection for it grew up with the PS1 as their first console.

Well the Naughty Dog installments were critically acclaimed back in the day, and they continue to sell like hotcakes every month on PSN, so I dunno, it makes sense that Sony would want to acquire the rights and make Crash relevant again after Activision muddied his name for so long.

And apart from the first game's super archaic save system and the third game's over-reliance on vehicle levels, they've aged just fine.

Slightly surprised no one at EZA has taken up the task to stream/play through all the Crash Bandicoot games.

Why does EZA hate jolly platformers?!

I just want Brandon and Kyle to stream Pokemon Snap once they've finished Brandon Plays Pokemon. That game was the absolute coolest if you were into Pokemon at the time, even if it was pretty short.

YOU'RE MEDIOCRE! Crash 1-3 were great and CTR > Mario Kart.

Visceir

And Crash Team Racing multiplayer for group stream, c'mon!
just emulate it if none of them have a playstation anymore

sora87

If by mediocre you mean created an interesting take on the 3D platformer, offered challenging and unique gameplay and sold millions upon millions of copies then yeah, sure.

Edito-

8PM PT - 11PM PT | PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Kyle Bosman

Late Night PT | Red Dead Revisited
Brandon Jones

12AM PT - 1AM PT | Tetris
Bosman v Wozniak Week 9
Kyle Bosman

Wooooooo

farisr

Don't worry. We're aware.
Cool.
Just plain wrong. It's okay, I'm used to this kind of sentiment being expressed not only for the Crash tirlogy on the PS1, but the DKC trilogy on the SNES as well. The games reviewed well. Sold well. And still sell well on PSN.
It probably was the best early platformer on PS1 though, although that's not saying much (and I still preferred Jumping Flash). I always assumed people with such affection for it grew up with the PS1 as their first console.
Not like this Hasney... I thought you were cool.

My first console was the Atari 2600, and my favorite platformers before the Crash trilogy on PS1 was the DKC trilogy on the SNES.

Hasney

Not like this Hasney... I thought you were cool.

My first console was the Atari 2600, and my favorite platformers before the Crash trilogy on PS1 was the DKC trilogy on the SNES.

Heh, well I loved DKC!

Honestly, I played through the demo of the first with my early model PS1 and about half of the second one and wished I had been given a Saturn because Sonic Xtreme was going to rule!

OK, I got the last part wrong. But it really wasn't until I got the N64 that I thought platformers could work properly in 3D.

Auctopus

Loved this moment, I was worried we were about to get 20 minutes of Crash Remake talk but I'm glad they recognised there's nothing actually worth talking about right now.

It feels like the majority of the Crash crusaders on GAF just seem to want some moment of nostalgia back in their lives. It doesn't actually feel like the game is due a comeback or anything (besides the hints by Sony). In saying that, it will sell a shit-ton and I'm sure Sony see dollar signs when they look at the PSN Classics downloads every month.

If they really feel the need to do it then a trilogy remaster/remake by Bluepoint (Actually made up of Crash-era devs, btw! A far better pick than current day Naughty Dog) would be a much better use of resources.

Loved this moment, I was worried we were about to get 20 minutes of Crash Remake talk but I'm glad they recognised there's nothing actually worth talking about right now.

It feels like the majority of the Crash crusaders on GAF just seem to want some moment of nostalgia back in their lives. It doesn't actually feel like the game is due a comeback or anything (besides the hints by Sony). In saying that, it will sell a shit-ton and I'm sure Sony see dollar signs when they look at the PSN Classics downloads every month.

If they really feel the need to do it then a trilogy remaster/remake by Bluepoint (Actually made up of Crash-era devs, btw! A far better pick than current day Naughty Dog) would be a much better use of resources.
I never played the original so I'll never understand the nostalgia, but it seems like it was a cool project that tried a different direction for the 3d puzzle-platformer genre. But it also seems clear to me that the genre evolved (thanks to nintendo) in a different direction.
I don't really know how they can go back to that design, and make another entry in the series, except if they take those characters and make it a boilerplate noir adventure, telltale style.

farisr

I don't really know how they can go back to that design, and make another entry in the series, except if they take those characters and make it a boilerplate noir adventure, telltale style.
The way I see it is, if they can still make 2d platformers, and a game like DKC Tropical Freeze can come out now (which was basically like the original trilogy with some additions here and there, more dynamic/alive level design etc), a game like the original Crash trilogy can come out as well with similar enhancements.

3oD3YQ9IFv0QwFtcli.gif

Bosman tries it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So curious about what they'll think of Warcraft, I saw it yesterday but I don't want to say more than that in case that they wanted to be on media blackout for the movie given that some of them read this thread.

Ton of good EZA content next month. We're getting close to first Game Sleuth. I think Brandon mentioned that there might be an update on the first Retrospective soon.
Of course E3!! Uncharted 4 spoiler discussion likely(although I can't watch since I still have to play it) + the regular shows + maybe surprise content here and there.
Also if stars somehow align Kyle, Ian, Ben VLR discussion :p someday maybe.

(Dang that's a lot of stuff hope they'll survive that month)

Hasney

So I know we've talked about other content and podcasts before, but I'm watching the Mega 64 podcast right now and they have Lauren and Justin on from Funimations podcats Dubbletalk.... They both seem awesome so I'm not talking down about them, but how did they not have Damiani on it? Seems like a missed opportunity for them.

I'm kind of glad they didn't, because it's our EZA gain, but still. They're calling out Screwattack too, so it's old GT content wars <3.

Hasney

The new Witcher expansion is dropping this week, right? Would much rather Blood stream that than that Majin game.

I thnk Blood likes to finish what he starts. I can see him one day doing an insane stream of all of Witcher 3.

Why is Hitman winning the vote? Such a bland game for them to play.

igTVEFR.gif

While I ended up voting for the local multiplayer game, Hitman is anything but bland. The game is as much as you want to get out of it... And I wouldn't mind seeing Huber murder people while the rest are watching.

So I know we've talked about other content and podcasts before, but I'm watching the Mega 64 podcast right now and they have Lauren and Justin on from Funimations podcats Dubbletalk.... They both seem awesome so I'm not talking down about them, but how did they not have Damiani on it? Seems like a missed opportunity for them.

I'm kind of glad they didn't, because it's our EZA gain, but still. They're calling out Screwattack too, so it's old GT content wars <3.

Were they live or on Skype? Mega64 is in San Diego, which is a 3 hour drive by car without too much traffic.

Hasney

Oh god, I'm watching an hour special on the WWE Network focusing on a wrestler called Seth Rollins who is from Iowa. Guess what they're eating? Taco Pizza.... It's not just Ben!

Were they live or on Skype? Mega64 is in San Diego, which is a 3 hour drive by car without too much traffic.

They were there live, normally at Funamation in Texas though. Just happened to be in the area.

wiibomb

Oh god, I'm watching an hour special on the WWE Network focusing on a wrestler called Seth Rollins who is from Iowa. Guess what they're eating? Taco Pizza.... It's not just Ben!

WTF??? Iowa? Taco Pizzas are real in Iowa?? take a picture! I don't even know how it should look like...

Philippo

I just got to see Kyle's skateboard story, so fucking out of nowhere it sounds like he's going crazy lol

Also hope they're all together during E3 streams, i missed Ben during last year's Sony conference.

Hasney

WTF??? Iowa? Taco Pizzas are real in Iowa?? take a picture! I don't even know how it should look like...

PwMNS1b.png

Best shot I can get.

Dude eating it goes "Hey let's introduce taco pizza, this is how you eat it. Got to have some chips on there, see? Then onions, meat, then taco sauce, baby"
Some other dude: "Always taco sauce"
Wrestler the documentary is about: "You're out of your mind"

wiibomb

I just got to see Kyle's skateboard story, so fucking out of nowhere it sounds like he's going crazy lol

Also hope they're all together during E3 streams, i missed Ben during last year's Sony conference.

I laughed a lot at it.

that's one good story writer right there, a good story writer always makes random stories in the mind, it keeps the mind trained for future stories.

no wonder at all how he came with all The Final Bosman lore...

Dude eating it goes "Hey let's introduce taco pizza, this is how you eat it. Got to have some chips on there, see? Then onions, meat, then taco sauce, baby"
Some other dude: "Always taco sauce"
Wrestler the documentary is about: "You're out of your mind"

ooooooooooooh nooooooooooooooooo.

I want some

farisr

This game seems so good and right up my alley, but aspects of the game being tied to online for no real reason means I'm not getting this game on principle. Really hope they reconsider when they do the retail release.

Joqu

I don't know if it'll matter for the goal and I know it was to be expected but it's a shame they dropped under 40k this month. Was hoping it'd stay above that.

Hasney

I don't know if it'll matter for the goal and I know it was to be expected but it's a shame they dropped under 40k this month. Was hoping it'd stay above that.

People do have 5 days to correct bounced payments and some of it might be some people that increased their payments specifically for E3 and have reduced them now the payment has been taken. I'm really hoping that they do communicate what it means come Cup of Jones at least though. Communication still hasn't been fantastic, but things are still moving so fast it must be hard.

EDIT: Cup of Jones might be happening today, so shorter time to wait than expected.

Joqu

People do have 5 days to correct bounced payments and some of it might be some people that increased their payments specifically for E3 and have reduced them now the payment has been taken. I'm really hoping that they do communicate what it means come Cup of Jones at least though. Communication still hasn't been fantastic, but things are still moving so fast it must be hard.

EDIT: Cup of Jones might be happening today, so shorter time to wait than expected.

I'd like some CoJ clarification too. Hope he didn't record before the drop if it's happening today, although it would've made sense to adres it before either way.

I didn't know about the 5 day thing, fingers crossed enough people will correct it then. As for people increasing their payment for E3 / a specific goal that's great and all, but people should probably try to avoid reducing until we're comfortably above the latest goal. Might be a bit demoralizing otherwise. :/

Hasney

I'd like some CoJ clarification too. Hope he didn't record before the drop if it's happening today, although it would've made sense to adres it before either way.

I didn't know about the 5 day thing, fingers crossed enough people will correct it then. As for people increasing their payment for E3 / a specific goal that's great and all, but people should probably try to avoid reducing until we're comfortably above the latest goal. Might be a bit demoralizing otherwise. :/

On the last point, not really since the money has been taken so Jones will know either now or within the week how much they'll be getting. I mean, sure it might be demoralising for us, but it won't be if they come out and go "Yeah, we're doing the E3 of dreams!!!". Put it this way, Kinda Funny's temporary goal dropped them from $84k to $43k during that same month.

Like I said earlier this week, they're smart people so would have recognised it goes down every month and probably built some shrinkage into the goal. Damn good monthly hold too, it's not even dropped a grand yet.

Joqu

On the last point, not really since the money has been taken so Jones will know either now or within the week how much they'll be getting. I mean, sure it might be demoralising for us, but it won't be if they come out and go "Yeah, we're doing the E3 of dreams!!!". Put it this way, Kinda Funny's temporary goal dropped them from $84k to $43k during that same month.

Like I said earlier this week, they're smart people so would have recognised it goes down every month and probably built some shrinkage into the goal. Damn good monthly hold too, it's not even dropped a grand yet.

Ah, yeah, I wasn't talking about Jones etc there, I'm sure they take all this into account. I meant us. I just don't want people to start feeling unmotivated if we drop under goals like that too often.

But you're right it might not we do get the E3 of dreams. It'd make sense I think, we aren't that far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom