• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm suddenly reminded of last year and all the people who weren't FFVII/Shenmue/Team Ico fans trying to shit on those announcements because how dare other people be excited.
Who was shitting on those? People may have complained about TLG delays ("since it took a long time to make that means it will be a bad game!"), but otherwise I don't recall that.

My reaction to Crash being announced would pretty much be the same as Shenmue 3. Doesn't resonate personally but that's wonderful for the fans (and I still will hopefully try it out). Although I'm guessing Crash has a lower chance of happening than Shenmue 3.

Hasney

Yeah, I kid about but I'm down for Crash fans getting their fill. I got mine last year.

Personally, I just hope that's not what they're hoping will be their biggest announcement if it happens. That and GoW announcements would just make Sony kinda flat for me.

But hey, I'm in on Neo and PSVR, so I will probably go away at least slightly happy.

Any new Crash game is likely to be so different from the originals that comparisons are kinda silly IMO.

I'd hope not too different considering the originals are the best selling and best received. Trying to diffrenciate from them too much is the worst move they could make, it would be another FF7 PC port moment.

Who was shitting on those? People may have complained about TLG delays ("since it took a long time to make that means it will be a bad game!"), but otherwise I don't recall that.

My reaction to Crash being announced would pretty much be the same as Shenmue 3. Doesn't resonate personally but that's wonderful for the fans (and I still will hopefully try it out). Although I'm guessing Crash has a lower chance of happening than Shenmue 3.

Really? There were a ton of people who were trying to shit on Sony's conference last year, including pretty much the entire Giantbomb crew. Hell, the media (Polygon in particular) seemed to have a vendetta against Shenmue 3 for a good month or two. It was one of the reasons a lot of people were so happy about GT's coverage. Did you avoid GAF during June last year or something?

That reaction is fine, it just annoys me to see all the people on the last page be the dicks they were probably complaining about last year.

Much lower chance than Shenmue 3 of all games? No way. If Sony don't announce anything, despite all the teasing they've been doing (including wearing a freakin' Crash shirt on stage at PSX), it's going to be fun watching the backlash because I think they'll deserve it. I don't even have much hope it'll be any good (I can't see 1. Activision selling the IP to Sony or 2. Activision publishing a good Crash game) but hey, we'll see what happens. It'd be amazing if we got some genuinely good news out of it but I always set my expectations low going into these shows.

Servbot24

Banned
I avoid GB threads so that may explain it.

Shenmue is a game the creator wanted to make - is there a mastermind behind Crash who greatly wants to revitalize it? I'm not sure that there is (I might be wrong). Not to mention the legal issues. I just don't see the precedent.

Also I feel that Sony has been acknowledging that Crash is a game in their history rather than teasing a new entry. When a game company celebrates their history, it's no surprise that they bring up games that were on their previous platforms.

Kasper

Is this the week that they are skipping Brandon Plays Pokemon or was that last week? I need my Johnny fix.

They taped a new ep. If it'll release this week or not I'm not sure. Brandon mentioned that it was in his queue of stuff to cut, but if push comes to shove out of anything I could see this getting pushed to early next week.

Just look at the faces of Ben and Brad when Kyle tells about the Crash rumour/leak.

ItKXzOx.gif

Those are faces of HYPE.

That's the right way to react to Crash rumours.

This gif is just a warm up for the face melting reactions that'll go down on the 13th.

wiibomb

After Brandon Plays Pokemon we definitely need a Brandon watches Anime

preferably Jojo

If he does something like that, I would be following the same anime since I don't usually watch anime at all, just know the basics

I'm a little upset they apologized for the length of the podcast, if anything, make the podcast longer.

oh and I guess I should also say that I'm with Brandon on that anime statement, may be because I only see how the mainstream anime is, like Naruto, Dragon Ball or even a little of One Piece. I know it is a controversial statement, don't take it seriously.

BTW, I felt Ben very constrained all the podcast, was he tired? as a person who is fascinated by his takes, I was concerned.

Tankard

After Brandon Plays Pokemon we definitely need a Brandon watches Anime

preferably Jojo

By the way, i think Brandon mentioned in one of the streams (latest Toybox Tuesday iirc) that they are thinking about sequels to "Brandon Plays" and mentioned Mass Effect and Persona.

JONES YOU'RE KILLING ME HERE DUDE!

10/10. Brad Ellis doesn't always come off as the biggest personality of the group but that moment tells me something about him.

10/10. Brad Ellis doesn't always come off as the biggest personality of the group but that moment tells me something about him.

I look up to Brad. He's got more self restraint/self control compared to many (including myself).

He's become one of my favorites because of that. Watch him play Overwatch. When his team is clearly being stupid, he shrugs it off pretty well.

I on the other hand have a hard time not being a condescending jackass when that happens.

sora87

I remember when Brad first showed up on the GT streams and GT Time and I feared he'd be drowned out by the personalities of the others but he really came in to his own and developed a lot, he's now one of the crew I most relate to.

Kasper

oh and I guess I should also say that I'm with Brandon on that anime statement, may be because I only see how the mainstream anime is, like Naruto, Dragon Ball or even a little of One Piece. I know it is a controversial statement, don't take it seriously.

I watch a lot (probably too much...) anime, and I completely agree with Brandon on this, seeing as what he'd be familiar with from the other allies is the type of shounen-action anime that is all more or less like that whenever they get into one of their extremely drawn out fights lasting tons of episodes.

Not all anime is like that, naturally, but from an outsider only knowing about Naruto, Dragon Ball, etc. that's a pretty fair statement to make. To put it into perspective, those shows with hundreds and hundreds of episodes are basically the cartoon versions of Days of our Lives, but aimed at teenage boys instead of middle-aged women. So instead of a dramatic scene about your evil twin showing up lasting for 5 episodes you have a fight that could be over in 10 minutes be drawn out for 5 episodes.

Edit: Not that that's a bad thing, I like some shounen shows.

crimilde

Banned
We need a 'Brandon watches "serious" anime' show! I vote for either a dystopian sci-fi series, FMA Brotherhood, and/or a Mamoru Oshii film. :p

Edit: all of the Ghibli films would work too. And they're better than Disney in my own humble estimation. /hides under a rock

Ray Down

Banned
What isn't serious about the threat of Dio Brando?

As much as I love Jojo it's really hard to take it seriously. When you got Stone mask that stab you in the face to activate a primal part of you that turns you into a Vampire and with it you can shoot concentrated liquid eye beams.

This is not even touching the bizarre shit as the series goes on.

We need a 'Brandon watches "serious" anime' show! I vote for either a dystopian sci-fi series, FMA Brotherhood, and/or a Mamoru Oshii film. :p

Edit: all of the Ghibli films would work too. And they're better than Disney in my own humble estimation. /hides under a rock
Have Brandon, Kyle, and Brad all watch the Gundam Iron-Blooded dub together so Kyle and Brad can complain about how we don't get the good Gundam games unless you import them.

As much as I love Jojo it's really hard to take it seriously. When you got Stone mask that stab you in the face to activate a primal part of you that turns you into a Vampire and with it you can shoot concentrated liquid eye beams.

This is not even touching the bizarre shit as the series goes on.

My quote was definitely not meant to be taken seriously. The series is god damn ridiculous and always going at full blast. It is definitely not anywhere near what I would consider a 'serious' series. I think there's a tumblr or some other kind of blog called 'No Context Jojo' or 'Out of context Jojo' and I think it says a lot that even with the context most of that stuff is just as ridiculous.

I'm suddenly reminded of last year and all the people who weren't FFVII/Shenmue/Team Ico fans trying to shit on those announcements because how dare other people be excited.

To be fair, you had people losing their minds over a cgi trailer and a kickstarter campaign, I mean is normal to be happy, but show me gameplay and a release window before I jump on the hype train.

PepperedHam

To be fair, you had people losing their minds over a cgi trailer and a kickstarter campaign, I mean is normal to be happy, but show me gameplay and a release window before I jump on the hype train.
People went crazy because both of those announcements have been considered total pipe dreams for like, a decade.

I don't get you. Don't you want new original books, new albums with new songs, new movies? Why don't you want new games?

The reason why sequels exist in this industry is merely financial in nature, rarely motivated by the devs wanting to go back to the old concept (especially true in the case of Crash). The publishers conditioned game enthusiasts in believing that they wanted those sequels, and now there's barely any new high-budget game in sight. In this case it even seems that this reboot exists because gamers demanded sony to do it, and they will happily oblige...

People went crazy because both of those announcements have been considered total pipe dreams for like, a decade.

of course, but still, you are excited and thats ok, but dont be surprised when people are not losing their minds about games they havent saw gameplay of or know which year they are releasing in.

Thing I love about Huber: He likes Peaky Blinders
Thing I hate about Huber: He calls it a "European Boardwalk Empire"

Such a bad way of describing it :(

BahamutPT

The publishers conditioned game enthusiasts in believing that they wanted those sequels, and now there's barely any new high-budget game in sight.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dead Don't Ride
New Star Wars IP from EA
For Honor
Detroit: Become Human
The Last Guardian
The new Kojima project
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
Deep Down
Cyberpunk 2077 (from CDPR)

To an extent, depending on what you consider high budget: No Man's Sky, Yooka-Laylee, WiLD, ReCore and Nioh

I think there's plenty to be excited about for the next 24 months or so.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Dead Don't Ride
New Star Wars IP from EA
For Honor
Detroit: Become Human
The Last Guardian
The new Kojima project
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
Deep Down
Cyberpunk 2077 (from CDPR)

To an extent, depending on what you consider high budget: No Man's Sky, Yooka-Laylee, WiLD, ReCore and Nioh

I think there's plenty to be excited about for the next 24 months or so.

They were talking about how Crackdown 3 has missed the boat, but I feel the exact same way about Deep Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom