• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really entertaining episode of Tabletop Escapades. Lots of twists and turns, and a lot of roleplaying. The arm wrestling went as perfectly as it could have gone.

Wiggy

I really didnt understand the panic today, but am glad Brandon cleared things up for those concerned.

Anyway, hilarious episode of Tabletop this week! I always prefer the town stuff versus the combat stuff-gives more role play opportunity. Anyone not watching is really missing out, and should give it a shot.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's going to sort itself out in the next 5 days.
Also wanted to mention for those that have missed the last Toybox stream.

Brandon mentions in regard to people asking what's the best way to support them(splitting their budget on twitch and patreon stuff like that).

He said that he wants to go into this more on a CoJ but basically breaking it down mathematically doesn't do that much(so whatever people feel like is is totally fine 5 for patreon and 5 for twitch to get emotes of 10 on patreon etc) but the best way to support them right now is just helping getting the word out that this is their new thing since he seems to still get people that are just rediscovering them and weren't aware that the Gametrailers crew is doing something new.

Mikey Jr.

I think it's going to sort itself out in the next 5 days.
Also wanted to mention for those that have missed the last Toybox stream.

Brandon mentions in regards to people asking what's the best way to support them(splitting their budget on twitch and patreon stuff like that).

He said that he wants to go into this more on a CoJ but basically breaking it down mathematically doesn't do that much(so whatever people feel like is is totally fine 5 for patreon and 5 for twitch to get emotes of 10 on patreon etc) but the best way to support them right now is just helping getting the word out that this is their new thing since he seems to still get people that are just rediscovering them and weren't aware that the Gametrailers crew is doing something new.

Lol, every once in a while someone asks him on twitter what happened to gametrailers.

Lol, every once in a while someone asks him on twitter what happened to gametrailers.

Oh yeah, those comments are constant anytime we put up a review. Spreading the word, and especially encouraging people to just give $1 - $5 a month can go a long way. Only about a tenth of our YouTube subscribers are patrons, etc.

Solobbos

That sudden Sophie at beginning of TTE. :3

c4NNKR6.gif

1dxFtOT.gif

E: Late to the party, it seems :|

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think about having something at the end of every video, like 10 seconds with different music and just a big easy allies screen that you can click on to directly get to the patreon? Or maybe something like a very small bit with someone directly talking like you see with Conan, Kimmel, etc who encourage people to subscribe to the youtube channel?

I feel like whenever I share something from you guys to my friends they watch it and often leave a like but don't really get to the youtube description under the video seeing the whole Patreon thing.

But not sure personally I find it hard to encourage people to chime in but yeah I don't see myself as a good salesman type of person so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. My approach has been just showing your stuff to people hoping they get hooked on the content and if they ask give the background on what makes the content possible.

What do you guys think about having something at the end of every video, like 10 seconds with different music and just a big easy allies screen that you can click on to directly get to the patreon? Or maybe something like a very small bit with someone directly talking like you see with Conan, Kimmel, etc who encourage people to subscribe to the youtube channel?

I feel like whenever I share something from you guys to my friends they watch it and often leave a like but don't really get to the youtube description under the video seeing the whole Patreon thing.

But not sure personally I find it hard to encourage people to chime in but yeah I don't see myself as a good salesman type of person so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. My approach has been just showing your stuff to people hoping they get hooked on the content and if they ask give the background on what makes the content possible.

On most of the shows and even streams, people are pretty good about pitching to the Patreon. We could use a little something more to cap off reviews, but I'm using YouTube's card system there and that seems to work to a degree. In general though, putting separate pitch slate or bumper at the end feels like it would just get skipped / ignored.

Tsosie

Had to stop halfway through Tabletop for real life obligations. So far though this has been the funniest episode yet.

demu

I live in Germany and the time difference sucks big time. I just read on Twitter that Brandon is cutting the podcast right now, so it probably won't be online for the next 4 hours or so. Which is perfectly fine for you Americans, but here it will be night by then.
So as a patron I don't really get my hands on the podcast two days early but rather just one.

I'm not saying it's their fault but... why do they have to live in LA?

giphy.gif

wiibomb

I live in Germany and the time difference sucks big time. I just read on Twitter that Brandon is cutting the podcast right now, so it probably won't be online for the next 4 hours or so. Which is perfectly fine for you Americans, but here it will be night by then.
So as a patron I don't really get my hands on the podcast two days early but rather just one.

giphy.gif

me too... I watch it Thursday because it comes out late night for me.

It really doesn't matter, though, the early podcast is the least of my concerns, they are overflowing with content right now

sinxtanx

taking an aside that would've just been Law saying "I haven't had a drink in 50 years" to reinforce his character and then turning it into Law the Nude...I love this show and it's just getting better

Par Score

This week's TTE is the absolute best.

It had me and my boyfriend cracking up (and he was only half-listening from the other side of the room).

UrbanRats

Yeah this was one of the best episodes they've had on either TTE or TTA.
Just amazing stuff back to back to back.

And Huber has the best improvised stories.

giphy.gif
I guess I'm weird or whatever but I've never expected Patreon rewards to be delivered 100% on time, to my satisfaction. All of those perks for me are just bonuses, nothing more, nothing less. I just enjoy the content when it come, however it comes.
Is that odd?

sora87

I guess I'm weird or whatever but I've never expected Patreon rewards to be delivered 100% on time, to my satisfaction. All of those perks for me are just bonuses, nothing more, nothing less. I just enjoy the content when it come, however it comes.
Is that odd?

No. Never forget the dark, dark times between GT's shut down and EZA's rise from the phoenix fire. It's still incredible this is a thing at all. I'll enjoy all the content when it's ready.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
On most of the shows and even streams, people are pretty good about pitching to the Patreon. We could use a little something more to cap off reviews, but I'm using YouTube's card system there and that seems to work to a degree. In general though, putting separate pitch slate or bumper at the end feels like it would just get skipped / ignored.

Yeah I can see that. Man self promotion feels pretty tricky.

Seems like if you're not careful with it you can come off the wrong way pretty easily or do something that can be pretty annoying(example: Collider videos does the pitch slate thing and they used to be pretty bad about volume levels and when you watched something in the background and suddenly the video ends you'd be a bit blasted with a loud "subscribe to the channel" thing).

But it also feels like when you want to grow you want/need to try things even if those risks exists. Oh well, I hope more people will notice EZA stuff during E3!
At least for me that was the case last year despite visiting gametrailers casually for years and watching the Final Bosman, watching E3 kind of made me learn about all the other stuff you guys did.

New TTE is amazing. I wonder if Pepe will spill the truth about what happened to Zhizhi? Like Pepe heard rumors of a jacked tan drawf skipping through the city and assumed it was Law. Having not felt the same since Law was around, he begins to cause misfortune for our heroes from the shadows. I'm also interested in the staff subplot, I imagine they'll get to it next week.

I knew I didn't like Moof.

styl3s

Does anyone think they should swap the $20 reward and the $10 reward?

I dont think the $10 tier is strong enough to justify moving up from the $5 tier. But the $20 tier has a great reward but is a lot of commitment for some people. I reckon youd get more money by dangling that carrot closer to the 2000 $5 patrons.
Speaking of these do they not list/archive those 2 things on their patreon? The community/QA stuff? Cause i just upped my to $20 and wanted to go back and watch the ones i missed and can't find anything.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of these do they not list/archive those 2 things on their patreon? The community/QA stuff? Cause i just upped my to $20 and wanted to go back and watch the ones i missed and can't find anything.

The first QA and community video is on their youtube channel.
QA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TA7e_VMRtM
Community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW4IUdbjDP0

Not sure though on the access part for $20 regarding if stuff is archived for instant access to the QA one done for may.
Worst case you'll have to wait until the upload again, assuming that the first one wasn't just a one off to get people interested.

Sorry if this doesn't help :/

Hitman stream was damn good

"check out this weed"

the sauce kill

"better npc than the Witcher"

Dark Huber

"every assassination tells a story"

Coin Strats

the wrench

Last Q&A was posted May 28. Not showing there for you?

Oh man latest TTE was so good. I was laughing so much my body hurt! That law story went places!

I think Law has surpassed Hogger. They both have that Huber chaos but Law doing it while really trying to do good makes it so much better

Hasney

giphy.gif

Yes you do, because of goes live Friday night so if you didn't pay, you'd have to wait until Saturday.

Hasney

Still not up, leaving my flat now.

So that's a straight Friday -> Saturday for me now.

Delays happen, but it has been pretty consistent outside the first one. When it happened last time, they delayed the free version too so it was later to match.

EDIT: Jones Twitter 8 hours ago said he had to the podcast, Banner Saga 2 review, Cup of Jones, Community Comments and the Brandon Plays Pokemon before sleeping. Damn. Ian and Don do their parts but they have other jobs too, so I really hope Brandon gets some production support too at some point.

Lexad

Delays happen, but it has been pretty consistent outside the first one. When it happened last time, they delayed the free version too so it was later to match.

EDIT: Jones Twitter 8 hours ago said he had to the podcast, Banner Saga 2 review, Cup of Jones, Community Comments and the Brandon Plays Pokemon before sleeping. Damn. Ian and Son do their parts but they have other jobs too, so I really hope Brandon gets some production support too at some point.

Yeah, as they begin ramping up the production, there is no way Jones can keep up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom